Pre-Game Talk: Western Conference Finals - Series Discussion (Bring on the Avs!)

Series prediction?

• Avalanche in 4

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Avalanche in 5

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Avalanche in 6

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Avalanche in 7

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 80 28.2%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 110 38.7%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Oilers in 4

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
So our plan was always going to run Drai and Connor on separate lines, but that went out the window after Drais injury. IF, big if, he is able to resume his duties on his own line, do we go back to that, and drop RNH to the third line, and have more balance to the forward lines, like we had for much of our stretch run, or do we go nuclear option line no matter what?
Colorado has more options for line matching than us due to depth. I say we go 11-7 and say f*** line matching, embrace the chaos, and hope Colorado gets overwhelmed/confused. I trust Woody to come up with the best possible strat vs them by game 2 or 3.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Connor will rise to the moment and show WHY MacK isn’t in his League.

Drai will do the same to Rantanen.

Nuge will turn the script on the 2011 ReDraft Battle with Landeskog.

Hyman will school Kadri and show which Leafs player the Leafs will regret losing the most

Barrie will get revenge on Makar for takin his job

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Winnable series,but Mike Smith will need to be a lot better then he has been so far...
Hopefully a few days off will help. Understandably he’s been worn down a bit, having been going every second day without a break, tough at his age. We shouldn’t expect miracles from a 40 year old goalie, but I am confident he can let in one less goal a game than Kuemper for four games. Don’t really care if it’s 3-2 or 9-8 games, just let in less than the other guy.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Haven’t looked this up… but doesn’t McDavid own the head to head matchup vs MacKinnon in terms of production?

Reactions: yakcity1064

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Connor will rise to the moment and show WHY MacK isn’t in his League.

Drai will do the same to Rantanen.

Nuge will turn the script on the 2011 ReDraft Battle with Landeskog.

Hyman will school Kadri and show which Leafs player the Leafs will regret losing the most

Barrie will get revenge on Makar for takin his job

Yeah crazy to think how McDavid will react to facing MacKinnon every night and vise-versa. This will be an extremely exciting series to watch (moreso for non-partisan fans without the stress of it)

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Haven’t looked this up… but doesn’t McDavid own the head to head matchup vs MacKinnon in terms of production?

No idea how many games they weren't in the lineup for due to injury but McDavid has 27 points in 16 games v COL, amongst his best career numbers vs. a team, essentially equal production to that against Ottawa.

Reactions: oilers'72

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah crazy to think how McDavid will react to facing MacKinnon every night and vise-versa. This will be an extremely exciting series to watch (moreso for non-partisan fans without the stress of it)
Personally im gonna be a lot more relaxed this series. We’ve already clowned the Flames. No one expects us to beat the Avs…. But we will.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Based on my response to the 'what makes a successful year's I can't even be mad if we lose this one. Hopefully that makes me more relaxed.
We good in terms of hitting our goals. But we should also keep in mind that shots at the Cup are few and far between. I guess in that sense theirs always still pressure. Everything need to go right for a Cup run, we’re on our way.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: