OT: What do you think about this new board design?

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The colour of the quote and the response are the same making it hard to read posts. It's difficult to differentiate between the two and you can't easily tell where the post begins. Also I have to use this dark thing to be able to see. Needs some tweaking I think.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Why? Had no problems before other than slow during peak times, change for the sake of change is just stupid, don't quit your day jobs.

Brownies

Kind of same feeling as the last transition. Similar yet a bit less functional at first sight. Give me a week and I won't even remember it wasn't always like that and won't care. They've already changed the colors of the tags no ? Anyway it already feels OK this morning.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
This was HF at its peak imo. I miss seeing that blue box every morning.

View attachment 514384

P.S. One thing I will give the new design is that it's super convenient to be able to cut and paste images from your clipboard instead of having to host them elsewhere first. Or maybe you've always been able to do that and I'm just stupid.
Talk about a blast from the past! Its like seeing a picture of an old friend.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Why? Had no problems before other than slow during peak times, change for the sake of change is just stupid, don't quit your day jobs.
It's not "change for the sake of change". HF operates on Xenforo, and prior to the update, they operated on a version of the framework that wasn't maintained nor updated anymore. Operating on an abandoned framework is never a good thing to do.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The mobile experience is poor, IMO. (at least on my android/chrome combo)
What don't you like about it? I did hate it at first because of the notification bar missing. But it's seemingly been added so now I can look at some of the positives... like being much quicker and more snappy.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Small gripe but its bothersome that the large font is nice on desktop and unbearable on mobile wish we can tune the settings for both individually ( asking for alot i know but i liked it perfectly before)

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I like the notification bell moving back where it was before.

Dark mode just got better by subbing the red for blue.

Reactions: A55P2

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Well, I’m no longer being bombarded by ads from every angle on mobile, and the thread no longer refreshes at random intervals while I’m trying to write a comment. So that’s a plus.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
The colors all blend together. The blue on gray at the bottom to switch page is nearly invisible in dark mode.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Talk about a blast from the past! Its like seeing a picture of an old friend.
I kept a page from back then, I look at it when I'm depressed. :laugh:

A few tweaks here wouldn't hurt. Like, why call it dark mode, it's more like grey mode. Tone it down closer to charcoal, like in Windows explorer dark mode. It would make the red stand out more. And slightly grey out the old text in replies. Same with the thread headers on the main page, would make it easier to tell read from un-read. The bold and regular fonts are very similar.

Otherwise, it runs well, and we'll see if the Live function behaves tonight.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
They fixed the issue about HFboard logo which was annoying
Also removed you had to click on conference to see which team to click.
They really need to change that like/quote system like it was before. It's confusing and badly updated when you ahve one.
Live GDT are annoying like @OldCraig71 said , Sometime you read and it auto scroll down.
The dark mode should be black and not grey.

Reactions: peate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad