What happened to Laine’s goal-scoring?

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
Matthews is having the better season right now, but the race between Matthews and Laine is far from over. Both Matthews and Laine has a lot of passionate fans that try to pump up their own player. Then add to that the facts that Matthews rubs a lot of Jets fans the wrong way and I know Laine rubs a lot of my fellow Leafs fans the wrong way too ever since he scored that first hattrick against the Leafs. So you can see that there's plenty of fuel to let this fight go on and on. :nod:

OK honey, they haven't been in the same stratosphere the last two seasons, that's a definitive, stat-supported (basic, advanced, RAPM, etc.) fact. I think the only ones hanging onto any sort of comparison (and there's not many these days) are Leafs haters or Jets/Finn fanboys

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
LOL what even is this reply. Relatively speaking about my commentary on their skillset as hockey players warrants a response about their contracts?? LOLLL what??? And how does 11.6 that expires in 2024 as a UFA compare to 6.75 that expires end of next season as a RFA

Do you have problems grasping simple concepts? There is a huge difference in how much they're making. Of course that matters.

"LOLOL LOL ZOMG AINEC!!!!!!"

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
OK honey, they haven't been in the same stratosphere the last two seasons, that's a definitive, stat-supported (basic, advanced, RAPM, etc.) fact. I think the only ones hanging onto any sort of comparison (and there's not many these days) are Leafs haters or Jets/Finn fanboys
Matthews and Laine are following a similar career path as Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin. They've had a back and forth competition of who's better for 10 years now. First Hall was better, then Seguin was better. Then Hall took the lead once again. But Seguin came back and dominated Hall for a few years. But Hall answered with a monster year and won the hart trophy because McDavid missed the playoffs. Then Last year Seguin was better once again. Nowadays Hall and Seguin are past their prime but they're still in a tight race of which one of them is the bigger douchebag. The only difference when it comes to Matthews and Laine is the fact that it will be Hall vs Seguin on steroids!

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Matthews and Laine are following a similar career path as Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin. They've had a back and forth competition of who's better for 10 years now. First Hall was better, then Seguin was better. Then Hall took the lead once again. But Seguin came back and dominated Hall for a few years. But Hall answered with a monster year and won the hart trophy because McDavid missed the playoffs. Then Last year Seguin was better once again. Nowadays Hall and Seguin are past their prime but they're still in a tight race of which one of them is the bigger *****ebag. The only difference when it comes to Matthews and Laine is the fact that it will be Hall vs Seguin on steroids!

Wait, what??

I’m a jets fan but Matthews is just better than Laine. At best Laine was maybe even 2 seasons ago but never ahead.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Wait, what??

I’m a jets fan but Matthews is just better than Laine. At best Laine was maybe even 2 seasons ago but never ahead.
Laine is a year younger and taller so he's behind Matthews in the development process. Plus Matthews has had the new coach bump this season as well with 27 goals in 35 games after he got his new coach. Laine has been scoreless in his last 2 games after he found out that you guys were extending Paul Maurice for another grueling 3 years. Fire Paul Maurice and you'll see Laine take off as a goal scorer!

Reactions: Mbraunm

Iwuwd

Oct 11, 2019
Matthews and Laine are following a similar career path as Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin. They've had a back and forth competition of who's better for 10 years now. First Hall was better, then Seguin was better. Then Hall took the lead once again. But Seguin came back and dominated Hall for a few years. But Hall answered with a monster year and won the hart trophy because McDavid missed the playoffs. Then Last year Seguin was better once again. Nowadays Hall and Seguin are past their prime but they're still in a tight race of which one of them is the bigger *****ebag. The only difference when it comes to Matthews and Laine is the fact that it will be Hall vs Seguin on steroids!

Hall to Dallas. Let them compete in the same city

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
every aspect eh?

look up most goals in nhl history for a 21 yr-old.

you will find laine easily, think he is 7th and still 21.

you will have to go down the list to find Matthews.

and being how hockey is a contact sport, I would rather have a laine who has found he likes to hit people.....

than Matthews who only cares about his stats
Bahahahhahahahahhahahahhaha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad