OT: What do you make of this new look board?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It's horrible

Attachments

• abe.gif
    abe.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Doesn’t work with brave browser - buttons for login don’t work.

Apart from that, it’s gross. But if it prevents those stupid ads from popping up then yeah maybe it’s ok.

Reactions: aingefan and zeke

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I've been waiting 13 years for this site to have dark mode. Now I won't blind myself before bed anymore. Also last site migration took a few weeks for the admins to work out the kinks, so things will probably gradually improve over the next bit. I will say it was a bold move to switch over 9 days before the busiest day of the year. lmao

Reactions: OddyOh

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
The upside is that the site seems to load faster. The downsides is that the UI is bad. Light is so bright and dark is too dark for me. Also I liked the old design as it looked more interesting and unique. Now it looks too plain and clean and even wanting to see someone's post count requires another click. I wish there was another choice than just light and dark for UI.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Doesn’t work with brave browser - buttons for login don’t work.

Apart from that, it’s gross. But if it prevents those stupid ads from popping up then yeah maybe it’s ok.
I can’t get it to work with safari on IOS either but it works on chrome browser.

Edit: I deleted my cookies and now I can sign in on safari.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I am assuming they made everything a lot smaller so the site breaking ads can be that much more site breaking and annoying. Sure is a lot of dead space.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I do like new dark mode. Site doesn’t kill my phone battery anymore with all the white.

Are we ever gonna get a true app though? Still feels clunky on mobile.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
It reminds me of the new Tim Hortons menu screens that don't adjust for brightness and blind you at night

Reactions: TML1990

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Well, hate to disagree with most here, but I think its pretty good. More visually pleasing. My assistant spoils me, takes care of all my computer needs, I just use the computer mostly to rail on about my fookin Leafs lol.

I don't know much about what most of you are talking about half the time with computer related interests and passions. Me just here for the hockey.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Is this going to be your signature gif when something bad happens? Lol

As for the update, it's different but I don't mind it too much. Perhaps the Avatars cold be bigger. I feel like I recognize most users here through their avatar and it's hard to make them out with them being so small.

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad