HF Habs: What can we do as fans?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So am having supper with my better half and the restaurant owner comes up to me and strikes up a conversation about the Habs. :laugh:

The Spaniard

Nov 3, 2010
Madrid
Just to be clear, no saying without a no1 this is a good team, .450 puts them among the worsts ones.

Just saying that, even for a bad team, such a slump is unsustainable on long term.

But hey, everything is possible.

But is it likely? No.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
It's only "picking a fight" if people think their behaviour is above reproach. It's only picking a fight if the alarmists think it's their god-given right to pollute thread after thread with their dire predictions and endless insults towards coaches, players and management ad nauseum and nobody can object to, or, at the very least, call them on it.

This is a public forum filled with a lot of different opinions. People are going to agree, they are going to disagree and they are going to find some ridiculous. I don't think it has to be a "fight" if people don't agree or people think something is silly, clearly you feel differently, but to each their own.

...I didn't say we can't disagree or find other's posts "ridiculous"; of course we all can...the only thing I was pointing out was that personal insults directed at the person & not the post aren't doing anyone any good here...it's the disparaging personal comments & insults that are just picking fights and can be easily omitted from posts...that's all...there's a difference between saying "that's a ridiculous idea/post" and "You're a ****ing idiot" or "Stop posting, you crybaby"...it doesn't need to be disparagingly personal...

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
You seriously felt "insulted" about that press conference?

Yeesh...

Right?

These Hab fans make me laugh, when things are going well they flood the main boards to make sure everyone knows how well things are going, and when **** goes south there all ready to slit there wrists. :laugh:

If you feel yourself becoming personally insulted by the on ice product, maybe find a new hobby.

Kraniumm

Hanshan
Jan 1, 2015
BC
Right?

These Hab fans make me laugh, when things are going well they flood the main boards to make sure everyone knows how well things are going, and when **** goes south there all ready to slit there wrists. :laugh:
Because they are all exactly the same people, every last one of them. Got it.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
If it wasn't for HF Boards I probably would still like Pacioretty and Subban.

When I joined three years ago man was I ever passionate, I got infracted all the time. I breathed habs, that's why I joined the holy grail of Canadiens discussion. Alas it has tainted me, I wonder if I stop now, in three years, will the damage be undone will I be uber passionate again.

maybe it's time for me, and a few more on these boards, to drop the mic.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
Leafs fan living in Montreal here. You've gotta take a card from the leafs fans playbook. Paper bags, and most of all, you have to have an entire home audience chanting to fire therrien. It worked for us, Carlyle's last game had many "fire Carlyle" chants.

The problem is that many of you habs fans don't admit openly that your team is stinking. You're too proud. Learn to wallow in your own crapulence like us leaf fans.

yRessUneChose

yRessUneBarbe
Jun 7, 2015
Any more traction here to do -something- as a fan base?

petition?

flood Habs brass with emails?

call 98.5 and tell them they are the easiest media in the entire NHL; because Therrien is <<french>> and was part of their media brass?

Do the same with RDS?

Tell them they are not analysts, but impartial ex-Habs hockey players/coaches who would rather see 23 DDs instead of winning the cup?

The media of Habs(french side) is full of comfy jobs which require no thoughts or even to have an idea on what to say, or to critic the Habs, regardless wins or loses. The mass of Habs fans gobs that, because they have <<CREDIBILITY>>(LOOK THEY ARE EX-COACHES/PLAYERS!)
(RDS/TVA SPANRE)

If the media puts no pressure, or does not show what the TRUE fans really want, or even criticize Bergevin/Therrien and co; well, they have no pressure what so ever, which leads to them being complacent(LOOK PRICE WAS INJURED THATS WHY WE SUCKED! -the mass of Habs fans gobs that and move on,)

The last time the french media brass was even on someones case here, it was Gauthier and the entire Cunneyworth saga(yeh, that manifestation of 100 less people sure was important !!) and changes were made!

Before that, it was the entire <<Darkest Habs day in history>> or Kovalev vs Carbonneau,,, or Theodore being injured, or Ribeiro+Dagenais partying it up..

all drama, all filler, no content. That is the main french media brass..

I remember once a NJ Devils MOD posted a letter to Bill Daily about the entire Kovalchuck contract saga(about Devils losing a pick) lol

regardless, the french media side RDS/TVA Spanre most of them are stupid. I wish they could look one second at themselves;

Whats easier, telling that Price is injured=Habs suck, or to go on a full analysis from top to bottom for the Habs management, coaching staff, AHL, scouting, and search what is really wrong with stats, thoughts, opinions,arguments?

Most of them being ex-hockey players, are not the most brilliant guys to do that. It is easier to blame on such simple things(LIKE BLAME PK SUBBAN FOR LOSING THE GAME,!!!)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just forget this season ever happened and hope Price comes back healthy next year.

That doesn't do anything to address the country club, nepotism, favortism, having the worst coaching staff in the NHL/AHL..

It doesn't address the fact this organization clearly puts more stock/care into appeasing one subsection of a gargantuan fan base.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If it wasn't for HF Boards I probably would still like Pacioretty and Subban.

When I joined three years ago man was I ever passionate, I got infracted all the time. I breathed habs, that's why I joined the holy grail of Canadiens discussion. Alas it has tainted me, I wonder if I stop now, in three years, will the damage be undone will I be uber passionate again.

maybe it's time for me, and a few more on these boards, to drop the mic.

Don't need to quit, just need to realize that those on here are a small percentage of the overall Habs fan base and that the opinions posted, discussed, argued, settled, re-posted, re-discussed, re-argued, re-settled, re-re-posted, etc.... to infinity are just the opinions of a small demographic of Habs fans, and in many ways a disgruntled demographic.
Take these posts for what they are. In most cases, just the rants and anger release of fans feeling powerless and misused.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Any more traction here to do -something- as a fan base?

The org is probably seeing a big dip in overall merchandise sales, but I'd guess the brunt of the financial hit is being shouldered by people not even connected to the team. Scalpers and sports bars -- these guys are hurting.

As to what we can do to take it out on the team itself, the answer is not much. I doubt ticket sales suffer next season, especially since there's a waiting list to buy season tickets. I don't think a rotten chunk of one season is enough for fans to change their minds about the team or alter their behaviour. Too much recent success. Too much potential. This crap would have to continue into next season before fan disillusionment sinks in.

DaHabMan

Sep 23, 2008
Lasalle
its hard to do a grass root movement when a lot of the fans going to games are kids and that the french still like bergy and coach t. a lot of my friends are french and are utterly oblivious to how crappy management and coaching is. many fbook spats i have had about that

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Just print up FIRE THERRIEN T-Shirts, give them away to those interested, and all wear them to the same game.
Get enough people wearing them, all together and it can't be ignored.
Instant media attention through TV coverage.
Instant notification to Bergevin, who will be there.
Instant notification to Molson, who will most likely be there.
Instant notification to Therrien, who will be there.

Plus, we get to see Bergevin, Molson, Therrien and the Players reaction on TV

as a bonus, if Therrien is returning next season, get a crowd fund going to buy the advertising space on one of the boards around the ice and put, FIRE THERRIEN, on it. Can't hide that from the tv camera's

Mad Brills*

Just print up FIRE THERRIEN T-Shirts, give them away to those interested, and all wear them to the same game.
Get enough people wearing them, all together and it can't be ignored.
Instant media attention through TV coverage.
Instant notification to Bergevin, who will be there.
Instant notification to Molson, who will most likely be there.
Instant notification to Therrien, who will be there.

Plus, we get to see Bergevin, Molson, Therrien and the Players reaction on TV

as a bonus, if Therrien is returning next season, get a crowd fund going to buy the advertising space on one of the boards around the ice and put, FIRE THERRIEN, on it. Can't hide that from the tv camera's

even for a period, it would work.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line. But it better work this time.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
its hard to do a grass root movement when a lot of the fans going to games are kids and that the french still like bergy and coach t. a lot of my friends are french and are utterly oblivious to how crappy management and coaching is. many fbook spats i have had about that

Y'know, people aren't oblivious just because they're less angry. I've learned from first-hand experience that you can't tell people how to be fans. Hockey is entertainment, plain and simple, and carries no obligation to be treated with such gravitas. On this board we choose go full-geek, and dig deeply into the analytics of our game because we enjoy it, but make no mistake: We are the Dungeons & Dragons nerds of the sports world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad