OT: What do you think about this new board design?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Editing posts on mobile only works about 25% of the time. Never had an issue on the old one.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Overall, the concept is good. It is buggy at times, as I return errors when I have to sign in. Also, I don't like the logo that shows up in my tabs of my browser. Looks like level adjusters for an EQ on a stereo.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Small gripe but its bothersome that the large font is nice on desktop and unbearable on mobile wish we can tune the settings for both individually ( asking for alot i know but i liked it perfectly before)
On desktop you can override the site settings, so you can use the settings you like on mobile then override it on desktop.

You just need to install the Stylus extension: (Firefox: Stylus – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US) ) (Chrome/Edge/Vivaldi: Stylus )

Then click on the Stylus icon --> Manage --> Write new style --> copy/paste one of the code below --> overwrite style ---> name/save... and voilà.

Mimic large font setting:

Code:
@-moz-document domain("hfboards.mandatory.com") {

html#XF {

font-size: 71.42% !important;

}

}

Large font size but only for posts content, medium font size for everything else:

Code:
@-moz-document domain("hfboards.mandatory.com") {

html#XF {

font-size: 62.5% !important;

}

.message-main {

font-size: 1.6rem !important;

}

}

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Dont like dark mode or light and having an old man lost in the lingerie dept feeling trying tonavigate...also hate the push for notifications. I dont use them for any platform.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Absolutely horrendous, at least on mobile.

Simplicity of looks in exchange for usability isn't a good thing in web design

Why can't I navigate directly to any page? Whether it's the last page of a thread, or one board to another? That's the most basic of function for a message board

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
any chance you can make the old skin available? this one is really hard to navigate etc on all devices.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Not a fan. Mobile version doesn’t allow me to go to last page or to log In. Desktop version forces me to log in every time I close and reopen in a new tab. Only works well on my iPad.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Main issue I had with previous version was the refresh on mobile that erased entire posts. So that is solved. Everything else seems ok to me. I've never liked change on a message board even when it improves things. Change is hard.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Is it my imagination or did the background get darker? Now make the reply from area different from the new message section. Maybe grey out the text or lighten the background. Maybe a thicker border line. Getting rid of the red text was a good idea also. Starting to look pretty good imo.

Hint: When refreshing a page, it will refresh to where the cursor was last active. If you use the scroll wheel to go from the first post to let's say the 12th, and hit refresh without making the 12th post the last clicked, it will refresh to the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad