Post-Game Talk: Well that sucked - Isles 4, Devils 1

HF Devils Three Stars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Butcher-Subban? might as well just go 4 D all game
Be patient I think with the current lineup. Getting in the 2 zip hole against them doomed us.

The second goal was the back breaker, I thought, with seconds left in the first period. McLeod line needed to get off about 20 seconds sooner. They got caught out there gassed, trying to do too much. It may have been a coaching mistake? We need to learn to manage the game at the end of a period.

Not sure whether to fault Wedgewood on the Barzal goal. Perfect shot and we let him come into the zone at top speed. Could Wedgewood have been out a hair more on the angle? Sometimes you’ve got to tip your hat to a shooter. Wish we had stopped that rush and made him surrender the puck somewhere up ice.

I will be interested in whether we play them better Sunday night. This could be a good game to learn from.

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
You are spot on with PK. I have always disliked the stick tapping as well. It rushes the player with the puck who is looking for play options, and often results in a turnover panic panic pass. I think PK needs to be coached. He has never been disciplined and this is why he wound up with us.
My concern here is this.

If the PK slap shots weren’t drawn up, I feel as though ruff would have torn him a new one by now.

the guy actually attempted close to 15 slap shots tonight. That’s totally unacceptable. The stick tapping is another... like how has nobody on the team Called him out and asked him to stop?

I think he still has the ego/presence of a star while playing like a trash can, and I have to imagine it pisses guys off. I think getting rid of him would be an immediate improvement and a lot of our guys would play looser.

he’s a cancer, I’ve seen enough

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Palms needs to wake the F up.
He is supposed to be a leader of this team and is supposed to be the trigger man on his line.
Going larger stretches of doing nothing at all is garbage.
I know he is a fan favourite and local kid, but he is too inconsistent and when he is not scoring , he is just taking up space . Makes some very dumb decisions with and without the puck and has caused more goals than he has contributed to.
I do NOT want him resigned. Palms on the decline is not something I want to see. It’s not like he is amazing when he’s not scoring and brings anything else to the game .

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
@Auto Pilot did you just post a twitter link saying you guess Mac was positive? The link said unavailable and when I tried to respond asking what it said the post was gone already

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
Toronto media is a perfect username choice
Yeah, but unfortunately this isn’t an overreaction. He has been problematic since the day he got here...

do you really think jack Hughes enjoyed the nickname “lil :eek::eek::eek::eek:y” as an 18 year old coming into the league?

do you really think PK wasn’t a complete liability last season?

this season 2 of the 3 5 on 5 goals we’ve given up have been DIRECTLY on PK.

again, total cancer and awful hockey player

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
Disappointing results but expected vs a team as good as the Isles.

Devils need to tread water until Nico/Bratt/Vats return.

Thought that Hughes looked dynamic in spurts tonight. He is already the best player on the Devils besides MBW.

Smith continues to impress, looks like the Devils got a steal at 17.

Palms looks like he is in preseason form still, lethargic and choppy play from him. He needs to wake up and fast.

Suban continues to disappoint. The coaching staff needs to sit him down and explain to him that his body can no longer do what his mind thinks it can. He was never the smartest defenseman and without his athleticism he is struggling hard.

Severson makes my hair fall out.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If Blackwood did test positive we aren't exactly out of the woods yet, there could be more on the way.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Yeah, but unfortunately this isn’t an overreaction. He has been problematic since the day he got here...

do you really think jack Hughes enjoyed the nickname “lil :eek::eek::eek::eek:y” as an 18 year old coming into the league?

do you really think PK wasn’t a complete liability last season?

this season 2 of the 3 5 on 5 goals we’ve given up have been DIRECTLY on PK.

again, total cancer and awful hockey player
Damn, he caused two 5 on 5 goals in 4 games while playing 25+ minutes a night? Cut him.

I’m not even going to respond to the nickname bit.

Reactions: NJ Fan 12

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Palms needs to wake the F up.
He is supposed to be a leader of this team and is supposed to be the trigger man on his line.
Going larger stretches of doing nothing at all is garbage.
I know he is a fan favourite and local kid, but he is too inconsistent and when he is not scoring , he is just taking up space . Makes some very dumb decisions with and without the puck and has caused more goals than he has contributed to.
I do NOT want him resigned. Palms on the decline is not something I want to see. It’s not like he is amazing when he’s not scoring and brings anything else to the game .
When he's scoring he's great...but Palms absolutely is a one dimensional player who offers essentially nothing when he's not producing.

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
My concern here is this.

If the PK slap shots weren’t drawn up, I feel as though ruff would have torn him a new one by now.

the guy actually attempted close to 15 slap shots tonight. That’s totally unacceptable. The stick tapping is another... like how has nobody on the team Called him out and asked him to stop?

I think he still has the ego/presence of a star while playing like a trash can, and I have to imagine it pisses guys off. I think getting rid of him would be an immediate improvement and a lot of our guys would play looser.

he’s a cancer, I’ve seen enough

I think you are spot on. The fight with Miles Wood in training camp was brutal too. Of course it happens, but PK had a serious temper tantrum after they separated. That was unnecessary. He needs to be properly coached but do you think Ruff really wants to deal with that whole situation? He was a bad pick up in my opinion.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah PK eats minutes but when you're as underwhelming as he's been it's like comparing him to a bad starting pitcher who eats innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad