HF Habs: What are our real odds for Lafreniere? (Use this thread for Lafreniere talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
"Il paraît que son entourage est pas chaud chaud"

Did anyone actually listened to the original radio segment? This rumor is 100% made off. It's not even presented as a rumor, it's rather thrown in in the introduction of a lame debate. Even Pierre Rinfret himself, during the debate goes on "il paraît, il paraît, lâchez-moi il parait" meaning this rumor has no credibility.

So guys, you can stop with the trade talks and the Lindros references!
Local Media = Montreal's Sports Cancer

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Imagine these are the 8 teams with the shot at Lafreniere...

Pens
Leafs
Oilers
Preds
Panthers
Jets
Rangers
Canucks or Wild

The only teams that have business in drafting Lafreniere are the Rangers, Canucks/Wild. Pens, Leafs, Oilers, Preds, Panthers, Jets all have very good teams and some of them are cup contenders. This is messed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

Jul 6, 2016

Pens
Leafs
Oilers
Preds
Panthers
Jets
Rangers
Canucks or Wild

The only teams that have business in drafting Lafreniere are the Rangers, Canucks/Wild. Pens, Leafs, Oilers, Preds, Panthers all have very good teams and some of them are cup contenders. This is messed up.

Blame the NHL stupid 2020 Lottery. No teams in those 24 team series should had have access to #1 pick.. Maybe 3rd or 4th AT BEST. Detroit and Ottawa have been screwed royally.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Blame the NHL stupid 2020 Lottery. No teams in those 24 team series should had have access to #1 pick.. Maybe 3rd or 4th AT BEST. Detroit and Ottawa have been screwed royally.

I don't believe that the Wings and Sens were screwed over. It is a draft lottery. But to give a chance to cup contenders like the Pens, Oilers, Leafs, Preds, Jets? This is a massive issue with Bettman's parity approach from previous years.

Phase 2 should have been weighted to some degree. You know what caused all of this mess? Habs and Blackhawks being included so they can generate hockey revenue from TV ratings cause they are big market teams.

Also, even before Covid-19, I never felt a team from 10-15 should have a shot at #1 OA. It's not right.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
If the playoffs somehow get canceled (second wave) do the lottery odds get changed? What happens? If we get passed Pittsburg but the playoffs are canceled, do we still get 12.5% chance for #1?

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

Pens
Leafs
Oilers
Preds
Panthers
Jets
Rangers
Canucks or Wild

The only teams that have business in drafting Lafreniere are the Rangers, Canucks/Wild. Pens, Leafs, Oilers, Preds, Panthers, Jets all have very good teams and some of them are cup contenders. This is messed up.

f***ing bush league.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
If the playoffs somehow get canceled (second wave) do the lottery odds get changed? What happens? If we get passed Pittsburg but the playoffs are canceled, do we still get 12.5% chance for #1?
If Covid-19 somehow stopped these playoffs, then I would hope a brand new draft lottery like in the past years will be instituted. That means Detroit and Ottawa will have the better chances of corralling Alexis Lafreniere.

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Pens
Leafs
Oilers
Preds
Panthers
Jets
Rangers
Canucks or Wild

This is the rewards of losing to non playoff teams after going 5 months without competitive hockey. Pretty much what a lot expected when Habs/Hawks were included. Would like Press to win because feel like that franchise actually tries to win and needs luck. But I'd be happy if EDM/PIT win as well because they had to face and lost to 12th seed team with nothing to lose coming off rust.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
The tall foreheads that are Gary Bettman and Bill Daly thought by giving Lafreniere to one of the 8 losers of the play-in series would drum up renewed interest among NHL fans. The ratings don't show that. Such an idiotic No. 1 draft pick scenario causes some fans to question whether their team is truly playing hard to win the play-in series.

It would be a gross injustice if either Edmonton or Pittsburgh wins the lottery!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is the rewards of losing to non playoff teams after going 5 months without competitive hockey. Pretty much what a lot expected when Habs/Hawks were included. Would like Press to win because feel like that franchise actually tries to win and needs luck. But I'd be happy if EDM/PIT win as well because they had to face and lost to 12th seed team with nothing to lose coming off rust.

Sorry, not buying that. Parity has taken a back door due to Covid-19 and this draft is going to be a mess. Pens were not a confident bunch when the found out they would face the Habs and this is not a surprise to them they are down 2-1. They were concerned about Price and got the NHL to change it from best of 3 to best of 5 for a reason.

No way the Pens, Oilers, Leafs, Jets, Preds should have a shot at #1OA.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Jarry and Ricola need to play instead of Murray and Johnson Malkin needs to wake the f*** up and Crosby needs to do what he does best in elimination games its a simple as that and all will again be right in the hockey world.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If the Habs can't get Laf I'd be fine with him going to the Oilers TBH. Watching him playing with guys like McDavid and Drai would be entertaining as hell and I'm sure Laf wouldn't mind that situation either. Plus he would be in the west and the Pens or Leafs (if both lose) wouldn't have him.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Jarry and Ricola need to play instead of Murray and Johnson Malkin needs to wake the f*** up and Crosby needs to do what he does best in elimination games its a simple as that and all will again be right in the hockey world.
Habs fans are in a quandary. Beat the Pens in four games and they'll advance to the next round to face either the Flyers or Lightning. (Notice the Bruins played lousy to avoid playing the Habs.) Lose the next two games to Sid the Kid's team and they'll have a 1 in 8 chance of winning Alexis Lafreniere.

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018

I cant find the link but i do remember that the league did address this.

Once the play-in rounds are done (so assuming Covid doesnt cancel the season in the next week) then its done. Those are the lottery eligible teams (the losers of the play-in). If it suddenly got cancelled in the 1st or 2nd round (and we had moved on) then we would pick 16th.

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I cant find the link but i do remember that the league did address this.

Once the play-in rounds are done (so assuming Covid doesnt cancel the season in the next week) then its done. Those are the lottery eligible teams (the losers of the play-in). If it suddenly got cancelled in the 1st or 2nd round (and we had moved on) then we would pick 16th.
Suppose all the play-in series aren't completed and the entire thing is cancelled, how will the draft lottery be conducted?

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs fans are in a quandary. Beat the Pens in four games and they'll advance to the next round to face either the Flyers or Lightning. (Notice the Bruins played lousy to avoid playing the Habs.) Lose the next two games to Sid the Kid's team and they'll have a 1 in 8 chance of winning Alexis Lafreniere.
Theres no quandary for this habs fan ill take my shot at Laf all day long over getting swept 1st round.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm not quite sure what people expect in terms of odds? In 2005 the Pens odds were 6.5% to land Sydney Crosby one of four teams with the highest odds. In what world is a 12.5% chance to land a possible franchise type player not good?

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad