OT: What do you make of this new look board?

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
The ignore is in a horrible place and easily hit on my phone while I’m scrolling down. I’ve accidentally ignored things and didn’t even know about until I did it with the trade thread and went looking. While trying to get the trade thread back I somehow managed to ignore the whole board. All fixed now but it took me hours to figure it out, I’m not good with phone/computer technology

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The ignore is in a horrible place and easily hit on my phone while I’m scrolling down. I’ve accidentally ignored things and didn’t even know about until I did it with the trade thread
Catering to the ignore crowd is lame anyway.

The ignore button should be on the thread, not on the forum listing

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The ignore is in a horrible place and easily hit on my phone while I’m scrolling down. I’ve accidentally ignored things and didn’t even know about until I did it with the trade thread and went looking. While trying to get the trade thread back I somehow managed to ignore the whole board. All fixed now but it took me hours to figure it out, I’m not good with phone/computer technology

This should be fixed now let me know if it's not working right!

How it's supposed to work: On mobile narrow view (IE a phone) the ignore button is not visible.
It is still visible on desktop and in wide mode (phone rotated)

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
This should be fixed now let me know if it's not working right!

How it's supposed to work: On mobile narrow view (IE a phone) the ignore button is not visible.
It is still visible on desktop and in wide mode (phone rotated)
Yep the ignore button is gone from the phone unless I turn it sideways. Thank you for helping out, everything else works really well now that I’m used to it.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Issue just started.

When you reload a page, everything is fine.

then the ads popin and the spacing is off

View attachment 517687
426D4E65-6A8A-4D0D-92EB-624048AB2DA5.png

@SniperHF

the spacing issue is back now that the ads are back.

the bottom ad pops in and things are fine, then the top ad pops in and creates the space.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah the ad that pops down from the top of the page is still breaking the site on mobile. It screws up everything and makes most things unclickable.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
This new thing showing the sidebar in all sub-forums and threads has got to go. Don't care who is logged in, seeing the latest posts or upcoming events.

Reactions: ACC1224

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yeah the ad that pops down from the top of the page is still breaking the site on mobile. It screws up everything and makes most things unclickable.

The ad code dudes are working on stuff the last few days I don't want to screw with it until they are done or we'll just trip on each other.

Reactions: zeke

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Big thank you for fixing avatar sizes. My sole complaint remaining would be bringing back the light blue background. White on white is kind of harsh

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Can anybody please explain to me what the "gift" button is all about? Why am I somehow expected to give money to people just because I like their post???

Last edited:

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
The Ad container should remain a fixed height even when initially empty so it doesn’t jitter the page after the ad loads. Even if it’s empty just keep an hf banner in there so the page never jitters.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Anyone else using brave browser finding they’re now getting prompted to disable ad block and aren’t allowed to carry on until doing so? This site is broken when ads are present

BackPassChampions

Jun 26, 2015
Mobile is a horrible experience.

The constant random refreshing, page moving up and down as I’m scrolling, the ads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad