Pre-Game Talk: Western Conference Finals - Series Discussion (Bring on the Avs!)

Series prediction?

• Avalanche in 4

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Avalanche in 5

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Avalanche in 6

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Avalanche in 7

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 80 28.2%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 110 38.7%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Oilers in 4

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
We can argue all day about who’s players are greater… but McKinnon is definitely a world class talent, easily in the top 5 players in the world.. he’s awesome to watch. YES I like McD and Drai more, but I’m pumped to see this showdown….
Yep. There is going to be an incredible amount of talent on the ice this series.

Reactions: PBandJ

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Proof is sleeping with my oilers shirt lol
1653876599314.jpeg

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Lol does any Oiler fan really think we are the favourite?

That whole post screams over confidence… from Avs fans.

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch bozos. Calgary did that and look where it got them.
Exactly. They really think we are boasting. None of the sane fans have said we will beat the Avs. It'll all come down to getting them to feel over-confident and jump on any mistakes they do.

Reactions: PBandJ

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
A lot of Keith's brutal microstats happened against the Kings where he was literally dead last in the entire NHL in entry chances against and exit rates, and was getting beat wide quite a bit. They're actually a bit better than they were before after the Calgary series albeit still not great. Ceci and Nurse didn't exactly have the best microstats against the Kings either, which fits the eye test considering all 3 of these players had some abomination games vs LA, and were much better against Calgary.

Oh also Brett Kulak has been such a beast for us. Please re-sign.
Keith seems to be having trouble making quick passing decisions. He routinely double or triple clutches while trying to break out of the defensive zone or kick of a rush. It’s one thing to see an older player’s legs slow down or their hands leave them - that happens to everyone. I’m not sure I’ve seen such significantly slowed reads before, though. I hope he’s able to get past it for this series. The Avs are a much bigger threat than the Kings or Flames and the Oilers need him at his best.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
As long as smith is good and Edm can win some and not get swept I’ll be happy. The worst thing would be smith crumbling and the oil losing in 4. Lol.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I watched that sixth game avs vs blues, the blues really struggled to make simple passes. The avs had speed but they werent taking advantage of the blues the way you would of thought, I dont think the blues were playing with as much confidence as they had when binnington was in net either. And I still think it's a different out come if binnington wasn't injured.

I picked oilers in 5, if Smith can be average I think it's going to happen. We have gotten better with every game and woody has made adjustments.

Throw Holloway I'm for kassian FFs. He has been horribel

Reactions: Punished ROR

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
As long as smith is good and Edm can win some and not get swept I’ll be happy. The worst thing would be smith crumbling and the oil losing in 4. Lol.

Not happening. Kane/Hyman McDavid Drai line going to give them nightmares. "One Guy" is at the height of his powers, honestly believe he is going to will this team to a win. Jokingly said this team might win the Stanley cup beginning of this season now it's starting to look like a real possibility.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Why is the Avs board calling us all delusional? Lol it’s weird.

I see lots of tempered posts here. Kind of strange.

Oh well, I guess they think we’re supposed to just roll over and not cheer for our team. Can’t wait until we’re home and the atmosphere Is hostile as ****.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Oh well, I guess they think we’re supposed to just roll over and not cheer for our team. Can’t wait until we’re home and the atmosphere Is hostile as ****.
Like the Flames series we have a shot to win this and it should be a good series. Any team's fans expecting their team to get a free bingo card at this point in the playoffs is bordering on delusional. Let the Avs and their fans get overconfident and see what happens.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver

Idk I mean I said oilers in 4, I obviously know that’s not likely but are fans supposed to avoid looking stupid and pretend they’re some expert? Just have fun, I hope we win this as fast as possible so I’m just gonna go all in and hope for the best, which is a sweep.

Some people take themselves too seriously, we’re not in the media and even they take themselves too seriously. We’re spectators, just have fun and cheer them on

BeanBurrito

Nov 8, 2018
A lot of people saying the Oilers will be in trouble if they face a good goalie.

I think a lot of people are being hard on Markstrom, sure he wasn’t incredible but a lot of the goals he let in were McDraiKane doing magical things. Without looking at the stats, by my eyes he faced a lot more dangerous shots and had to make more difficult saves than Smith.

Just game 5 for example, without McDraiKane abusing him. The only bad one was PJ’s goal where he dropped the puck.

Nurse’s goal, went through bodies, his dman skated directly in front of him as it was released. Tough to stop.

Hyman’s goal, cross ice feed right to the far post, nothing he could have really done.

Bouch’s goal, again through multiple bodies and deflected off a skate.

McDavid’s goal in OT, sure he could have had it, maybe. But thats the best player in the world being allowed to walk right between the circles.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
A lot of people saying the Oilers will be in trouble if they face a good goalie.

I think a lot of people are being hard on Markstrom, sure he wasn’t incredible but a lot of the goals he let in were McDraiKane doing magical things. Without looking at the stats, by my eyes he faced a lot more dangerous shots and had to make more difficult saves than Smith.

Just game 5 for example, without McDraiKane abusing him. The only bad one was PJ’s goal where he dropped the puck.

Nurse’s goal, went through bodies, his dman skated directly in front of him as it was released. Tough to stop.

Hyman’s goal, cross ice feed right to the far post, nothing he could have really done.

Bouch’s goal, again through multiple bodies and deflected off a skate.

McDavid’s goal in OT, sure he could have had it, maybe. But thats the best player in the world being allowed to walk right between the circles.
Markstrom wasn’t bad at all. In fact he kept them in some of those games longer than they deserved. The Oilers when they show up and start well and are engaged are one of the best teams in the nhl. Been that way all year.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

I guess we all just imagined this lol

That's our 3rd best player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad