Pre-Game Talk: Western Conference Finals - Series Discussion (Bring on the Avs!)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Series prediction?

• Avalanche in 4

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Avalanche in 5

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Avalanche in 6

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Avalanche in 7

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 80 28.2%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 110 38.7%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Oilers in 4

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We can beat the Avs.

We thrive playing at the pace and type of game they want. We have excellent speed on every line.

Even without our top guns on the ice, guys like McLeod are fantastic skaters.
I agree. Our speed has been a revelation in these playoffs. Ask me mid-season if we could skate with the Avs I would have said no. In these playoffs playing at our peak and watching this last Avs game, we might even outskate them. Add our Barn to the equation too. I like our chances.

Oilers in 6.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
We good in terms of hitting our goals. But we should also keep in mind that shots at the Cup are few and far between. I guess in that sense theirs always still pressure. Everything need to go right for a Cup run, we’re on our way.

I'm definitely not tapping out. I was full on stressed for the LA series, and half stressed half excited for the Calgary series. The less pressure we have, the more enjoyable I find it. Still think we have a good shot against Colorado.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm definitely not tapping out. I was full on stressed for the LA series, and half stressed half excited for the Calgary series. The less pressure we have, the more enjoyable I find it. Still think we have a good shot against Colorado.
We will WIN. The respect that this team wants badly from the League, will be cemented by beating the powerhouse Avs.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I like the idea of us starting on the road. Get a split and have the Avs come to a real hockey city and see what a hostile environment this is. For those of you that watch soccer in champions league a lot of clubs are basically impossible to beat in places like Anfield, Camp Nou, Munich etc because of the atmosphere.

If we get that split I can see us going up 3 - 1. If we go down 2 - 0 I dont think we can win 4 in 5.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I like the idea of us starting on the road. Get a split and have the Avs come to a real hockey city and see what a hostile environment this is. For those of you that watch soccer in champions league a lot of clubs are basically impossible to beat in places like Anfield, Camp Nou, Munich etc because of the atmosphere.

If we get that split I can see us going up 3 - 1. If we go down 2 - 0 I dont think we can win 4 in 5.

Small sample size but Kuemper is 'only' 3-2 and 0.905 at home during these playoff stats, as opposed to 4-0 on the road.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Yessss. Our crowd is going to be KEY in this series. Avs players thought they’ve seen playoff environments, they haven’t seen shit yet.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
e0aa652a0a37c920545cd5b1d3591e8503a05fac.gifv

Insert the black ace, Dylan Holloway

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Keith (Chicago 3x times)
Helm (1x Detroit)
And, of course
Archibald (1x Pittsburgh)
Archibald is going to be so huge in the Conference Finals.

Tuesday, May 31: Edmonton at Colorado, 8 p.m. ET (Sportsnet/CBC)
Thursday, June 2: Edmonton at Colorado, 8 p.m. ET (Sportsnet/CBC)
Saturday, June 4: Colorado at Edmonton, 8 p.m. ET (Sportsnet/CBC)
Monday, June 6: Colorado at Edmonton, 8 p.m. ET (Sportsnet/CBC)
*Wednesday, June 8: Edmonton at Colorado, Time TBD (Sportsnet/CBC)
*Friday, June 10: Colorado at Edmonton, Time TBD (Sportsnet/CBC)
*Sunday, June 12: Edmonton at Colorado, Time TBD (Sportsnet/CBC)

six o'clock in civilized human time

Reactions: McBeastMode

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Avs fan coming in peace. This series will be a good one. With this much offensive talent on these squads and shit goalies on both ends of the ice, I have a feeling this will be a high scoring but close series overall. Good luck to you guys. As of tomorrow, I hate each and every one of you :sarcasm:.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Avs fan coming in peace. This series will be a good one. With this much offensive talent on these squads and shit goalies on both ends of the ice, I have a feeling this will be a high scoring but close series overall. Good luck to you guys. As of tomorrow, I hate each and every one of you :sarcasm:.
4E6AEB56-2D0E-4251-A0F6-0939E298A52B.gif

J/K

You’re a good one, my Avs friend. Hopefully it’s a great Series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad