Post-Game Talk (GBU): Welcome to Buffalo, Jack! [Mod Warning: Post #101]

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I predict a rookie season of 28 goals and 35 assists for 63 points. Next closest Sabre will be Kane with 27 goals and 25 assists for 52 points and then Ennis 21 goals and 28 assists for 49 points.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I predict a rookie season of 28 goals and 35 assists for 63 points. Next closest Sabre will be Kane with 27 goals and 25 assists for 52 points and then Ennis 21 goals and 28 assists for 49 points.

I really hope Tyler Ennis can get more than 3 extra points from last season.

He had 46 this year, he could easily get 56, if not more.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

Sounds about right. I think Ennis may be higher, Kane a little lower.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I really hope Tyler Ennis can get more than 3 extra points from last season.

He had 46 this year, he could easily get 56, if not more.

Ennis always seems poised for a breakout year but it never comes.

I think he does have more in him though especially if he isn't the best player on his line, which has been the case most of his career.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

I think he does have more in him though especially if he isn't the best player on his line, which has been the case most of his career.

It's hard to have the points to qualify for a "breakout year" when your team is a trainwreck. Heck, I'd say this past season could be considered a breakout year for Ennis in that he consistently put up points despite being our only legitimate offensive weapon besides Girgs, who was out for the home stretch of the season.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY

To me, this was Ennis' breakout year. Sure his point total was not that high but considering the circumstances the point total is actually pretty impressive. Ennis surprised me so much this season, you can tell how he has matured and I admire how much he puts into every game.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
To me, this was Ennis' breakout year. Sure his point total was not that high but considering the circumstances the point total is actually pretty impressive. Ennis surprised me so much this season, you can tell how he has matured and I admire how much he puts into every game.

Couldn't agree more. Eager to watch him with more competent players on his line/taking pressure off his line.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

I think he surprised the GM also.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I hope Zemgus stays (relatively) healthy throughout the season. He was on track for at least 20 goals, I'd love to see him get 25 this year, and 25 assists. On a much improved team, this should be an attainable goal for him.

PopeInTheWoods

Asset Overvaluer
Feb 5, 2015
Rochester NY USA
Welcome Jack! I recommend you pick #15, it's got a bit of Jack history here in Buffalo:

8386-855665Fr.jpg

Hopefully you can win two championships here too. The Congressman and Presidential / VP candidate follow-up jobs are optional.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Hey Sabres fans here is a nice compliment from Hendricks on the radio today:

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 4m4 minutes ago
"I'd be lying if I said I'm not excited about possibility of having McDavid on our team, especially after seeing Eichel." Hendricks. #Oilers

Basically saying wow if McDavid is as good or even better then what a treat.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Hey Sabres fans here is a nice compliment from Hendricks on the radio today:

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 4m4 minutes ago
"I'd be lying if I said I'm not excited about possibility of having McDavid on our team, especially after seeing Eichel." Hendricks. #Oilers

Basically saying wow if McDavid is as good or even better then what a treat.

:laugh: I can definitely see him thinking "wow... this McDavid is supposed to be better than this kid?" Congrats to Hendricks for captaining a great run relative to expectations from Team USA. I haven't had that much fun watching USA at the WJC in years.

Can't wait to see the first Sabres - Oilers game and how these two perform. The Sabres - Oilers games the past two seasons, along with the Sabres - Coyotes games this year, have been truly bizarre experiences.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Eichel will be playing summer hockey in Buffalo, against local pros and college players. His team includes Pat Kane, Girgs, and Vinny Scarcella. Good luck to the opposition.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It's good to hear that Murray has no intentions of trading the 2nd overall pick. It's obvious he shouldn't have any intentions of trading that pick, but to hear him say that eases my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad