GDT: What happened to good GDT conversation??

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It isn't about being negative or complaining.

It is about only being negative and complaining.

For example, today one guy said the players on this team clearly don't care about the city because they were losing a hockey game.

Another guy literally can't wait to type "game over" the first time the Bruins trail in a game, whether it is one minute into the first period.

I used to be irked no hockey talk on the radio so today driving home I gave it 5 callers- almost. The first four did nothing but complain and spiel negative **** (and a couple way off) so I packed it I. And went to the Sawx. I could write things I did not like but I could come up with 5 things I liked just as easy

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It isn't about being negative or complaining.

It is about only being negative and complaining.

For example, today one guy said the players on this team clearly don't care about the city because they were losing a hockey game.

Another guy literally can't wait to type "game over" the first time the Bruins trail in a game, whether it is one minute into the first period.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty much sums it up for me.

The best read on these boards is after game 2 of the first round of the playoffs when Montreal went up 2-0. Most negative night in history of board. One very prominent poster that night said he was done forever and amazingly I don't think even with the shocking turnabout ever posted again

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I'm either old and jaded or not very observant, but I really haven't noticed a change for a long time now. Feels like the same old same old. The big difference is the losing streak. I think if the boys win 4 in a row, it will be back to praises and fun.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
After the past week, I don't really give too much of a flying **** about hockey, but I was pretty disturbed by the GDT thread today, and lately they have been garbage....

These threads used to be a place where the game was talked about technically as it was going on... Used to be great...Now you have a bunch of 100% negative all the time no matter what people who do nothing but biatch, then you have the lollipop and gumdrop crew who do nothing but whine about the whiners and shoot down every attempt it seems to talk about how to correct a negative...

It's just become impossible to talk about the game....it's just becomes a bickering between the masses...last time it got this bad years ago, many of us started an AOL IM thing to talk rationally about what was going on....Thing is, many of the posters who used to talk during the game, good talk, have left the GDT's all together.... That stinks...

Maybe we can as a group come up with a way to make the GDT's more tolerable?

winning will solve this conundrum.....but only if they win right.....not like that crap of a 2-0 win against Buffalo.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The best read on these boards is after game 2 of the first round of the playoffs when Montreal went up 2-0. Most negative night in history of board. One very prominent poster that night said he was done forever and amazingly I don't think even with the shocking turnabout ever posted again

Many of us have been through truly bad times with all our teams here. We go back what, almost 15 years?

But although we vented , we still had decent discussion without outlandish claims, statements, etc...

I don't get it. Maybe it's a new thing and I'm just a dinosaur.

This team deserves criticism for its performance of late. But it begins and ends there.

To equate it to recent events, to claim if someone cares or not, to state things like embarrassment or suggest entitlement because of what recently occurred is too far out there for me.

Maybe board talk has passed me by. I don't know.

But I will apologize on behalf of HF to the players and their families that read this site.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Lou, here is my two cents....

Some people point out that the Bruins arent playing well.....a slew of people have a hissy fit and say waaa waa waaa dont watch then.

Then there are a group that are negative and are full of nonsense...nothing to offer.

But the real issue is the group of people who cant stand the thought of the Bruins being criticized and worse yet...their favorite players.

Sad, but true.

Agreed.

It's just the overly negatives arguing with the overly positives. Any attempt to analyze the play good or bad is swallowed up by the "witty" remarks by both these groups.

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
I just avoid the GDTs altogether and wait for the game to end.

Some of my favorite posters here give their best input after the game has ended and they have the opportunity to really lay things out well....the Post-Game Talk threads have become my favorites to really read about the games....

du5566*

Haha, when the team does something positive I will point it out. Sitting Lucic and the play of "yeti" positive..... losing to a Pens team that was without Crosby, Malkin, and Neal = negative.

Unfortunately there have been far more negatives than positives lately, it is what it is. Not sure how calling out fans on their "commitment and knowledge" or reminiscing about the "good ole days" is going to help.

I have actually avoided GDT and the Bruins board for the majority of my time in HFBOARDS because of the condescending tone of some of the old timers here as well as the constant attacking of anyone who isn't positive about this team....... and the complaining about the refs.

Whiskey Sam

Puck Monkey
Oct 22, 2008
The Old Dominion
For the sake of balance, I'll give my pros and cons for today:

Pro: The city of Boston is safer tonight
Con: The B's losing streak has lasted longer than most of my relationships

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Thanks a lot. You want good GDT's then you make them.

I feared that was coming. I REALLY don't think it was intended to slight the actual construction and talent :naughty: you and others have displayed in setting them up.

I really don't.

I think he was more intending to address the back and forth sniping, and abject negativity, that sometimes takes place among the posters.

You're the bestest GDT generator!! :D

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Thanks a lot. You want good GDT's then you make them.

There talking about the posters in them not the actual construction. You guys do great.

Maybe a title change to the thread is needed? We don't want to lose our GDT makers.
I thought the same thing when I saw the thread title. Misleading title.

Last edited:

Greyhounds

Sep 30, 2005
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Why? First round matchup isles/leafs is a wash 2nd round playing the Pens is not ideal.

A wash? Isles are hottest team in the east right now. They have speed, timely scoring, decent defense, and winning something like 70% of their road games.

And if they drop, then it will be the Rangers, who are now rounding into form.

4th seems very enticing.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
I quite often look at other teams GDT's, to watch the lunatic fringe over-react to every single play. It's better than the comedy channel.

And the Bruins GDT's are no different.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
There talking about the posters in them not the actual construction. You guys do great.

Maybe a title change to the thread is needed? We don't want to lose our GDT makers.
I thought the same thing when I saw the thread title. Misleading title.

Yes. Can a mod please change it to say what happened to the good conversation / debate in the GDT threads. Thanks.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
After the past week, I don't really give too much of a flying **** about hockey, but I was pretty disturbed by the GDT thread today, and lately they have been garbage....

These threads used to be a place where the game was talked about technically as it was going on... Used to be great...Now you have a bunch of 100% negative all the time no matter what people who do nothing but biatch, then you have the lollipop and gumdrop crew who do nothing but whine about the whiners and shoot down every attempt it seems to talk about how to correct a negative...

It's just become impossible to talk about the game....it's just becomes a bickering between the masses...last time it got this bad years ago, many of us started an AOL IM thing to talk rationally about what was going on....Thing is, many of the posters who used to talk during the game, good talk, have left the GDT's all together.... That stinks...

Maybe we can as a group come up with a way to make the GDT's more tolerable?

I'll tell ya WBC, its pathetic. I'm not going to be able to sugar coat this one. Its utterly embarrassing, when you read through the GDT's lately you'd swear you were on a JR High school bus.

You have some that haven't said 2 words in the entire bruins forum all week, and then 2 minutes after a loss its "ahahahahahahahaha" and then that poster disappears until the next loss. Or its the people purposely post **** just to get mood of the GDT even lower than it already is. Its pointless to be involved with them.

I want debate. Its healthy. Lets have an argument. But how can you even interact with keyboard smashers that want to flame/bait.

Its like the drunk guy at the garden that just yells "chara you suck". What do you say to him?

Even if you have a well thought out response, you know what his is going to be?

"ya well HE SUCKS!"

so you don't even bother.

So why even bother. Its terrible, playoffs should be something we should all get excited about, even with the concerns we all have about the bruins we should still feel like being in a GDT to talk hockey and w/e. It feels like a waste of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad