What are flyers really lacking?

Select 5 most important ones.

• Total voters

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
First and foremost an NHL caliber coach with his system of play. Then evaluate personnel and trade for missing pieces to fit that system (Lavy in his last year had a great system, but did not have matching pieces).

Top-down.

A coherent plan. Then to pull the individual parts on board with it. Then fill gaps.

These two things go hand-in-hand, of course, and hopefully Fletch is true to his word that he wants to "build something like Tampa" (bigtime paraphrase). I'd rather have a Keefe than a Q, but I understand both positions and wouldn't begrudge them hiring a good vet coach. It's all about establishing that organizational philosophy and hiring the right coach to suit it, then assembling the players to fit. We can only hope and pray that the plan is meteor-proof - I don't want any more dinosaur bull****.

Hopefully we can find some suckers to take Andrew and ****ing Dale off our hands soon so we can call up Myers and NAK, with Simmer blasted out at the trade deadline and the Pimp up here sometime in the next little while.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
First and foremost an NHL caliber coach with his system of play. Then evaluate personnel and trade for missing pieces to fit that system (Lavy in his last year had a great system, but did not have matching pieces).

Yeah, it's this. deficient coaching impacts everything from net up to the forwards, and special teams. The one-two punch of Berube/Hakstol was brutal, and that Gordon (another deficient coach) can be an upgrade on them in any way is awful. We talk about our woes with finding goalies, but we have been much worse at coaches.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
This team will need a head coach for the up coming season.
A reliable #2 tender to back Hart
My core on the big club for next year is:
Hart
Provorov
Konecny
Patrick
Sanheim
I do have a soft spot for Couts, Hagg and Laughton.
This has to be the softest Flyer team I have seen since the very early 70's. Bobby Clarke most likely has to be restrained from going into the locker room and reading them the riot act. Really sad right now.

Reactions: MacDonald4MVP

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
1. Joel Quenneville + coaching team
2. Myers, NAK, Pimp on the big team.
3. Andrew Macdonald fired into the sun, or Florida, what ever is easier.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Coaching Staff
Veteran backup for Hart
Quality Middle-6 Center
Quality Middle-6 winger with speed that can drive play
Experienced top 4 RHD.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Quality coachs>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

As has been mentioned already, this would help:

No AMac
Promote Myers/Morin/NAK
Try out Pimp and Friedman to see what we have in them
Better goalie for tandem with Hart
Top 6 scoring wing
Moar Taryn!
Moar Gritty!

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Right now the problem is more profound than this. How bad they really are, isn't as bad as how they are currently playing. The problem is that both GM and coach have been fired recently, and some changes are expected. Nobody knows where they will be in one month. It is probably very chaotic for them. This season is over already. We're not making the playoffs. There will be some moves, but hopefully no panic. In a more stable context, they would play much better. I wouldn't ruin the core. I'm fine with trading Simmonds for the right value, and perhaps Voracek but the value would need to be very high and NHL ready. Otherwise, keep him. Then look for a good goalie and a coach this summer (I believe Q is coming here). Next season will be very different.

Please do not touch Giroux and Couturier. They aren't the problem.

We have a lot of talent on this team, it's simply that everything is a mess right now and all players are playing anxious.

General Joseph

Dec 25, 2017
Florida Panhandle
In my view this team lacks CHARACTER ! This team has no REAL ass kicker who will show the rest of the club how to go full tilt every shift . TK is about as close as we got to someone who sells it hard every shift , hustles , and gets after it . This team has more floaters than a city cesspool . And certainly we got to have serviceable reliable netminding . Folks can blame Hakstol , Lavy , Berube blah blah blah till the cows come home , but until this club gets a leader in the room who will not take any shi$ and call folks out , expect more of the same . Roo is a fine player etc , but i think we need a more Physical leader with a bit more GRUFF .

Reactions: Jtown

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Speed speed speed speed and speed.

Young players can provide it. So all the option that remove bad old vets and gives bigger roles to young guys are what I voted for.

More Konecny, Patrick, Frost, Sanheim, Ghost, Provorov, Myers, Laughton, Weal. Less Weise, Raffl, Simmonds, Lehtera, Macdonald, Folin etc.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Add a quality headcoach who picks his assistants

Do 1 real hockey trade that brings back a Veteran leader that can play (doesn't even matter if top-4 D or top-6 winger)

Get rid of players on expiring contracts and dead weight (Mac Donald)

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
In my view this team lacks CHARACTER ! This team has no REAL ass kicker who will show the rest of the club how to go full tilt every shift . TK is about as close as we got to someone who sells it hard every shift , hustles , and gets after it . This team has more floaters than a city cesspool . And certainly we got to have serviceable reliable netminding . Folks can blame Hakstol , Lavy , Berube blah blah blah till the cows come home , but until this club gets a leader in the room who will not take any shi$ and call folks out , expect more of the same . Roo is a fine player etc , but i think we need a more Physical leader with a bit more GRUFF .
They don't make Mark Messier's anymore....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad