Post-Game Talk: We're Frauds!!!!

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We are f***ing frauds!!!! Absolutely and pathetic joke of a team. There's worse teams out there like the Leafs, but who gives a shit when we're in the same rubbish bin they're in.

I'm done with this team, they're just going to pull the same shit next year and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and then have to do a retool because the cap is to f***ing messed up.

Everyone should be ashamed, Sakic, coaching staff, scouts, pro scouts, Charlotte Grahame. Frauds.

We're getting a UrinatingTree video for sure and absolutely deserve it. Pieces of shit team.
Yup. #NotCupContenders been saying it all year. Everyone said this team was going to be judged in the playoffs. Well Playoffs have now come and gone. Its time to judge.

The amount of no shows this series and the lack of urgency in Games 3 and 4 killed them. Blowing leads in every game except games 1 and 4 killed them. Mackinnon ghosting killed them. Graves, Nemeth, Girard thats half the Avs d killed them. Grubabuer shitting the bed in a must win game killed them. Jared Bednar NOT playing Bo killed them.

Positive. I liked Connor Timmins. I liked Brandon Saad alot.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That was EJ's job.
Hes done

I don't see how that helps Girard in the postseason. There will always be instances he's the first player to the boards and will have to get retrieve the puck. He's played with EJ for half his career and that didn't help Girard from still sucking when push came to shove.

He may figure it out, but i'd seriously look at using him as a key trade chip if we can land a player like Eichel, Couts, or Jones in return.
He gets beat up more on the right side and you need a bigger mobile guy who can be relied upon retrieve the puck on that side. It would cut the physical toll he takes dramatically.

EJ isn’t that mobile nowadays and is always injured. EJ at 26 would have been perfect.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Byram and Girard ARE your second pairing, better marry yourself to that now. We’ll be lucky as shit if we get Graves out of that role.
After the playoffs he just had, he has to have his role reduced and protected on the third pairing after getting abused like it was that South Park episode of kids versus the Red Wings.

I've seen Byram in real life, he's at least three seasons away of actually putting on his NHL frame. He's still very much skin and bones who's getting by with nothing except his talent.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
My biggest fear here is MacKinnon’s contract coming up in two years. If the Avs don’t find a way to get past the second round and find some kind of success in the next two years I don’t really understand what MacKinnon’s loyalty to Colorado would be.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
My biggest fear here is MacKinnon’s contract coming up in two years. If the Avs don’t find a way to get past the second round and find some kind of success in the next two years I don’t really understand what MacKinnon’s loyalty to Colorado would be.

He's gonna go join Sid for a final cup run in Pittsburgh. Book it. I guarantee you he has dreams about it.

Reactions: xbestboybandever

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

This is a huge fear. Obviously Colorado offers "the franchise" the most money, but Mack wants silver, not gold. He has to be Captain, then he'll likely stay even if Colorado doesn't win.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015

I can see him taking a one year deal in Pitt to win one with Sid.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
How about Bednar?

I think I’m leaning towards keeping him.

Honestly, he might have cost the team the series with his lineup decisions which is disturbing, but I do think he’s a good tactical coach.

I’ll listen to others thoughts on Bednar though, because maybe his voice is getting a bit stale for this group. He’s been around them a long time.

He’s been dealt a shit hand with injuries and suspensions too. So yeah, I’m leaning towards keeping him, but I’ll certainly listen to the other side of the argument. I wouldn’t say I’m completely entrenched in my views on this one.

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
Blame Game Tier

1) Bednar unable to adjust for 3 games straight 2,3 and 4. If Avs played like they did in 5 and 6 they would have won.

2) Sakic for trading for trash in Soda and Nemo.

3) The NHL for giving Kadri 8 games instead of 6 (should have been less Tuch's hit on Mackinnon today was just as bad as Kadri's hit just different result). This poor decision cost fan a quality series.

4) Kadri for being an idiot his whole career.

5) Sakic again for trading for Kadri

Gotta trade Kadri in the off season if anyone is dumb enough to take him. Have to leave him exposed if no one does to protect Nuke or someone else.

And for crying out loud sign Saad if his asking price is reasonable the guy is money in playoffs.

Last edited:

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
I think I’m leaning towards keeping him.

Honestly, he might have cost the team the series with his lineup decisions which is disturbing, but I do think he’s a good tactical coach.

I’ll listen to others thoughts on Bednar though, because maybe his voice is getting a bit stale for this group. He’s been around them a long time.

He’s been dealt a shit hand with injuries and suspensions too. So yeah, I’m leaning towards keeping him, but I’ll certainly listen to the other side of the argument. I wouldn’t say I’m completely entrenched in my views on this one.
I think he's a really good coach but I think it is time for a change. Then again...people said that about Jon Cooper too until the lightning won their cup so what do I know

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Keep calling me a size queen.

Keep telling me I overrate Mark Stone.

Keep telling me skill and speed wins.

Keep telling me the most important thing from a defenseman is his ability to make an outlet pass.

Keep telling me my ideas are outdated every summer.

Keep watching us lose to less “skilled” teams like Minnesota, Nashville, Dallas, San Jose, and Vegas.
Been saying this for years.
But "the game has changed to a more skill game"
Not in a seven game series it hasn't. It's easier to bog down a skill game than open up a grindy one.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
He gets beat up more on the right side and you need a bigger mobile guy who can be relied upon retrieve the puck on that side. It would cut the physical toll he takes dramatically.

EJ isn’t that mobile nowadays and is always injured. EJ at 26 would have been perfect.

I just don't see how it's any different moving forward regardless of who Girard plays with. EJ is always injured and less mobile these days, but he's played in the last 2 postseasons as Girard's partner iirc and that didn't help him step up. It can mitigate how much Girard gets beat up and cut the physical toll, but he's still always going to be a liability in tighter, physical games. He has no net front presence, no board presence, and has very little poise in the playoffs.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Bednar has to takes responsibility for playing Graves and Nemeth, when the game comes down to one mistake those two have cost the team at least one goal in every game.

Reactions: kchan9

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Yup. #NotCupContenders been saying it all year. Everyone said this team was going to be judged in the playoffs. Well Playoffs have now come and gone. Its time to judge.

The amount of no shows this series and the lack of urgency in Games 3 and 4 killed them. Blowing leads in every game except games 1 and 4 killed them. Mackinnon ghosting killed them. Graves, Nemeth, Girard thats half the Avs d killed them. Grubabuer shitting the bed in a must win game killed them. Jared Bednar NOT playing Bo killed them.

Positive. I liked Connor Timmins. I liked Brandon Saad alot.

Things have gone bad if I agree with you on every point after a loss.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Been saying this for years.
But "the game has changed to a more skill game"
Not in a seven game series it hasn't. It's easier to bog down a skill game than open up a grindy one.
You can still play a skilled game so long as your skill players arent little midgets. Tampa bay has a bunch of skill with meat on them.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Seriously it's not that bad. I'm confident in saying if the Avs had EJ instead of Graves, Byram instead of Nemeth, also had Kadri and Calvert, they would beat Vegas. They had their full complete team, Avs didn't. It is troubling though this team is never complete, there is always some key pieces missing, gotta change that. Teams that go all the way usually have their entire team,.minus maybe one key player or non at all.. Avs are just missing too many key pieces every year

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I just don't see how it's any different moving forward regardless of who Girard plays with. EJ is always injured and less mobile these days, but he's played in the last 2 postseasons as Girard's partner iirc and that didn't help him step up. It can mitigate how much Girard gets beat up and cut the physical toll, but he's still always going to be a liability in tighter, physical games. He has no net front presence, no board presence, and has very little poise in the playoffs.

EJ has been a shell of his former self for a while. I’ve called it out many times. He hasn’t been and isn’t the right guy then or now. 5 years ago he would have been.

Girard has his negatives, but you can’t make a player something they aren’t, you have to compliment.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Pretty much apathy from me tonight.

Vegas was just better. Sure wish the Avs had their second line center present and playing like one.

It’s a missed opportunity and it sucks but I never once thought this was the Avs best chance at a cup.

My #1 want this offseason (outside of resigning our three big guys) is replacing Kadri with a legit 2c that can support MacKinnon.

How is this not our best chance? Grubs/Landy on sweetheart deals, Makar on his rookie deal. Those 3 alone will cost 14-16 million more then this year.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Pretty much, don't give a damn about the draft, free agency, or trades. If the team with this much talent can't even get to a game 7 after conducting the same f***ing mistakes they did against the Wild and Sharks WITH DIFFERENT TEAMS then there is no hope at all in this core. When your best player is pretty much the worst then you're never going places. Nathan MacFirstPlayoffRound and nothing more.

f9f70a9146e747e9483b5175a9b44073.jpg

Here is the reason why I am probably going to skip a lot of games next season.

Amen.

And it all starts with Sakic. Watching this slow motion off season will be torture.

Reactions: jabubenice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad