Post-Game Talk: We're Frauds!!!!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I dont expect a coaching change so I'm hoping for few upgrades on D, and couple of them up front. Get Byram for a full season, get rid of Graves and Nemeth. Girard is too small, he can't be counted on to shut down a opposition like Vegas, gonna need a bigger D who can fill in that role, have Girard be a offensive guy maybe. Or trade Girard for Seth Jones how about that?

Reactions: flyfysher

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
If I had a chance to do what should've been done...

X - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Saad - X - X
Newhook - X - Nichushkin
X - Jost - X

Toews - Makar
X - X
Byram - Girard
Timmins

X
Francouz
For a President Trophy team, there's a lot of "X's" there. We need an entire second line and a entire second pairing defence. Pathetic.

Bahahaha…

Oh man. And with the way we draft. How Sakic screwed up getting gifted Mac and Makar. Unreal.

Reactions: S E P H

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
All of the complaining here about Girard, Graves, Kadri, etc. misses a key point. Swap Fleury and Grubauer and the Avs win this series. MAF came up big when his team needed him and Grubs crapped the bed.

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
Pretty much apathy from me tonight.

Vegas was just better. Sure wish the Avs had their second line center present and playing like one.

It’s a missed opportunity and it sucks but I never once thought this was the Avs best chance at a cup.

My #1 want this offseason (outside of resigning our three big guys) is replacing Kadri with a legit 2c that can support MacKinnon.
True true

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
To be fair, a few of us called it during the season series against Vegas and we're slaughtered on the forum. I didn't expect a cup win but wanted more of a fight. MacKinnon talking now but we're were the fighting words during the series.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
All of the complaining here about Girard, Graves, Kadri, etc. misses a key point. Swap Fleury and Grubauer and the Avs win this series. MAF came up big when his team needed him and Grubs crapped the bed.

I do not agree. Girard failed to clear pucks, failed to clear the front of the net all the time against this big goon team. Graves really reminded me of a slow moving bag of sand. Couldn't do a damned thing with the puck, couldn't skate. Nemeth is obviously gone, a tough pylon. These three lost us every game!

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Seriously it's not that bad. I'm confident in saying if the Avs had EJ instead of Graves, Byram instead of Nemeth, also had Kadri and Calvert, they would beat Vegas. They had their full complete team, Avs didn't. It is troubling though this team is never complete, there is always some key pieces missing, gotta change that. Teams that go all the way usually have their entire team,.minus maybe one key player or non at all.. Avs are just missing too many key pieces every year

Being available to play is a talent unto itself. The Avs are completely devoid of that.

Reactions: The Moops

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Goaltending was even. Fleury allowed his share of softies like Saad's goal in game 5, and he allowed few others for sure. Avs lost because Vegas played a smarter, bigger, tougher hockey. That why Avs have to get bigger and tougher for the playoffs

Reactions: hailbird

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
Makar is far from my blame list personally, but he was also far from being the best defender in this series as well.

Well when we pay Landeskog 9 million a year to kill plays at a 70% success rate, we're going to come back to this series with a huge dagger in our heart with the words R E G R E T printed on it. Landeskog isn't even a good player for majority of the time anymore, it's brutal that Avs are going to screw themselves just because he's captain. Like how they kept playing Iginla and Beauchemin just because they were veterans, this sort of rubbish.
Like I said, big big decisions

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain

Disagree. Fleury looked average. The Vegas D got the puck out of the zone, the Avs turned the puck over and created chances for Vegss to capitalize and they did just that.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Goaltending was even. Fleury allowed his share of softies like Saad's goal in game 5, and he allowed few others for sure. Avs lost because Vegas played a smarter, bigger, tougher hockey. That why Avs have to get bigger and tougher for the playoffs
He was the difference tonight. He stoned the Avs early in the 3rd and Grubauer let in every chance and even a floater from the blue line.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Being available to play is a talent unto itself. The Avs are completely devoid of that.
I agree, that's why I'm saying Sakic needs to make changes, bring in guys that you know will be there and perform in the playoffs. Go get a Killorn because Tampa won't be able to keep him unless they put Kucherov on LTIR again for entire season

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
Yup. #NotCupContenders been saying it all year. Everyone said this team was going to be judged in the playoffs. Well Playoffs have now come and gone. Its time to judge.

The amount of no shows this series and the lack of urgency in Games 3 and 4 killed them. Blowing leads in every game except games 1 and 4 killed them. Mackinnon ghosting killed them. Graves, Nemeth, Girard thats half the Avs d killed them. Grubabuer shitting the bed in a must win game killed them. Jared Bednar NOT playing Bo killed them.

Positive. I liked Connor Timmins. I liked Brandon Saad alot.
Put up or shut up time for organisation. This core can't win it all let alone get out of the 2nd round. Do u sign Landy or let him walk? Try to acquire Seth, rebuild 2nd and fourth line

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
He was the difference tonight. He stoned the Avs early in the 3rd and Grubauer let in every chance and even a floater from the blue line.
I agree, but the Avs also had enough leads to win games and win the series where turnovers killed them and it wasn't Grubauer's fault

Reactions: hailbird

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What is the option in net? Since acquiring Varly in 2011 for the Forsberg first round pick in 2012 what have the Avs done to develop a goalie internally?

pass on Carter Hart in round 2 in 2016 after having Varly for 5 seasons? Not trade up for Owttinger in 2017?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad