HF Habs: What can we do as fans?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
After yet another press conference where our pompous GM insulted our intelligence as fans, we have to do whatever we can in our power to make a change.

Yes, what we can do is limited. It might not change anything. I understand there are people who still support Bergevin and Therrien, I don't get it, back that's your prerogative. For me, watching a GM not address the biggest issues of the team for 4 seasons is ludicrous.

For me, watching a GM go up to the podium time after time and insult us with things like "transition year", "good/bad person", and tell us how difficult it is to his job. He literally took a public forum to say he can't do his job, won't do his job, will accept blame for everything wrong with this team but won't make a move to rectify it.

So, what can we do as fans? Add on and feel free to participate.
- Stop following the Montreal Canadiens social media accounts (twitter, facebook, snapchat).
- Stop buying Molson products (people do?)
- Use whatever internet forum we have to continue to flood with comments, articles, that shows the ineptitude of the coaching staff at the NHL/AHL levels along with our GM.
- Stop buying tickets to games.
- Stop showing up to games.
- Stop watching the games.

I will be doing all of the above. I welcome other suggestions and hope that this stays open to discuss, to participate, because I don't know about you, but I want to see this team win a Stanley Cup and if we waste a core of Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Subban, Gallagher and Price, it's going to be a long road to ever getting back to this.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
We can understand that:

1. There have been key injuries;
2. They don't want to rush kids;
3. The team has mostly played well during the spiral;
4. We should not clean the cupboard in a lopsided trade;
5. Players are hard to acquire today, look at the trades and UFA market - that's why Pleks was extended;
6. We need to be patient - our core still has many years to go.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
We can understand that:

5. Players are hard to acquire today, look at the trades and UFA market - that's why Pleks was extended;

We need more of this.

void

Jan 5, 2006
The fans absolutely HAVE to speak up. Enough is enough.

Bobs your uncle

Sep 18, 2003
Canada
Good grief.
Montreal is the last Canadian team to win a championship, albeit 25 years ago.
What about teams such as Buffalo, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, NYI, Minnesota .....
These teams have been in or near the basement forever.
The Hab's and by extension, their fans are not done by as some here are acting like.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We can understand that:

1. We have had one. That can't be the reason for being the worst team in the league. Don't care how good Price is.
2. They aren't developing the kids well enough to rush them if they wanted to.
3. No, it hasn't played well since the lock out shortened season. We were beyond brutal last year. Look at the articles posted about firing Therrien LAST YEAR.
4. We have nothing in the cupboards of value anyway.
5. Ok, so why have a GM?
6. No, it doesn't. Price can easily leave.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Recognize that Bergevin is in over his head. Sympathize with him and wish him the best. Salute every small accomplishment.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Absolutely nothing... Sit back have a cold one wait for Price and **** lol. Habs will make a furious come back after Price s return!! Payback will be served cold!!! To all the teams that beat my beloved habs!! Cold dish is coming your way!!

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
Good grief.
Montreal is the last Canadian team to win a championship, albeit 25 years ago.
What about teams such as Buffalo, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, NYI, Minnesota .....
These teams have been in or near the basement forever.
The Hab's and by extension, their fans are not done by as some here are acting like.

So because we're not as bad as the worst we shouldn't complain? :laugh: Thats like saying your health care isn't as bad as Sudan, so no reason to complain :laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
After yet another press conference where our pompous GM insulted our intelligence as fans, we have to do whatever we can in our power to make a change.

Yes, what we can do is limited. It might not change anything. I understand there are people who still support Bergevin and Therrien, I don't get it, back that's your prerogative. For me, watching a GM not address the biggest issues of the team for 4 seasons is ludicrous.

For me, watching a GM go up to the podium time after time and insult us with things like "transition year", "good/bad person", and tell us how difficult it is to his job. He literally took a public forum to say he can't do his job, won't do his job, will accept blame for everything wrong with this team but won't make a move to rectify it.

So, what can we do as fans? Add on and feel free to participate.
- Stop following the Montreal Canadiens social media accounts (twitter, facebook, snapchat).
- Stop buying Molson products (people do?)
- Use whatever internet forum we have to continue to flood with comments, articles, that shows the ineptitude of the coaching staff at the NHL/AHL levels along with our GM.
- Stop buying tickets to games.
- Stop showing up to games.
- Stop watching the games.

I will be doing all of the above. I welcome other suggestions and hope that this stays open to discuss, to participate, because I don't know about you, but I want to see this team win a Stanley Cup and if we waste a core of Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Subban, Gallagher and Price, it's going to be a long road to ever getting back to this.

As I said elsewhere, I missed the press conference and only read the notes. What did he actually say that insulted the fans' intelligence?

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
i think there is a lot more going on here then meets the eye in regards to CP injury situation, no tear or strain takes this long to heal,

i think CP has had surgery already and they know he is done for the year,

either that or there is something else going on behind the scenes that we do not know about,

it does not take this long to naturally heal from any injury without surgery, no way, no how,

you all can bury your heads in the sand all you want and believe everything you are told but i will not, i think for myself,

maybe CP is refusing to play for some reason or has demanded a trade?

i just dont buy this crap about taking this long to heal.....no way possible

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Reality? Probably nothing. Sorry to break it to you.

Create all the petitions you want it's not going to change anything. The team will have to come to the realization on it's own that they've got problems and work to fix them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We can understand that:

We don't need to rehash these arguments here. We have plenty of threads for that. This thread asks what we can do, not how can we further explain what has gone wrong.

I'm sure someone will be glad to respond to all of your points.

What can we do? No excuses in this thread.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You seriously felt "insulted" about that press conference?

Yeesh...

When someone talks to you like you are an idiot, yes, I feel insulted.

It's insulting to me that a guy can get up there and basically admit he can't do his job, won't do is job, and is satisfied with that.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Not a single ticket bought since 2006.
2 full games watched this season (5 partial).

I'm doing my part. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad