Pre-Game Talk: Western Conference Finals - Series Discussion (Bring on the Avs!)

Series prediction?

• Avalanche in 4

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Avalanche in 5

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Avalanche in 6

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Avalanche in 7

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 80 28.2%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 110 38.7%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Oilers in 4

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
CP still talking about 'kicking motion", lmao. Wonder how long that thread can go. I hope a similar "controversy" happens to Colorado fans, make it extra bitter.
View attachment 553829
I'm sure all of us CP lurkers have noticed how far the E=NG thread has fallen down the list.... they can't seem to find anything to post about in that thread at the moment :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
CP still talking about 'kicking motion", lmao. Wonder how long that thread can go. I hope a similar "controversy" happens to Colorado fans, make it extra bitter.
View attachment 553829
They realize that not every kick has to be an actual vertical motion of the foot right?

I mean, just play a game of Street Fighter 2, use Ryu or Ken, and do a crouching light kick. Then tell me that isn’t basically what Coleman did.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Regarding the no goal on the Flames. Oilers fans have been bitching about the Kesler pad pull since 2017 but the difference was it cost us a 3-2 series LEAD. The Coleman kick cost them a goal in a series they were going to lose regardless this is the difference.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Regarding the no goal on the Flames. Oilers fans have been bitching about the Kesler pad pull since 2017 but the difference was it cost us a 3-2 series LEAD. The Coleman kick cost them a goal in a series they were going to lose regardless this is the difference.
Well that and the fact that both goals were illegal goals, but only one of them counted.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Another difference - two officials took about 5 mins to thoroughly review the play in Calgary and agree on a ruling. The review on the Kesler goal in Anaheim took no more than about 30 seconds and was so fast to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't look at it more than once or twice.

The Anaheim debacle was a disgrace. Everything about it.

Reactions: WaitingForUser

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Another difference - two officials took about 5 mins to thoroughly review the play in Calgary and agree on a ruling. The review on the Kesler goal in Anaheim took no more than about 30 seconds and was so fast to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't look at it more than once or twice.

The Anaheim debacle was a disgrace. Everything about it.
They only looked for one thing, whether he was pushed, which he was, they didn't bother to look at what he did after he was pushed. That's the issue to me.

Reactions: WaitingForUser

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Hope the boys will do well against the Avs aswell, wasn't bad what they showed against Colorado during the regular season.
What sucks for me is all those games will be played at 2am, so the WCF will be highlights watching only, meh..

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
It has nothing to do with Archibald. Though I don't understand the big deal when leaving from Edmonton. Don't they test for the league anyways, so test 24 hour pre-flight, if good, get on the plane and go, if not at least you are at home. I can understand it more on return as you wouldn't want someone stranded out of country.
Don't think the league requires testing anymore. But if you happen to require a test and it comes back positive, then the league will step in and require you to miss time. That's why they have to play the games, due to US requirement to test for COVID if entering their country by plane, but not by ground.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
View attachment 553829
No matter how long it goes. It will never surpass the 9 part, over 100000 post total, Edmonton related thread they got going on there.
I'm sure all of us CP lurkers have noticed how far the E=NG thread has fallen down the list.... they can't seem to find anything to post about in that thread at the moment :laugh::laugh::laugh:
It's actually beyond hilarious that the most discussed thread in CP's history is about the Oilers. Didn't know we had such dedicated fans over there.

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Hope the Oilers have watched video on how to hit MacK. There’s many examples out there including by us. He’s definately susceptible to get getting caught on the train tracks. Let’s keep it clean though I guess. But punish this dude.

That second hit basically gave Colorado Cale Makar as it destroyed their season and they plumetted down the standings. At the time of the hit, Colorado was 9-9 and gaining traction with their new coach (Bednar) winning 3 of the previous 4.

After this hit, they lost 6 in a row and 25 of the next 29 games enroute to a 48 point season, 21 points worse than the second worse team that year (Vancouver), but "lost the lottery" and moved to 4th. In retrospect they easily got the best player of the draft so losing the lottery may have been the best thing to happen to them. Strangely enough Vancouver also "lost the draft lottery" moving to 5th and possibly got the best forward in Petterson as well. I'm sure Philadelphia wishes they had a do over.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Hope the Oilers have watched video on how to hit MacK. There’s many examples out there including by us. He’s definately susceptible to get getting caught on the train tracks. Let’s keep it clean though I guess. But punish this dude.

Honestly, I could see Kulak getting him, because MacKinnon might not realize how good of skater he is.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
My apologies if this isn’t the correct spot for this, but where does everyone find the best place is to get tickets? I’ve checked stubhub and ticket master, so far the cheapest I can find are just under $320/ticket which isn’t the worst, but I was hoping for a bit less. If any of you know a better place or have tickets for sale I’d greatly appreciated!

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Edm has to have good starts and they need to play 60 minutes. everyone needs to help one another out to have any chance in this series. As for game 1, it might be a feeling out process in the first so maybe they struggle briefly but moving forward they need to swing it around. Guess we see what team shows up!

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
My apologies if this isn’t the correct spot for this, but where does everyone find the best place is to get tickets? I’ve checked stubhub and ticket master, so far the cheapest I can find are just under $320/ticket which isn’t the worst, but I was hoping for a bit less. If any of you know a better place or have tickets for sale I’d greatly appreciated!

Reality is pricing will fluxuate based on how good or bad the series is going. If Edmonton drops two in a row in Colorado the price will drop, if they win both, it will shoot up.

For example, by Game 5 Calgary tickets were dropping to $200 (for some of the tickets).

Reactions: Perratrooper

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

Why can't we get this Kassian again man? If he could even play at 80% of this level again I would just say f*** it and live with the slight overpay
sadge-200.png.webp

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Reality is pricing will fluxuate based on how good or bad the series is going. If Edmonton drops two in a row in Colorado the price will drop, if they win both, it will shoot up.

For example, by Game 5 Calgary tickets were dropping to $200 (for some of the tickets).

Thanks for the info!! I’m hoping for a great series even if my bank account disagrees 😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad