Pre-Game Talk: Western Conference Finals - Series Discussion (Bring on the Avs!)

Series prediction?

• Avalanche in 4

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Avalanche in 5

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Avalanche in 6

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Avalanche in 7

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 80 28.2%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 110 38.7%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Oilers in 4

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

the Keith part is the only part a bit concerning

Reminder that Drai and Nurse are doing this with a significant injury. Yes Nurse's has had a less than stellar playoffs by his standards but he's still a necessary part of the team and does a lot of things for us on both ends of the rink, certainly enough to outweight the bad.

What a joke Mackinnon is a star that's it can call him elite Generational lol 1st 4 years

GP82 63 pts
GP64 38 PTS
GP72 52 PTS
Gp82 53 pts
4th year in league he puts up 16 goals in 82 games real generational lmao
He's never even hit 100 points nor earned any individual accolades besides a Calder Trophy and 2nd team All Star lmfao. He has even less going for his case than Drai/Matthews/Kucherov, let alone touching McDavid. Cale Makar is the best player on that team.

Last edited:

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Brassard, I just didn't notice him at all. Not sure of his ice-time but it seemed to be insignificant. I've seen Foegle do the same thing every game. Down the wing , takes a shot, misses the net , deflected into the stands and then never seen or heard from again.
Woodcroft did mention in the last couple of days that he has all the confidence to put Holloway in. Basically he said that each of the extra forwards has their own set of tools and his decision on who to play will be based on the team's needs in the series. I bet he'll be in at some point.
Holloway's speed could potentially be a factor to put him up against a team like Colorado who can burn the jets too. Although debuting against arguably the best team in the league would be a huge challenge, hope Holloway takes that challenge by the horns.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I hope we see Holloway. I wish they'd post the practice lines every day.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I've noticed that Colorado has a lot of smaller forwards in their bottom six. Guys like Kassian, Foegel and Archibald need to take the body to them with lots of clean hits.

Reactions: oilers'72

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta

the Keith part is the only part a bit concerning

I wonder about some of the zone entry stats as Keith's linemate is Bouchard and they are polar opposites. I wonder if that is somewhat intentional?

Still some concerning stuff with respect to passes and turnovers, but could the numbers also mean Keith is playing a bit safer/conservative game while he let's Bouchard be more aggressive?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Toews is one of the best and was one of the most underrated dmen in the league (although he's finally getting the credit this year b/c points), 2 way beast and probably top 20 in NHL. Manson is a rich man's Adam Larsson (aka pretty one dimensional and bad).
I don’t think Manson is as good as Larsson

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I wonder about some of the zone entry stats as Keith's linemate is Bouchard and they are polar opposites. I wonder if that is somewhat intentional?

Still some concerning stuff with respect to passes and turnovers, but could the numbers also mean Keith is playing a bit safer/conservative game while he let's Bouchard be more aggressive?

Yes, I think these stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. Depends on the role on the pairing or forward trio.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I think with binnington it's a toss up whether the avs even make it past st Louis based on their second round history

Reactions: Punished ROR

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

A lot of Keith's brutal microstats happened against the Kings where he was literally dead last in the entire NHL in entry chances against and exit rates, and was getting beat wide quite a bit. They're actually a bit better than they were before after the Calgary series albeit still not great. Ceci and Nurse didn't exactly have the best microstats against the Kings either, which fits the eye test considering all 3 of these players had some abomination games vs LA, and were much better against Calgary.

Oh also Brett Kulak has been such a beast for us. Please re-sign.

Reactions: Biltmore

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Not to mention the Oilers just took a big ol' steamer on two guys with 104 and 115 pts on the same team, more than MacKinnon has ever scored. "You're about to see a lot of him" is unintentionally funny in that context.

Yup. Are Gaudreau and Tkachuk generational too? I don’t think any Flames fans would make those claims (unless it’s OKG but that guy has delusion down to a science)

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
We can argue all day about who’s players are greater… but McKinnon is definitely a world class talent, easily in the top 5 players in the world.. he’s awesome to watch. YES I like McD and Drai more, but I’m pumped to see this showdown….

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Did anyone get selected for the priority playoff ticket buy this round ? If not does anyone know when they are drawing ???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad