Pre-Game Talk: Western Conference Finals - Series Discussion (Bring on the Avs!)

Series prediction?

• Avalanche in 4

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Avalanche in 5

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Avalanche in 6

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Avalanche in 7

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 80 28.2%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 110 38.7%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Oilers in 4

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
EDM needs better starts esp against a team like the Avs and they can't play scared. They need to play their game and keep their pedal to the metal. McDavid esp needs to keep doing what he's doing as well. Be a man on a mission. If he does there is no way the Avs can stop him.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
This will be a tough road for the Oil, but all the pressure is on the Avs! They are supposed to be here. All the Oilers seem to be peaking at the right time, depends on which goalie holds the fort. My choice is Smitty, just seems like last year with Pricer. I will however be saying rosary’s for him!!

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Just from watching this game.

Looks like Colorado just volume shoots from the outside a lot.

Kuemper sucks. Oiler in 4.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
So our plan was always going to run Drai and Connor on separate lines, but that went out the window after Drais injury. IF, big if, he is able to resume his duties on his own line, do we go back to that, and drop RNH to the third line, and have more balance to the forward lines, like we had for much of our stretch run, or do we go nuclear option line no matter what?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Oilers are gonna surprise people and dummy the avs

McDavid is on a holy mission and he can’t be stopped
If EDM truly works hard enough and loses that's fine. You know they gave it all they could and that's all you can ask for as a sports fan. But you hope they can really take it to the Avs and surprise everyone. I just don't want EDM to get swept or lose in 5 or something. Go the distance at least.

Reactions: nally and Faelko

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
If EDM truly works hard enough and loses that's fine. You know they gave it all they could and that's all you can ask for as a sports fan. But you hope they can really take it to the Avs and surprise everyone. I just don't want EDM to get swept or lose in 5 or something. Go the distance at least.
Whatever happens I’m happy with the whole season.

If they lose game 1 I’m not sweating it, Woodcroft seems to reconfigure the team really well after a loss and usually after a bad period.

Avs are really good but we hung in there with them in the regular season and if my memory is correct they got all the PPs in those games basically.

Reactions: oilers'72

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
True underdogs in this one. Colorado has a ton of pressure on them to win.

Should be a fun one.

I may be in the minority, but this is a series that Holloway would fit in. There's no reason to play Archibald or Kassian anymore, but especially Archibald who's been just net negative. Insert young Holloway for his speed, forechecking, and size, and the top 9 will be even deeper.

Play Holloway, Woody!

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
So our plan was always going to run Drai and Connor on separate lines, but that went out the window after Drais injury. IF, big if, he is able to resume his duties on his own line, do we go back to that, and drop RNH to the third line, and have more balance to the forward lines, like we had for much of our stretch run, or do we go nuclear option line no matter what?
I'd say go back to 3 lines with the threat of the nuclear option if we really need a goal. Having Connor & Leon on the ice for 30-40 minutes outweighs playing them together for 25. One of them will always get weaker matchups.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Butt clench time. Colorado is nothing like LA/Calgary and actually has the talent and firepower to match our big guns. We're playing with found money at this point so any wins from here on out are a bonus.
Let's hope the team doesn't have this horrible attitude....just happy to be here? No...he'll no, the avs are beatable, these opportunities may not happen again..go all in to win.

Reactions: iCanada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad