OT: What do you make of this new look board?

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
How do you show ignored threads in the new format. Trying to get to the post game but have coach corner on ignore

EDIT: I’ve even signed out to see the thread but it didn’t show. Not sure what is going on. (Cookies maybe)

EDIT 2: Only way to get it to show I’ve found is unblocking the OP. If you do this you cna see the thread. If you ignore OP from within the thread they made, as soon as you naviagte to the next page, the error message returns.

This is a big fail the designers will have to fix. (Unless there is a show ignored content and I just can’t find it)

Last edited:

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Definitely getting used to it. There’s more pros than cons with the new update, so can’t complain. No ads or page reloading constantly is really nice.

Clyde Brewer

Oct 15, 2021
I don't like the light blue on grey indicating page number between the "Prev" and "Next" buttons, it's difficult to read on low brightness.

Also, why no Prev and Next buttons at the top of the screen too?

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
My only complaint right now is in dark mode I can't see what page number I'm on at the bottom Of the page. The font colour is a dark blue on the black colour and it's a pain to see.

EDIT: I should add, it's a mobile only issue as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: vpasla1

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
I don't like it at all. It looks like something that needed upgrading to the old look. That old look made it look like it had its own style. This new one looks terrible and is very glitchy. It has a "reddit" look to it. ew

Reactions: saffronleaf

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
B1DF6AD1-E2DA-4D94-9C72-2253D95E0E17.png

Profile banner ?

Weird name.

How about profile avatar ? profile image ?

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
View attachment 515387

The down error takes you to the very bottom of the page. This would be the intention of the clicker 0.1% of the time.

Instead can it take you to the reply box / bottom of the thread ?
Since there are is page navigation at the top of the thread, the down arrow would help people get there. As well as to the reply box.

The problem remains, the down arrow goes to the bottom of the page, and you have to manually scroll up to something useful.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
On my list.

Might return, kinda low priority.

Mobile will take some work, I'm not the most qualified to do it but It will probably end up being me doing it lol. (I f***ing hate phones)
I'm almost exclusively here on my phone, and I think it's better. Certainly much better for typing (I used to have to type my comments in notepad and cut and paste).

One thing I preferred in the old format was the variety of pages you could jump to, rather than just first, prev, next, last.

Edit: never mind. Found you can select a page by clicking on the "2 of 7" area. But I'd like the navigate area to be available at the top as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: GardinerTheForward

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Suggestion:

HFBoards obviously already has an addon that allows individual subforums to have custom PREFIXES.

My suggestion:
Prefixed threads have custom avatars.

ie. a thread (usually stickied) about the Blue Jays (ie. the Blue Jays thread prefix is used) ... will have the Blue Jays logo as the Avatar (just leave the poster the same).

HFBOards.thread.prefixes.use.custom.team.avatars.png

Reactions: Havoc

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
I still like my old idea of replacing links with icons.

hfboards.idea.jpg

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
1647556982674.png

Next time you make a notification like this ...
add either of these URLS to make the process easier.

Code:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/misc/style
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/account/preferences

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Suggestion:

HFBoards obviously already has an addon that allows individual subforums to have custom PREFIXES.

My suggestion:
Prefixed threads have custom avatars.

ie. a thread (usually stickied) about the Blue Jays (ie. the Blue Jays thread prefix is used) ... will have the Blue Jays logo as the Avatar (just leave the poster the same).

View attachment 517078
This is actually a nice idea. +1

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I already hated HFBoards, and this doesn't really change much. Why the f*** is it that if you're not logged in, the page is cached for an hour or so?

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
It's fine, just need to put back the page counters for navigation on the topic lists, as well as page numbers at the top of each thread not just at the bottom. And get rid of the ads my goodness what a pain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad