HF Habs: What can we do as fans?

Kraniumm

Hanshan
Jan 1, 2015
BC
I wish I lived in Montreal, so I could go to a game and throw a jersey or two on the ice. Bonus if I could get a seat behind the bench and hold up my #firetherrien sign. Someone buy me a ticket & return flight (BC) and I'll do it. Otherwise, I just occasionally complain here and ignore this pathetic management/coaching product and go about my life.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Simple, everybody going to the games wear the opposition team's jersey. Leafs on Saturday, Columbus on Monday and Tuesday, and so on ...

And cheer them. At least wear white and an appropriate visiting-team color accent is all that's needed at the Bell. But no Habs jerseys. That would be a story.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Wow so many fair weather fans. A bit disappointing. I guess I'm old school but I would never ever consider throwing a jersey on the ice (classless move IMO). Through thick or thin this is my team.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
What's the max attendance at Saputo's?

Around 20,000
But the first couple of home game will be n the Olympic stadium, so more than 50, 000

But it would be cool on a Saturday night there's seats available at the Bell Center while
the Impact beats the Habs for "sports money". Molson's ego would take a huge hit....and there's nothing like a beating on a rich man's ego to make things move.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Based on the OP's comments, as a fan, they could actually understand what was said at the press conference because the claim of what was "literally" said is totally off base.

Overall what could be done? A ton of growing up. The reactions are hilariously dramatic and over the top in here or, worse, childish. (Stop following their social media accounts? LMAO!) You would think One Direction broke up all over again.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
if I were attending any games, I'd be bringing the paper bag... then again, wouldn't be buying any tickets or spending a dime otherwise on the team until ownership takes steps to show that the organization is committed to building a winner & holding leadership accountable in that direction.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Based on the OP's comments, as a fan, they could actually understand what was said at the press conference because the claim of what was "literally" said is totally off base.

Overall what could be done? A ton of growing up. The reactions are hilariously dramatic and over the top in here or, worse, childish. (Stop following their social media accounts? LMAO!) You would think One Direction broke up all over again.

Of course, it's meant to blow off steam, it has zero consequence, pretty obvious. Get with the program and off your high horse.

Fans are mostly powerless. Most of us don't spend any money on millionaires to begin with, so doesn't change anything for us.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
After yet another press conference where our pompous GM insulted our intelligence as fans, we have to do whatever we can in our power to make a change.

Yes, what we can do is limited. It might not change anything. I understand there are people who still support Bergevin and Therrien, I don't get it, back that's your prerogative. For me, watching a GM not address the biggest issues of the team for 4 seasons is ludicrous.

For me, watching a GM go up to the podium time after time and insult us with things like "transition year", "good/bad person", and tell us how difficult it is to his job. He literally took a public forum to say he can't do his job, won't do his job, will accept blame for everything wrong with this team but won't make a move to rectify it.

So, what can we do as fans? Add on and feel free to participate.
- Stop following the Montreal Canadiens social media accounts (twitter, facebook, snapchat).
- Stop buying Molson products (people do?)
- Use whatever internet forum we have to continue to flood with comments, articles, that shows the ineptitude of the coaching staff at the NHL/AHL levels along with our GM.
- Stop buying tickets to games.
- Stop showing up to games.
- Stop watching the games.

I will be doing all of the above. I welcome other suggestions and hope that this stays open to discuss, to participate, because I don't know about you, but I want to see this team win a Stanley Cup and if we waste a core of Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Subban, Gallagher and Price, it's going to be a long road to ever getting back to this.

Man, seriously, you are embarrassing. Oh and don't forget to sign the 'fire therrien' petition le king! The list of the smarter hockey brains.

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
What can we do as fans?
Fans actions will comes naturally and it's already started

1) watching less and less games
2) lose interest
3) Bell center will be empty faster and less peoples will have motivation to go
4) More and more negative comments until stop watching and don't care

I repeat:
Habs organization take their fans for granted
They deserve low tv renting, low attendence with lost of money: Then they will do something

MB can go F**** himself

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Stop following the Habs on Facebook. That'll show them :laugh:

I wish it was just the OP but it's the majority of the people on the forum right now. Pathetic

May I ask why all these cry baby threads aren't being merged with the Vent thread?

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
What can we do as fans?
Fans actions will comes naturally and it's already started

1) watching less and less games
2) lose interest
3) Bell center will be empty faster and less peoples will have motivation to go
4) More and more negative comments until stop watching and don't care

I repeat:
Habs organization take their fans for granted
They deserve low tv renting, low attendence with lost of money: Then they will do something

MB can go F**** himself

Only in your fantasy world.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...It's really kinda funny to see all these posts crapping on people for crapping on the Habs management right now...yeah, some people are going a bit overboard, but what is honestly wrong with people venting on a Message Board meant for debate and discussion??...venting is part of that; if you don't want to take part or "are tired of it", don't read the posts where people are venting...there's no need to start making pissy remarks at each other or start slagging each other...news flash; whining about whining is still whining...we have to be the worst fanbase on these Boards for making personal attacks at each other for disagreeing with each other's opinions...it's gotten beyond just humorous to watch and take part in the fun; y'all really need to lighten up a bit, it's just a hockey board...

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
...It's really kinda funny to see all these posts crapping on people for crapping on the Habs management right now...yeah, some people are going a bit overboard, but what is honestly wrong with people venting on a Message Board meant for debate and discussion??...venting is part of that; if you don't want to take part or "are tired of it", don't read the posts where people are venting...there's no need to start making pissy remarks at each other or start slagging each other...news flash; whining about whining is still whining...we have to be the worst fanbase on these Boards for making personal attacks at each other for disagreeing with each other's opinions...it's gotten beyond just humorous to watch and take part in the fun; y'all really need to lighten up a bit, it's just a hockey board...

People venting about people venting about people venting. When will it stop!

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
all of this is happening. There a less re-sale on the vault tickets so loss of revenue. There tv rating are most definitely down. They don't want to lose but they are losing. If they are out of the playoffs (almost sure now) The coach will be fired in the off season.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Stop following the Habs on Facebook. That'll show them :laugh:

I wish it was just the OP but it's the majority of the people on the forum right now. Pathetic

May I ask why all these cry baby threads aren't being merged with the Vent thread?

A lot of organizations measure their presence on Social Media.. if they lost thousands of follows on their social media accounts in a short period of time, they would notice it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad