What happened to Laine’s goal-scoring?

member 305909

Finns usually cheer for all the Finns who are in the NHL but for some reason Laine irritates many Finns. I really don't know why that is.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Lot of people running their mouth for few finnish fanboys opinions.

These "Laine is like Lemieux" and "Better goalscorer than Ovechkin" takes were as hilarious as the "Matthews is generational" ones.

I guess you missed the 2 year long argument that included such things as Laine having the greatest shot of all time, being better than both Jagr snd McDavid because of his world championship performance bossing on bad teams, having 90 goal a year scoring potential, the conspiracy theories involving Canada, the media, and the draft combine that measured his height in the afternoon - thus marking him down as shorter to damage his draft stock. And on and on..

If anything, those Laine fans are getting off by not having their own posts quoted at them daily. The Winter Soldier chief among them.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Thanks for the thread it came at a good time. 6 goals in 8 games getting hot when the Jets need to win.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hat Trick Laine is back!

giphy.gif

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
Being all cocky and "I'm the best player in the world!" often rubs Finns the wrong way :D
If you're gonna use quotation marks, it should be an actual quotation. I'm pretty sure he's never said that.

But you have a point. Whereas most Finnish players are really quiet and almost shy, Laine comes of as cocky, which rubs some people the wrong way.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
I guess you missed the 2 year long argument that included such things as Laine having the greatest shot of all time, being better than both Jagr snd McDavid because of his world championship performance bossing on bad teams, having 90 goal a year scoring potential, the conspiracy theories involving Canada, the media, and the draft combine that measured his height in the afternoon - thus marking him down as shorter to damage his draft stock. And on and on..

If anything, those Laine fans are getting off by not having their own posts quoted at them daily. The Winter Soldier chief among them.

And exactly how many fans were like that? Let's hear your honest opinion?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad