Pre-Game Talk: Western Conference Finals - Series Discussion (Bring on the Avs!)

Series prediction?

• Avalanche in 4

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Avalanche in 5

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Avalanche in 6

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Avalanche in 7

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 80 28.2%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 110 38.7%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Oilers in 4

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I wonder how much more healed Drai’s ankle will be for this series. Hope he’s using McDavid’s healing chamber every day.
Lock him in a bacta tank until game 1.

I'm not gonna shrug my shoulders and say Avs in 4 like that fanbase wants me to, but this is going to be dogfight.

Sadly, I do think whoever comes out of this gets globetrotted by Tampa.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

I'm not gonna shrug my shoulders and say Avs in 4 like that fanbase wants me to, but this is going to be dogfight.

Nah we’re a team of destiny. We are taking Avs and we will shock the world even more by taking out the Lightning

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

We already beat Tampa once this year and would've beat them twice if not for Smith playing like Koski-strom on the road.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Oilers are gonna surprise people and dummy the avs

McDavid is on a holy mission and he can’t be stopped
were-on-a-mission-from-god.gif

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I think we'll see a bit of a coming out party for Puljujarvi this round. Nothing crazy but I can see him potting 3-5 goals this round.
I was just thinking the same thing. I wanna see that Hyman-RNH-Pulju line against Rantanens line. Might see Jesse raise his game against a fellow Finn. His clout in Finland would probably skyrocket if he scores a few goals and we win the series.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
One thing that hasn’t really been discussed (I think), is that Oilers likely have the coaching advantage over Bednar. If Woody and Manson can win the coaching battle, it could tip the scales, IMO

Only coaches left that I think could give them trouble (by also being crafty and more flexible in tactics than average) are Cooper and Brind’Amor out of the east. Maybe Gallant (but I don’t think he’s as good as the other two).

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
Not happening. Kane/Hyman McDavid Drai line going to give them nightmares. "One Guy" is at the height of his powers, honestly believe he is going to will this team to a win. Jokingly said this team might win the Stanley cup beginning of this season now it's starting to look like a real possibility.
I really hope the oilers pull a Carolina and make a bunch of "One Guy" t-shirts for the fans. I'd buy one

Reactions: walktheboulavard

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I think we'll see a bit of a coming out party for Puljujarvi this round. Nothing crazy but I can see him potting 3-5 goals this round.
That would be crazy given his goal output so far. That said, lets get f u c k i n g crazy!

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
One thing that hasn’t really been discussed (I think), is that Oilers likely have the coaching advantage over Bednar. If Woody and Manson can win the coaching battle, it could tip the scales, IMO

Only coaches left that I think could give them trouble (by also being crafty and more flexible in tactics than average) are Cooper and Brind’Amor out of the east. Maybe Gallant (but I don’t think he’s as good as the other two).
I respect the system Bednar has put in place for his group, but I don't know how good he is at getting his group to adapt, Woodcroft has shown that he can both make adjustments and get the group to follow through with them, but even still it seems overly optimistic to think Woodcroft is going to keep outcoaching people given his limited experience as an NHL head coach.

Reactions: oilers'72

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
not to jinx it but this playoffs is following the 1990-91 Penguins playoffs to a tee thus far

-down 3-2 to an inferior team in Round 1, only to win game 7
-lose Game 1 of Round 2 to a rival, then roar back and win 4 straight
-otherworldly performance from a Superstar, both in their 7th season in the NHL

get ready to be down 0-2 to the Avs, only to roar back and win 4 straight :sarcasm:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I respect the system Bednar has put in place for his group, but I don't know how good he is at getting his group to adapt, Woodcroft has shown that he can both make adjustments and get the group to follow through with them, but even still it seems overly optimistic to think Woodcroft is going to keep outcoaching people given his limited experience as an NHL head coach.

He'll just send out Kadri to do something stupid

the avs havent beat us in regulation all season, this series will be way closer than people think the avs D struggled to contain st louis, while they are good they are not an offensive power
And the only win that wasn't a shoot out, f***ing Kadri made a dirty play to get Nurse off the ice during OT

Reactions: CornKicker

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Markstrom wasn’t bad at all. In fact he kept them in some of those games longer than they deserved. The Oilers when they show up and start well and are engaged are one of the best teams in the nhl. Been that way all year.
You better get with the league narrative! The Oilers are a one and a half man team and there overall team stats don’t accurately how bad they really are. The barely beat the LA farm team and the Flames were down their number one defenceman. Start planning your golf trips Oilers because the Avalanche are the best team in the league and Crosby’s buddy is on that team so…

Reactions: saucesaitl

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Or any of our speed demons. Everybody thinks the avs are fast but other than McKinnon and Makar, who's speedy on on that team.

All of McDavid, Nurse, McLeod, Kane are supersonic. Any time they're caught napping, expect odd man rush

Nichishkin's a pretty good skater. Not sure how fast Cogliano is anymore. Most of their team are at least good skaters though, just like most of our depth.

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
You better get with the league narrative! The Oilers are a one and a half man team and there overall team stats don’t accurately how bad they really are. The barely beat the LA farm team and the Flames were down their number one defenceman. Start planning your golf trips Oilers because the Avalanche are the best team in the league and Crosby’s buddy is on that team so…
haha love the banter. Let me guess Flames fan turned Av's fan? lol

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Hopefully the organization is getting ahead of the officiating in this series and respectfully point out that the Avalanche are referee darlings that routinely suck the stripes in with copious amounts of diving.

If this series is at all called how the Avalanche have been getting called all season it will be an uphill battle for the Oilers regardless.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad