HF Habs: What can we do as fans?

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
There's not much that can be done except not watching the games. Personnally, I accept that this season isn't going as planned and I hope for a better future. As much as I feel Bergevin dropped the ball because he didn't deal from a position of strength, I appreciate his patient approach. I feel that a firesale or a panic trade would have high risk of doing more harm than good to the franchise. And as others wisely said, don't be so emotionnally invested in this team, it's unhealthy.

Jan 15, 2016
In a foxhole
Stop cooking in this:
$_57.JPG

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
We can understand that:

1. There have been key injuries;
2. They don't want to rush kids;
3. The team has mostly played well during the spiral;
4. We should not clean the cupboard in a lopsided trade;
5. Players are hard to acquire today, look at the trades and UFA market - that's why Pleks was extended;
6. We need to be patient - our core still has many years to go.

You need to understand that

We have one key injury right now. Yes Price is our MVP but we shouldn't make history and breaking record of mediocrity without him.

We've been waiting for a cup for over 20 years now, stop asking us to be patient. MB took over the GM position for 3 years now and we haven't progressed at all.

Players are hard to get by trade, good players are hard to sign, let's be patient with the kids... just a bunch of excuses.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

All-Star

Jul 14, 2003
Snake Mountain
Visit site
Don't go to the games and throw jerseys on the ice would be a start.
How can you throw jerseys on the ice if you don't go to games? ;-)

Plus throwing jersey's on the ice is pointless. You already paid for it, and odds are you'll probably buy another one when the team rights the ship at some point...

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I think some of you need to lay down for a while. You've crossed the line from fan to fanatic.

1. You have zero power to get any change. ZERO
2. Why would he make a deal now from a position of weakness? Every GM in the league would see him coming from miles away and try to taker advantage. (you would all come here and complain that he paid too much btw)
3. Price is injured, he wont be back for a while. Why get help now until he is more sure of prices health??

DumFries

Jun 18, 2009
Shawinigan
What you can do as a fan. It's simple. You move on with your life. You don't go to games. You stop watching the games and you do something else to fill the void.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
DON"T GET EMOTIONAL OVER SPORTS OR EMOTIONALLY INVOLVED WITH A TEAM.
Fans need to realize this is just a piece of entertainment, not some extension of epeens and when, and that is when not if, failure happens, just accept it and then hope the team rebuilds to better.

DON"T BE A POOR SPORT AND TRASH OTHER TEAMS.
Montreal fans have been especially snooty towards other teams like the Toronto Maple Leafs and will now get it back double. If they have been emotionally involved, this will now hurt twice as much when they will snicker at your loss. If fans were sympathetic towards other teams, perhaps some sympathy might come back, but if fans are trash talkers expect the worst in return for what you gave.

If you as a fan use common sense, none of this actually hurts, it is just a stage in the transition of the team from one phase to another, and the eventual rebuild to a better team. It is far more interesting to watch a team rebuild after dropping than to continually watch a boring treadmill team go nowhere.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think some of you need to lay down for a while. You've crossed the line from fan to fanatic.

This. It's not like the next time we win the Cup life will finally be complete. It will be a fun ride for a short while, then life will go on and the next season will begin.

Also, embrace that this year is lost and hope for a beneficial draft lottery.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
To those who preach patience and find excuses for everything going wrong you must be new to this team. I and many many others are fed up and it's our right. We want a winning team that doesn't rely on ONE player. So sue us! How can anyone be defending anything Habs related at this point is beyond me.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If anything reactionary but effective is going to come from fans, it has already happened on the last home game. An estimated 10,000 fans made their way for the exits prior to the Habs final powerplay, with many leaving during the PP. Plus a lot of booing going on in the latter part of the game.

Paying fans, especially those who are not on corporate junkets, are plunking down real money -- their voices will carry farther than that of virtual Hab fans. And their emotions will be raw, they'll feel robbed.

I don't know what magic bean is going to turn the Habs' fortunes when all we're getting is no changes whatsoever. The highlight of the upcoming games may well be what creative and upset fans in attendance may do to express their frustration.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Can't really do anything right now but hope the team starts to score more goals. Counting on Price to return and turn things around might be wishful thinking. I heard on Toronto radio a couple of weeks ago that there was a rumour Price was finished for the season.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
1. We have had one. That can't be the reason for being the worst team in the league. Don't care how good Price is.
2. They aren't developing the kids well enough to rush them if they wanted to.
3. No, it hasn't played well since the lock out shortened season. We were beyond brutal last year. Look at the articles posted about firing Therrien LAST YEAR.
4. We have nothing in the cupboards of value anyway.
5. Ok, so why have a GM?
6. No, it doesn't. Price can easily leave.

So basically what you are saying is we have nothing to trade. Because trading one of our few good players would be a lateral move at best. No wonder then GMMB hasn't made any big trades yet... :sarcasm:

Don't invest yourself emotionally for a pro sports team. I can't believe that grown men spend countless hours of their weeks watching and listening to sport gossip shows.

Have a beer. Chill. Don't watch the game and do the dirty with your girl instead. Thank me later.

Remember guys: your life is literally completely unaffected by the Habs performance. The Habs could not win a single game for the rest of its existence and it still wouldn't affect your life.

So have a beer, relax, and stop pretending that your Twitter campaign matters.

Exactly! Enjoy the ride when things are going right, don't stress about it when they are not. It's not like your lives are gonna have more meaning if the Habs win the Cup (God I sure hope not).

1. You have zero power to get any change. ZERO
2. Why would he make a deal now from a position of weakness? Every GM in the league would see him coming from miles away and try to taker advantage. (you would all come here and complain that he paid too much btw)
3. Price is injured, he wont be back for a while. Why get help now until he is more sure of prices health??

^^^^ This guy gets it!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't worry, be happy.

Oh, and we'll see all of you in the Toronto GDT, dispensing blame as usual. :laugh:

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Bell Centre cheering for the leaf on Saturday would be a statement ;)

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Apparently there's nothing we can do.

MB says he's trying but already did his best.

Says coaching staffs is competent and will not replaced any of them, at least for this season.

Says he believes in our players.

So basically we have to accept that we are the worst team without Price and we are an ok team with Price.

There won't be many trade because it's hard to make.

There won't be many signing of good players because they don't want to come here

So basically, the owner, the general manager, the coach are basically saying to the fans to "deal with it, that's how they roll, if we keep losing, we'll keep losing, at least we tried and we won't change a thing"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad