Post-Game Talk: Well that sucked - Isles 4, Devils 1

HF Devils Three Stars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Gotta feel for wedge knowing that a bad game tonight means his nhl career is probably toast unless an extreme emergency came up.

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
If Blackwood did test positive we aren't exactly out of the woods yet, there could be more on the way.
We have a much bigger problem if we need 47 save Blackwood to be out of the woods on a nightly basis. The team is awful. We didn’t deserve to win against the rangers... if you watched the game you know that

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
Damn, he caused two 5 on 5 goals in 4 games while playing 25+ minutes a night? Cut him.

I’m not even going to respond to the nickname bit.
So... to be clear...

You think him constantly calling for the puck and, keep reading cause this is important:

Thinking the only play, every play, in the offensive zone is a slap shot. You don’t think the amount of poor shots he’s taken every game is a problem? This isn’t the 1980s. Slap shots aren’t the only way to score goals, in fact they rarely go in. (Especially when there is 2-3 defenders in the shooting lane)

you can’t be serious

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
to be honest, the only things I care about this season is the young guys looking good and for the most part, they have so far...and that is especially impressive considering that we're without our 1C, top 6 wing, and probably our 3rd or 4th best Dman

Hughes, Smith and Blackwood have all far exceeded my expectations....lets hope they can keep it up because those 3 with Nico, Bratt, and the young guys like Holtz/Mercer about to break in is the foundation of something pretty nice

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We have a much bigger problem if we need 47 save Blackwood to be out of the woods on a nightly basis. The team is awful. We didn’t deserve to win against the rangers... if you watched the game you know that
I watched the game and we were the much better team in the 1st and then took way too many penalties. The game was mostly even at 5 on 5. Jack was the best player in that game. We deserved to win the game because last I checked the goalie is a part of the team.

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
Gotta feel for wedge knowing that a bad game tonight means his nhl career is probably toast unless an extreme emergency came up.
This thought was going through my head all game. We were all bummed out but imagine how he must feel? They don’t get too many chances to prove their case and the team just laid a massive egg in front of him. He would of had to have had the game of his life to keep the devils in it.

Palms should personally contribute money to his retirement fund.

Reactions: nugg and glenwo2

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
So... to be clear...

You think him constantly calling for the puck and, keep reading cause this is important:

Thinking the only play, every play, in the offensive zone is a slap shot. You don’t think the amount of poor shots he’s taken every game is a problem? This isn’t the 1980s. Slap shots aren’t the only way to score goals, in fact they rarely go in. (Especially when there is 2-3 defenders in the shooting lane)

you can’t be serious
He needs to be better at getting his shot through to the net, yes. He has been mostly fine this season in an extremely difficult role. I’m not sure you’re grasping how difficult it is to log those minutes on a bad team.

He is clearly not worth what he’s paid but he’s not totally finished. He’s mediocre.

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
I watched the game and we were the much better team in the 1st and then took way too many penalties. The game was mostly even at 5 on 5. Jack was the best player in that game. We deserved to win the game because last I checked the goalie is a part of the team.
We gave up over 20 shots in back to back periods... but you’re right man we played great!

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
PK needs to go.

the constant stick tapping in the offensive zone is pathetic

what’s even more pathetic is that PK subban thinks the only play in the offensive zone EVERY TIME he’s on the ice is for him to take a slap shot. It’s infuriating to watch. I’d rather bring Brian strait in from the scouting department than watch 1 more game of pk

last year it was the spinoramas. This year it’s the constant slap shots. He’s a very low IQ player, and everyone knows what he’s going to do before he does it. He’s a f***ing bum and deserves to sit for ANYONE on the taxi squad. I officially hate him. Tried to give it time but he’s a f***ing dud

Seriously. It's a giveaway every time too. He needs to receive the pass and observe his options.

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
He needs to be better at getting his shot through to the net, yes. He has been mostly fine this season in an extremely difficult role. I’m not sure you’re grasping how difficult it is to log those minutes on a bad team.

He is clearly not worth what he’s paid but he’s not totally finished. He’s mediocre.
Or, hear me out on this one... he can just not take a slap shot every time he touches the puck. Crazy concept I know, but there’s more to hockey than PK taking bad slap shots. He’s not going to get them through when there’s 2-3 guys in the shooting lane

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
Seriously. It's a giveaway every time too. He needs to receive the pass and observe his options.
I don’t even have THAT much of a problem with how he’s been defensively. But he’s just killing plays on offense at this point

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Weird, rangers were 2/6 on the PP
Weird, context matters, not the number. 6 or 7 power plays, doesn't matter. It's still a shit ton of PPs over a 2 period time frame. You're overreacting tonight because we lost to a better team with our back-up AHL level goalie.

I don't know what you expect but your handle fits. Lots of hyperbole coming out of your keyboard this evening.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I was referring to the fact if he's positive then more positive tests could come down the pike in the next few days. Just cause guys test negative now, doesn't mean they aren't gonna be negative in a few days.

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
Weird, context matters, not the number. 6 or 7 power plays, doesn't matter. It's still a shit ton of PPs over a 2 period time frame. You're overreacting tonight because we lost to a better team with our back-up AHL level goalie.

I don't know what you expect but your handle fits. Lots of hyperbole coming out of your keyboard this evening.
I didn’t have any expectations and I still don’t, we’re missing 2 of our best forwards.

4 games in and we’ve played a full 60 minutes once. That’s just a fact... and for the record it doesn’t matter who was in goal tonight, it was a loss.

the first goal definitely deflated the team, Wedgewood had some of the worst positioning I’ve ever seen on that one... entire blocker side open. Five hole open. High/low glove open. He was a shooter tutor for sure, but he also made some big stops.

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
I was referring to the fact if he's positive then more positive tests could come down the pike in the next few days. Just cause guys test negative now, doesn't mean they aren't gonna be negative in a few days.
I don’t even want to think about that... that would be a true nightmare. We’re at the point where I don’t even want to know how we look if one more key player comes out of the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad