Speculation: What do you think happens between now and including TDL for the Oilers?

What does Ken Holland do between now and including the TDL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
We have 28 days left till TDL. In your opinion, what do you think Ken Holland will do as the subject implies?

Holland's trade history provided with the link:
Ken Holland Trade History - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Last year Holland's only move was Kulikov for a conditional 4th round pick.

He was more active the year before with the most notable trade for AA + Ryan Kuffner for Sam Gagner + 2 2nd round pick.

Tyler Ennis for a 5th round pick.

He made 2 moves that didn't move the needle acquiring Mike Green for Kyle Brodziak + a conditional 4th round pick. And in a separate trade, Joel Persson for Angus Redmond + conditional 7th round pick.

Or he does nothing because:

661b57.jpg

Last edited:

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
My guess is a depth dman and a goalie who’s no better than what we have.

Excuse will be too tight to the cap to do anything impactful, and something about how hard it is to trade in the modern NHL.

Fans will then calculate the amount of space we have in the summer and mentally fill the gaps with the best possible players that we get for cheap, and optimistically look forward to next year being the year.. again.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I could see us getting either Nick Leddy or Ben Chariot at the deadline. Even though we should absolutely be searching for a good starter, Holland probably won't get one. Prices for anyone good to great is going to be very expensive, especially now that the rest of the leauge knows they can rip off the Oilers thanks to the Keith trade.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If we are trading for a lesser goalie like Jones or Korpisalo that's better than nothing. They might look better in a different situation.

We may not have many other options. What is the realistic list? I like Varlamov but maybe the Isles want him around next year. Maybe MAF never waives the NTC for here. Gibson is definitely not being traded. Same with Demko. Teams like these want to load up for playoffs next year.

So the real money might be finding a diamond in the rough. It's got to be someone though

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Maybe Holland brings in another vet goalie like Craig Anderson from Buffalo... the one guy that's even older than Smith... what's better than 1 old ex-goalie GM relying on 1 old broken down vet goalie on the roster... why 2 old vet goalies on the roster of course.

Greiss from Detroit is another possibility... maybe not quite old enough at the age of 36 to interest Holland though.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
We SHOULD get a starting G and realistically we should get shutdown D and G, but we'll get a vet center. (Not an actually useful vet mind you. Someone else will get those for a 7th rounder in 2029)

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Other - bolsters bottom line, gets a depth defenceman. There will be no large trade, we got Evander Kane, that is our major move before the TDL.

Scevior, Turris, Perlini and possibly Shore or Benson all relegated to the minors. We ride Smith and Koskinen to our fate.

Once the season is over for the Condors, Skinner comes in and plays at least 1 game if we make the playoffs.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
I don’t know Holland was like the last person on earth to finally clue in we needed a coaching change. I expect it will be the same with goaltending. Just so out of touch with reality.
If the best goalie is playing in Bakersfield right now he's definitely out of touch with reality. I don't expect much from him solution wise, honestly.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Nurse - Bouchard
Soucy - Ceci
Keith - Barrie

thats a pretty decent D group my friends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad