HF Habs: What can we do as fans?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
"Fire Therrien" chants wouldn't go unnoticed as others said, people won't throw the tickets they paid big money for in the garbage tho and it's understandable.

I like the billboard idea, how much would it cost?

Reminds of what Oiler fans did in 2014, when they bought newspaper ads and placed the following billboard message:

images

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Yup the Fire Therrien chants would definitely wake up Molson

If I was going tonight I'd do it.

A fire Therrien chant for a few minutes followed by a PK PK PK PK chant

I'm going to the game next Saturday against the Leafs, I will definitely start one

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Take our clothes off and run around naked screaming and crying "WHERE IS MAX".

It's about as useful as anything else suggested.

NoComments

Feb 27, 2015
People telling others that have PURCHASED their tickets not to show up to a game is just a pipe-dream. I won't blow 400$ on a protest, although that game will obviously not be worth it.

but what I can do, is not buy anything at the concession. Make it a one game boycott if you want. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING DURING THE GAME. Surely you can watch the game without eating that one time.

If the profits for the stand dipped 50% for one game, and then another, they'll start noticing.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Yup the Fire Therrien chants would definitely wake up Molson

If I was going tonight I'd do it.

A fire Therrien chant for a few minutes followed by a PK PK PK PK chant

I'm going to the game next Saturday against the Leafs, I will definitely start one

Please do. If I could go to a game this season I would do the same. I think there is a decent chance at a Fire Therrien chant tonight considering all of the media attention towards his comments about Subban, a fan favorite.

2:55 - 3:50

Make no mistake, chants have an effect. They worked almost immediately in both Vancouver and Toronto.

Last edited:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The Canadiens have passed the one million followers mark on twitter.

It seems WeThreeKings diabolical plan to send a message into the belly of the beast by - gasp! - unfollowing them on social media has not got the grass roots support needed.

What now?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Canadiens have passed the one million followers mark on twitter.

It seems WeThreeKings diabolical plan to send a message into the belly of the beast by - gasp! - unfollowing them on social media has not got the grass roots support needed.

What now?

We should all sport avatars of an infant Sidney Crosby in a Habs jersey and put on our user title "See you in [insert Crosby's UFA year]"

That way every one will know we are a bunch of hopeless homers with no grasp on reality and no care that our favorite team is ruining the best core it has had in 2 decades.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Did you guys see how excited the fans were yesterday at the Bell Centre? I'm starting to wonder if maybe we're in the minority as far as wanting things to change with the team? I'm worried.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Not a single ticket bought since 2006.
2 full games watched this season (5 partial).

I'm doing my part. :nod:

From the perspective of someone who has watched and supported this team for over six decades, I think that the team will survive the fury of your indifference.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Did you guys see how excited the fans were yesterday at the Bell Centre? I'm starting to wonder if maybe we're in the minority as far as wanting things to change with the team? I'm worried.

Interesting point. I'd say most people watch hockey for the pure enjoyment of it. I'm not trying to be funny -- while we on this board examine the game behind the game, proclaiming THIS move to be right and THAT move to be wrong based on the precious gems that are our opinions, most people simply don't give a damn. My best friend is a season-ticket holder who laughs at the hyper-analysis of stats and pile-ons against Bergevin and Therrien. He doesn't go to games hoping to advance a long-term strategy of tanking. He goes to games to watch the Habs win. He tells me to stop telling him how to be a fan. And he's right.

We blame Bergevin for being too in love with his roster to move anyone; meanwhile most of us are too in love with our opinions to move an inch. Whether we like it or not, the Montreal Canadiens are measured by their overall entertainment value, not by whether the wrong player is on the 1st-line. Wins are entertaining; strategic tanking not as much.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Buy a red zone ticket for upcoming Panthers game in March (will cost you less than Desjardins, maybe 200ish... Free beer/wine and steak/roast beef/shrimp, valet parking included). There will be several empty seats, even some behind the glass behind Therrien himself. Bring a sign with #Fire Therrien written. Every camera shot on the bench / Therrien will show your sign. Security will let you sit there. I know because I've done it.. I've been considering making the trip to do it myself.

Watching Subban play up close, the beer, amazing food, and the sign is more than worth it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So in the end....Gilbert was playing with that injury for quite a while now....so I guess he wouldn't even pass the medical testing that a team would have given him. If it was just a question a time before the knee gives up....can't imagine that he was on the block to begin with.

JPGoHabsGo

May 30, 2013
So should we actively try to get something organized on top of our own personal opinions of not spending money/watching the team?

Mad Brills*

So should we actively try to get something organized on top of our own personal opinions of not spending money/watching the team?

Other than an organized walk out during the middle of a game, you can't really do much.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Other than an organized walk out during the middle of a game, you can't really do much.

Constantly protesting outside the Bell Centre might work as well.

You locals could put up flyers outside of anywhere that sells liquor and say to boycott Molson.

Mad Brills*

You locals could put up flyers outside of anywhere that sells liquor and say to boycott Molson.

A bar giving an interview and saying they are disgusted by the habs organization and say we will not sell molson products works as well.

feds91

May 17, 2004
we can stop protesting outside Bell Centre when Habs put in place a non french speaking coach. :sarcasm:

JPGoHabsGo

May 30, 2013

If something like this were to happen, it would need to generate a buzz beforehand as well most likely with social media

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

"You locals"?

Sounds like there's a new sheriff in town. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad