Speculation: What do you think happens between now and including TDL for the Oilers?

What does Ken Holland do between now and including the TDL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Kevin Woodley was quite adamant that Dreidger would be exposed once teams started to watch film on him. Said he would really have to work on his game to make sure that he wouldn't be exposed.

Sure do I think at 27 Dreidger can fix himself, but not with our goalie coach.
The Guide and Record Book doesn't have video, so that won't stop Kenny.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
At Holland age will he even remember the trade line ? He may wake up and think he is still the Red Wings GM .

If he remembers we need a D upgrade he will probably trade a 5th for a borderline NHLer .

I hate Kevin Lowe cockiness but can we call him up to handle the trade dead line . He would get use a goalie and D . Picks be damn

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I suspect a lot of dithering.

Nope. Holland will "add" Malone and Archibald.

At the press conference, he will announce how he has added significant depth to the current roster. When asked about goaltending, he will say that there were no players available for reasonable prices, etc.

Oilers lose in the first round of the playoffs. Again.

Then Nicholson has a press conference and says that Benson will be traded/released. He will blame the Oilers first round defeat on Benson's lack of ability to score (he will also blame the water).

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Yeah I’d rather pay the price for someone legit, otherwise just go with Kosk and Skinner.

I’d give a first for Fleury no hesitation. Two firsts for someone legit with some term. Someone would bite and it’s worth it, goalie is way overdue. Like Bourgault looks good but how far away is he? We don’t have time and there’s already some decent prospects in the pipeline.
Two firsts and Ullmark is yours but I doubt he’d waive

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Math must not be your strong suit. That puts Mayfield as a solid top 4 defenceman. Top 4 defenceman dont grow on trees, let alone on bargin contracts.
Top 4 defenceman do grow on trees. We got lots of them. Adding one fringe player for future assets make no sense. I would accept dumping prospects and 1sts if Hedman or Ekblad is coming this way.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
It's been reported that Eriksson-Ek would have been the pick if it wasn't traded and Beauvillier was picked before the Oilers 2nd that year.

Speaking of Beauvillier he's having a terrible year in New York and I wonder if the Isles would consider trading him this off-season.
Ok. Barzal and EK then. Even better.

This sums up the problem with the team. Dumping picks and rushing to try and make the playoffs every year dug us a hole. Just stand pat and build from the farm. Screw this season. Unless we add a top pair and a goalie, there is no point trading. If we are in such a rush just trade f***ing McDavid for Hedman and Vasilevsky. Problem solved.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Yeah I’d rather pay the price for someone legit, otherwise just go with Kosk and Skinner.

I’d give a first for Fleury no hesitation. Two firsts for someone legit with some term. Someone would bite and it’s worth it, goalie is way overdue. Like Bourgault looks good but how far away is he? We don’t have time and there’s already some decent prospects in the pipeline.
Yup. Dump another top prospect just to try and go an extra round. Oilers gonna oil. Fans have yet to learn to be patient.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Yup. Dump another top prospect just to try and go an extra round. Oilers gonna oil. Fans have yet to learn to be patient.

It has been over 10 years lol Oilers fans don’t want to and shouldn’t have to be patient.

I would give up the first without hesitation for Fleury if it means we have solid goaltending and a chance to go further in the playoffs for a few more years

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
It has been over 10 years lol Oilers fans don’t want to and shouldn’t have to be patient.

I would give up the first without hesitation for Fleury if it means we have solid goaltending and a chance to go further in the playoffs for a few more years
It was more than 10 yrs since 1990 when it was year 2000. I am sick and tired of dumping picks for a prayer and end up with the same crap result. Grabbing another top 4D is a waste of time. If we are dumping, then dump big. McDavid, 1st, Yamamoto and koskinen for Ekblad, barkov and barborovsky. Screw those little dingy trades that don't even move the needle.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Freaking A. Bring back Archie! Man just what the bottom six ordered right now

A player who is as bad as Devon Shore and the team gets outshot and outscored at a 2-1 pace when he’s on the ice? Smith in net and Archibald in net=bad things happening

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Who cares about what happens at trade deadline when the guy in charge probably can't even pick up a phone without drooling all over himself. Any trade we make will be a losing trade that does nothing but add more washed up "greybeards".

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nothing at this point. They should maybe do Evander Kane a solid since he has put in an honest effort here and move him to LA or some other playoff destination that's convenient for him for whatever bag of peanuts they can get in return.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
south-park.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad