Pre-Game Talk: Western Conference Finals - Series Discussion (Bring on the Avs!)

Series prediction?

• Avalanche in 4

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Avalanche in 5

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Avalanche in 6

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Avalanche in 7

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 80 28.2%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 110 38.7%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Oilers in 4

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I have no idea who she is and I assume she is a huge Oilers fan but it seems like she might be using this playoff run to gain some more clout for herself.

Does she really need to let the world know she plans to go in a onesy lol.
She's now sharing PA duties with Scheetz at Elks games.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Keith seems to be having trouble making quick passing decisions. He routinely double or triple clutches while trying to break out of the defensive zone or kick of a rush. It’s one thing to see an older player’s legs slow down or their hands leave them - that happens to everyone. I’m not sure I’ve seen such significantly slowed reads before, though. I hope he’s able to get past it for this series. The Avs are a much bigger threat than the Kings or Flames and the Oilers need him at his best.
I'm seeing it as an adjustment since Game 5 vs. the Kings, he was burned a lot making the quick read, and so he's slowing things down for he and his rookie partner to make sure the lanes are there. I think it's helping both of their games.

Reactions: slaman

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
FB_IMG_1651025244056.jpg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don’t think it means somebody has COVID necessarily. It could be a documentation/vaccination/etc. issue.
it's likely a similar shell game type travel thing that they had to do with LA. This is why I really wanted us to get Calgary instead of Dallas. This is an underrated annoyance.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

Uh oh if true

It's called Josh Archibald there's probs nothing else to it lol. He was able to play all the games in Calgary b/c it's in Canada and was basically being smuggled into LA via the bussing over the border thing. He sucks anyway so it's not like him sitting at home is gonna change much.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's called Josh Archibald there's probs nothing else to it lol. He was able to play all the games in Calgary b/c it's in Canada and was basically being smuggled into LA via the bussing over the border thing. He sucks anyway so it's not like him sitting at home is gonna change much.
Could mean Holloway gets a shot…

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Oilers never smuggled Archibald in. He has an exemption, which probably means he's the only one that doesn't need to be bussed across the border. It's all about avoiding having to take Covid tests. A false positive would screw up our run in a hurry.

The tweet is vague. The team is likely in Colorado now. It probably just means that the team had to do the same bussing thing they did with LA.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
The Oilers never smuggled Archibald in. He has an exemption, which probably means he's the only one that doesn't need to be bussed across the border. It's all about avoiding having to take Covid tests. A false positive would screw up our run in a hurry.

The tweet is vague. The team is likely in Colorado now. It probably just means that the team had to do the same bussing thing they did with LA.
Look I just don't want to dress Josh Archibald against a team as deep and fast as Colorado, lemme smoke my copium lol.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Look I just don't want to dress Josh Archibald against a team as deep and fast as Colorado, lemme smoke my copium lol.
that is a separate issue, yes. I don't see Colorado as a physical team so I could see Kassian and/or Archibald out. Imo Kassian sits before Archibald does. I'd be fine with Brassard or even Perlini playing. I would love to see Holloway but it just seems not the thing to do with a young player, in the western final vs the best team in the west. He'd just start next season as a regular, pretty much

Reactions: Messrules11

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
that is a separate issue, yes. I don't see Colorado as a physical team so I could see Kassian and/or Archibald out. Imo Kassian sits before Archibald does. I'd be fine with Brassard or even Perlini playing. I would love to see Holloway but it just seems not the thing to do with a young player, in the western final vs the best team in the west. He'd just start next season as a regular, pretty much
Generally agree, but Kadri needs to know that Kassian is out there to keep an eye on him.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
So all this for a guy who is going to play like 5 minutes lol
It has nothing to do with Archibald. Though I don't understand the big deal when leaving from Edmonton. Don't they test for the league anyways, so test 24 hour pre-flight, if good, get on the plane and go, if not at least you are at home. I can understand it more on return as you wouldn't want someone stranded out of country.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad