Post-Game Talk (GBU): Welcome to Buffalo, Jack! [Mod Warning: Post #101]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
It's good to hear that Murray has no intentions of trading the 2nd overall pick. It's obvious he shouldn't have any intentions of trading that pick, but to hear him say that eases my mind.

Not trading down. Not trading the pick. Not calling Chiarelli. Eichel exceeded his expectations at the Worlds.

:handclap:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Logically, I knew it would never happen, but every once in awhile I'd have an irrational thought about us picking Strome over Eichel, haha. Nightmare level **** :laugh:

It's all good. I toy around with the thought of offering Edmonton a Lindros deal:

Forsberg - 2nd overall
Ricci - Kane
Future 1st - NYI 1st 2015
Future 1st - 2016 1st
Duchesne - Bogosian
Huffman - Weber
Hextall - ? (31st overall, 2017 1st)

Then I come back to reality........

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
It's all good. I toy around with the thought of offering Edmonton a Lindros deal:

Forsberg - 2nd overall
Ricci - Kane
Future 1st - NYI 1st 2015
Future 1st - 2016 1st
Duchesne - Bogosian
Huffman - Weber
Hextall - ? (31st overall, 2017 1st)

Then I come back to reality........

Funny thing is, everyone acts like the gap between McDavid and Eichel will result is a significant point disparity, as if Jack will top out as 70 point scorer while McDavid lights the league up. Despite Lindros being a freak of nature in every sense of the word, Forsberg was about on par. It's a shame that both were plagued by injuries throughout their career. At least Forsberg produced at a decent rate until the end of his career.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Funny thing is, everyone acts like the gap between McDavid and Eichel will result is a significant point disparity, as if Jack will top out as 70 point scorer while McDavid lights the league up. Despite Lindros being a freak of nature in every sense of the word, Forsberg was about on par. It's a shame that both were plagued by injuries throughout their career. At least Forsberg produced at a decent rate until the end of his career.

No way Philly ever sees it ahead of time, but Forsberg was enough for Lindros. That's what makes me gunshot about trading up, though it's fun to talk/think about.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Anyone else heard this?

I'd be mildly surprised because he said he was going to wait until after the draft to make a decision, which I think is smart even if it's a foregone conclusion. Once he hires an agent he effectively makes his decision to go pro. I have some doubts here. You don't need an agent until you have an NHL team to negotiate with, outside of marketing deals which he could land right now if he wanted to forego his NCAA eligibility. That's really all that would make sense with getting a formal agent right now.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'd be mildly surprised because he said he was going to wait until after the draft to make a decision, which I think is smart even if it's a foregone conclusion. Once he hires an agent he effectively makes his decision to go pro. I have some doubts here. You don't need an agent until you have an NHL team to negotiate with, outside of marketing deals which he could land right now if he wanted to forego his NCAA eligibility. That's really all that would make sense with getting a formal agent right now.

They also float you loans so you can have a dapper suit and some bling at to wear at the draft.. :naughty:

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
A fun game would be trying to figure out who Schopp's source is. Local bartender? Other angry guy at kids softball game? Harrington? (Listed in order of credibility)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I know he has/had a family consultant. But that was to help him pick a college. It's Schopp. Id take it with a grain of salt. Many grains.

"Family advisor" is the NC$$ codeword for agent.

All high level NC$$ players have an agent that gives advice pro bono to comply to NC$$ rules with an understanding that the player will sign with the "family advisor" once they turn pro.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2014/03/17_saint_john_gm_eichel_will.php

Eichel's "family advisor" is Peter Fish.

http://www.globalhockey.net/about.php

http://www.nhlpa.com/inside-nhlpa/certified-player-agents/find-an-agent?ln=F

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
"Family advisor" is the NC$$ codeword for agent.

All high level NC$$ players have an agent that gives advice pro bono to comply to NC$$ rules with an understanding that the player will sign with the "family advisor" once they turn pro.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2014/03/17_saint_john_gm_eichel_will.php

Eichel's "family advisor" is Peter Fish.

http://www.globalhockey.net/about.php

http://www.nhlpa.com/inside-nhlpa/certified-player-agents/find-an-agent?ln=F

Not questioning the validity of that, but where did you find out that Fish is his family advisor?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
thanks, I missed that obviously.

Seems like he'd be leaning towards going pro. Hope so, would love to see what he can do in 4 months.

Peter Fish was his "family advisor" last summer when Jack was deciding between BU and playing in the Q this past season.

So, his advising Eichel isn't a sign of him leaning one way or the other.

I would be surprised if Eichel went back to BU based on how this past season went and how he did at the WCs.

But, it won't be a bad thing if he does.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Not questioning the validity of that, but where did you find out that Fish is his family advisor?

It's also in the article in THN draft preview. Tells the story about how his dad dropped him at Applebee's alone to meet with these advisors and decide for himself who he wants. It was Fish.

He also grew up a BC fan, but picked BU as the better fit for him despite hating the Terriers.

Good article.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I would be surprised if Eichel went back to BU based on how this past season went and how he did at the WCs.

But, it won't be a bad thing if he does.

I'd be fine with it, gives us an easy excuse to season Samson in the AHL for a full season of pro hockey and let them both make the jump together in 2016-17.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'd be fine with it, gives us an easy excuse to season Samson in the AHL for a full season of pro hockey and let them both make the jump together in 2016-17.

I would not mind this at all. Bring in some UFAs, make some trades. Give Grigorenko and Hodgson playing time and a chance to improve, either for a future on the team or increased trade value.

Kane - Girgensons - Hodgson
Moulson - Larsson - Ennis
Foligno - Grigorenko - Gionta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad