Post-Game Talk: We're Frauds!!!!

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Its ok you can say it. He was brutal. 1 goal in 10 games is simply not good enough for secondary scoring. Contrast that with what Vegas second line did and that's why they are playing and the Avs are golfing.

Bura needs a proper center, he's a complimentary player and cannot drive the play by himself. Yes he was brutal, as you say, and the reason why is clear. JTC is not a 2C, Newhook would have done better as our 2C in the vegas series.

Reactions: flyfysher

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Yeah… but last playoffs he had 17 points in 15 games. I don’t necessarily think it’s a Burakovsky issue, just that with your depth guys, sometimes they’re hot and sometimes they’re not. You just kinda hope they don’t all go cold at the same time.

I mostly blame the top guys for our early exit. Those are the guys you need on the board pretty much every night. They went ice cold in the middle of the series. They started to figure things out towards the end so I’m not too concerned moving forward. But it is going to sit in the back of my mind for all of next season.

When a guy who paces for 30G 30A is available for a 2nd + 3rd rounder and signs at 5m he has serious downside. Its hard to blame Burakovsky for being who his is. If he played mistake free or scored more consistently he'd be a sitting at 7m or would have cost another first rounder to buy.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Nothing out there suggests Jones has Colorado on his mind. The only article out there I can find is Dater saying the Avs should go after him.

If Seth Jones wants to come to the Avs, they should try to get him

When it comes to anything reported by Elliotte Friedman, take it to the bank. Elliotte said on “Hockey Night in Canada” Hot Stove last night that Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Seth Jones would “love” to be traded to either Colorado or Dallas. Jones has already informed the Blue Jackets that he is not interested in signing a long-term extension with Columbus. He has one year left on his contract.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012

If Jones wants to come to the Avs, then Sakic should go for it. I also absolutely hate the idea of giving up on Byram but if you're getting Jones on an extension, it'd be crazy not to do that deal, especially if you can acquire Merzlikins too.

The mock that Northern Avs Fan posted in the trade forum yesterday is the one that I would go with. It keeps this team's identity although I would pay extra money to dump Kadri's contract and replace him with someone like Hertl. That 2C is the issue.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
100. Jones can get you the offense you lose with Girard but also give you 25 minutes a night of solid two way hockey. He can kill penalties and play on your PP. He also solves that right side for you in a hurry. Jones had a down year but so did a lot of Jacket players. The team was brutal and obviously tuned out Torts. If there is a way to get Jones here without losing Bo you do it.

Good point. Jones led Columbus in PK time averaging 1:58 a game.

Played about 350 more minutes than anyone else on their PK too.

Even more reason to pursue him as it takes away some minutes from Graves and everyone else. Graves was 3rd in the league in average PK last year averaging 3:19. That's way too much for him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Good point. Jones led Columbus in PK time averaging 1:58 a game.

Played about 350 more minutes than anyone else on their PK too.

Even more reason to pursue him as it takes away some minutes from Graves and everyone else. Graves was 3rd in the league in average PK last year averaging 3:19. That's way too much for him.
About 3:19 too much for him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We were chasing all night and were obviously the most desperate team since we were facing elimination. Yet, it looked like Vegas could score at any moment they wanted/needed.

Even in game 5, where we were the better team for 2 periods, Vegas had no trouble tying the game easily in the third. Like taking candy from a baby.

It was men against boys after game 1.

Avs were up 1-0 and Vegas didn't make it 2-1 until late in the first.

By chasing you mean they had the puck all night and were pushing to score? If that's the case then how is there an argument for Vegas outplaying the Avs in game 6? You don't outplay a team if you're just sitting back all game and finish with only 23 shots.

High danger chances were even except for a two shot advantage by Vegas in the first, which means the Avs most likely had the advantage all game since we know the Vegas stat keeper was juicing their stats.

Avs also won the corsi every period.

1st - 57.19%
2nd - 55.18%
3rd - 53.85%

The Avs lost game 6 due to mistakes and Vegas capitalizing on them. Just like in game 5. Not because they got outplayed in games 5 and 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad