Post-Game Talk: We're Frauds!!!!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We are f***ing frauds!!!! Absolutely and pathetic joke of a team. There's worse teams out there like the Leafs, but who gives a shit when we're in the same rubbish bin they're in.

I'm done with this team, they're just going to pull the same shit next year and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and then have to do a retool because the cap is to f***ing messed up.

Everyone should be ashamed, Sakic, coaching staff, scouts, pro scouts, Charlotte Grahame. Frauds.

We're getting a UrinatingTree video for sure and absolutely deserve it. Pieces of shit team.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Pretty much apathy from me tonight.

Vegas was just better. Sure wish the Avs had their second line center present and playing like one.

It’s a missed opportunity and it sucks but I never once thought this was the Avs best chance at a cup.

My #1 want this offseason (outside of resigning our three big guys) is replacing Kadri with a legit 2c that can support MacKinnon.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pretty much apathy from me tonight.

Vegas was just better. Sure wish the Avs had their second line center present and playing like one.

It’s a missed opportunity and it sucks but I never once thought this was the Avs best chance at a cup.
For how good Vegas is, Avs should be beating them plain and simple. MacKinnon should be better than Stone and Makar should've been the best defender out of either team. We're not going anywhere, this was the year and they blew it.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
We don’t have any words and we know you don’t want to hear them.

We understand your anger, your frustration, your sadness. Everything you’re feeling – we get it.

This isn’t the ending we imagined, and certainly not the one we wanted. Thank you for being there the entire way.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Keep calling me a size queen.

Keep telling me I overrate Mark Stone.

Keep telling me skill and speed wins.

Keep telling me the most important thing from a defenseman is his ability to make an outlet pass.

Keep telling me my ideas are outdated every summer.

Keep watching us lose to less “skilled” teams like Minnesota, Nashville, Dallas, San Jose, and Vegas.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
For how good Vegas is, Avs should be beating them plain and simple. MacKinnon should be better than Stone and Makar should've been the best defender out of either team. We're not going anywhere, this was the year and they blew it.
Yep. I saw a lot of Makar is the best defender in the league. Pietrangelo made him look like the young buck he is.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I mean, I’m a glass half empty “realist”, & utterly dejected, but I’m not at fandom over. That ship sailed between 2009-‘13. What can I say? I’m a masochist.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A lot of my interest in this team has been lost the last few days.
Pretty much, don't give a damn about the draft, free agency, or trades. If the team with this much talent can't even get to a game 7 after conducting the same f***ing mistakes they did against the Wild and Sharks WITH DIFFERENT TEAMS then there is no hope at all in this core. When your best player is pretty much the worst then you're never going places. Nathan MacFirstPlayoffRound and nothing more.

f9f70a9146e747e9483b5175a9b44073.jpg

Here is the reason why I am probably going to skip a lot of games next season.

Reactions: Nucker101

Shinjuku Calling

Jun 20, 2017
Correct. Gutless team, can never get going when the going gets tough. Not even close.
shame I couldn't post in the GDT lol.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Said it before and will say it again, get an experienced coach who's won a series and will give us some structure instead of free-wheeling in the defense. The amount of giveaways was inexcusable, the space Vegas' dmen had in our zone was not adjusted at all since game TWO.

I don't know if Julien is the guy since obviously we aren't getting Gallant but Sakic needs to due his diligence because just swapping a couple wingers and dmen is not gonna do the job if we bring back the same coaching staff.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Tonight I was numb. The real dagger that went straight to the heart was game 5.

Not showing up in games 3 and 4 lost them the series. They thought it would be easy after the undeserved win in game 2,

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
We were the better team tonight but Vegas was the best team in this series.

I don't know where this team was in games 3 and 4. Not on the ice that's for sure. Those two games were so embarrasing that we deserve to go home.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I hate to be the voice of optimism, but they played a damn good hockey game tonight.

Grubauer allowed 5 goals on 22 shots. You just can’t win like that. It’s basically impossible.

The Avs completely stunk in games 3/4 of this series, but they played well other than that. They’ll need to make some adjustments in the off-season though, of course.

duckbear

Mar 31, 2016
We don't know how to win.

I thought we were the better team for large parts of Games 5 and 6, but we are just too damn fragile and panic under pressure. Unforced and forced errors just killed us. Knights deserve to win because of it I mean, they applied the pressure, but at the same time our puck management just shouldn't be such a disaster. It's like we play every second of the game the same (trying to score), even when we are ahead and there are safer plays, or when the period is ending and really we should just be trying to get the puck out.

Girard and Nemeth are major liabilities. Nemeth was just an awful pickup, and may have directly cost us the series. Girard can't defend when he is pressured. He is just too small. He was exploited just as much or more than Nemeth this series, and I love the guy but if it were me I'd be looking to move on from him. I could see a deal with Columbus for Jones as the main pieces really benefitting us and them (under a great contract for years). I strongly doubt Sakic has the kahonas to actually move him though.

Centre depth is an issue. Specifically Jost needs to learn how to take a faceoff, or move to wing. Compher needs to move to wing. Neither guy was bad, but those would be immediate improvements to our team. Woulda been nice if Kadri wasn't suspended, but it's fitting that he didn't get to play another game this year. I think we move on from him as well if we can.

Can't understand some of Bednar's decisions, like putting Makar and Girard on the ice together in a tied game. Honestly, can't understand why Girard wasn't glued to Toews side since he seems to be the only one he really clicks with. Nemeth on the ice at all killed me. Shoulda just rolled 5D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad