Post-Game Talk: Well that sucked - Isles 4, Devils 1

HF Devils Three Stars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Tennyson was horrible today. Zacha can't be in the top 9 once our guys come back

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
Because we are capable of taking things with context. LIS, lots of hyperbole.
What context is there for him attempting 15 slappers in a game?

what context is there for his non stop stick tapping cause guys to turn the puck over?

what context is there for him being arguably the worst dman in the league last year?

please, explain. I guess I need someone to put those 3 things into perspective, because to me it just seems like a really bad, selfish hockey player

Reactions: mdj12784

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
I want to see Maltsev in for Kuokkonen next game. Maltsev really impressed me in the final scrimmage. Kuokkonen has done next to nothing. He had a great chance to take it to the net in the 3rd today, and instead decided to pass it to a perfectly covered Bastian which was easily defended.

Obviously the whole 2nd line has been awful but we don’t have enough reinforcements to do anything about that yet. I guess we could give Merkley a try on Zajac’s line and bump Wood or Boqvist up.

We should at least shake the lines up a bit. Sharangovich has been very quiet the last couple games - might be worth bumping him down to the middle 6. Problem is, no one really deserves his spot. I’d probably give Johnsson or Goose a look there by default if we go that route

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I want to see Maltsev in for Kuokkonen next game. Maltsev really impressed me in the final scrimmage. Kuokkonen has done next to nothing. He had a great chance to take it to the net in the 3rd today, and instead decided to pass it to a perfectly covered Bastian which was easily defended.

Obviously the whole 2nd line has been awful but we don’t have enough reinforcements to do anything about that yet. I guess we could give Merkley a try on Zajac’s line and bump Wood or Boqvist up.

We should at least shake the lines up a bit. Sharangovich has been very quiet the last couple games - might be worth bumping him down to the middle 6. Problem is, no one really deserves his spot. I’d probably give Johnsson or Goose a look there by default if we go that route
I don’t think we can bring up Merkley or Maltsev unless there is a roster transaction. i.e. one of Tennyson, Carrick or Butcher goes on waivers and gets reassigned to taxi squad. Or someone from active roster goes on IR, which could be Blackwood.

I think Butcher and Carrick should both play next game. We need to make a decision on who to keep up and who to assign on taxi squad. We have have given Tennyson a look and he was OK. But it’s now time to see if Butcher and/or Carrick can do a better job? They probably need to be given at least a 3 game look. It’s limiting our flexibility with changes to forward lineup carrying 8 defenseman.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I said it in the GDT and I'll say it here....

Bratt makes Zacha effective. Am I wrong?

Without him, he is like a boat without a paddle.
No I don’t want to see Zacha with Bratt again because it forces him to a top 6 role.

I think Zacha can be effective with Zajac and Wood. Boqvist gets promoted to play with Hughes and Palms.

Sharangovich centres the Gusev line until Hischier is available again.

Reactions: glenwo2

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Could Bahl be any WORSE than Subban?
Yes. He’s not ready.

I’m really starting to dislike the Subban hate on these boards. He wasn’t THAT bad today. I thought Severson was just as bad and no one is calling for him to be taken out of the lineup.

Ruff is a smart coach. He will soon realize that Smith should QB the PP and he will make the switch with Subban soon. He’s playing it smart and safe with his roster decisions. You don’t want to overwhelm Smith too fast and too soon. Let him grow into the role. I’m happy for Subban to eat minutes for the time being. Again I don’t think he has been that bad.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This team desperately misses Nico in a game like this. He could neutralize Barzal and create some sustained time in the NYI zone. He’s not afraid to play with some physicality or at least not let the NYI physical play impede him. Mercer can’t get here fast enough to play with him.

Reactions: SYWTom

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Bum of the game - MSG Networks audio crew, good lord listening to the audio being ahead of the video the entire game was annoying.

Hearing the PING! off the post while the puck is halfway towards the goal (IF that), all the while watching that shit show, AND having to watch RedDevilsDude during commercial breaks - it all made for a very nice evening. :popcorn:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Quick breakdown of who's on the ice for the 10 goals against this year. It's easy to go through the highlights on youtube, some unfortunate goals, some total gong shows.
Subban 7 (3 PK, 1 PP).
Severson 6 (3 PK)
Kulikov 3 (3 PK
Murray 3 (1 PK)
Smith 1 ES
Tennyson 0

Reactions: MartyOwns

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Isles are just a far better team at this point. Hardly surprising. Take the L and move on.

That said, hurry the f*** back Mac...

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad