OT: What do you think about this new board design?

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
It looks real good now that the update has been completed.

Just the post reply button, I always go to press attach files by accident lol.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
If it stops the auto refresh and deletion of posts prior to saving then I will call it a win. I don’t like the layout much, but having your posts deleted mid write up was more annoying than anything else imo. I can handle the rest. Dark mode is a bonus.

I also like the “currently online” indicator that seemed to be lacking in the previous version. Overall it feels like an upgrade to me. At least, so far.

The auto refresh was the biggest problem I had with the site, if that got fixed it’s a major upgrade for me. It was frustrating taking time to write a post only to have it deleted right before you are about to post it.

Reactions: McGees

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This is absolute garbage! Technical issues aside (and I'm sure they'll be fixed in time) this just looks awful. The avatars are way too small, and why can't we see post counts, date registered, location, signatures etc. anymore? Why do we need a drop-down menu for those? What was wrong with just having them there? I can't tell if it looks worse on desktop or mobile.

I hate how every website/platform has to do this minimalist shit these days. They think it's trendy and cutting edge but it just looks bland and stock.

The days of old-school internet forums/message boards are truly dying out. It's a shame.
I can see post counts and likes received on mobile, as well as date registered.

Dark theme isn't terrible on mobile but there's a few spots where the colours are hard to read - including the next page button.

We lost bullet points too as far as I can see.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
On PC with Chrome If you want to expand borders/zoom in press "ctrl" + "+". This will also increase font size.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
This was HF at its peak imo. I miss seeing that blue box every morning.

View attachment 514384

P.S. One thing I will give the new design is that it's super convenient to be able to cut and paste images from your clipboard instead of having to host them elsewhere first. Or maybe you've always been able to do that and I'm just stupid.
I'd go back to that any day

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Unless I’m missing something, the one thing that annoys me is that I can’t jump straight to the last page of a thread from the main board? At least on mobile. I don’t want to click next 17 times to be up to date on a GDT thread…

Otherwise, I like it. The previous mobile version was absolutely broken with the invasive adds that automatically resized the board when they popped up, which caused countless amounts of missclicks… Or the automatic refresh while typing a post which erased the entire message…

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Unless I’m missing something, the one thing that annoys me is that I can’t jump straight to the last page of a thread from the main board? At least on mobile. I don’t want to click next 17 times to be up to date on a GDT thread…

Otherwise, I like it. The previous mobile version was absolutely broken with the invasive adds that automatically resized the board when they popped up, which caused countless amounts of missclicks… Or the automatic refresh while typing a post which erased the entire message…
I find that only on dark screen on my phonee

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I pray that auto refresh is gone for good. I remember it started doing that about a year and it made the website unusable. At least on mobile. I don’t know how much time or how many posts I lost screaming swear words to that crap.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012

I find that annoying too, that we have to scroll all the way down to change to pages and have to type out the last page number to get to it fast. Hopefully that changes.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I find that annoying too, that we have to scroll all the way down to change to pages and have to type out the last page number to get to it fast. Hopefully that changes.
Just realized that this is only on my phone, its better on the desktop version

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
It loads better but the whole feel seems even "older" in style than the previous design. As long as the ads are less intrusive on my phone I don't mind.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Finally able to login! Love darkmode as many have said, like the modern feel as well. However I'm really not enjoying that a threads pages are no longer displayed. Any setting to get those back on mobile?

I rarely don't stay up to date but when I'm MIA for a few days I like to just jump to the page before last.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad