Post-Game Talk (GBU): Welcome to Buffalo, Jack! [Mod Warning: Post #101]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Welcome to Buffalo, Jack!

Barring insane trade and/or Edmonton doing something stupid with their pick. :laugh:

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
#2/Zadorov/Grigorenko/2016 1st I think I would give up, especially with Pysyk seeming to be OK.

But am going to be ecstatic with Eichel

leo2892

Jan 25, 2007
**** off.

At least this guarantees that Eichel will have a better career than McDavid :shakehead

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Ugly:

Gary Bettman
Bill Daly
Darryl Katz
Craig MacTavish
The Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club
The City of Edmonton, Alberta

Four ****ing first round picks in the last six ****ing years. What a ****ing joke. You can't convince me it wasn't fixed. **** you Edmonton, I hope McDavid either becomes a colossal bust or decides to pull a Lindros and ask to be traded to a team that actually deserves him.

Last edited:

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Ugly:
Four ****ing first round picks in the last six ****ing years. What a ****ing joke. You can't convince me it wasn't fixed.

EXACTLY, NHL brass wanted the next superstar to go to a butt-f)$# Canadian city in the most northern market, which nobody else cares about.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
there's something lovely about the fact that after all the backroom whining about tanking it goes to the *oilers*

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I can't complain. Disapointed at the fact we didn't get to enjoy the good feelings of winning #1st overall but Eichel will be an impact player for sure and I'm happy to welcome him and have him.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
So to squeeze a question amid the moans and woes....

What's the likelihood this kid is gonna be NHL ready for September 2015? Top 6 caliber ready? Or the type who needs some seasoning in the middle 6? Get skates wet on wing or drop ship into center? I gather from other commentary that he's more the play-making center than the play driver (ala McDavid) so for sure that stuffs him with Kane as the ultimate goal?

K, a few questions, but looking for some insights from those who have actually seen this kid play and can put that into context with how others of his elk have flushed out...

ZeroPT*

I'm just glad we got 30th. This is a sucker punch made out of a demolition ball that has spikes with aids on them to the gut of Coyotes fans. I feel really bad for them, ESPECIALLY that it's Edmonton and that they're in the same division.

I'm fine with Eichel. More than fine actually. I love the way he plays and now he's ours, he's all ours!!!! One thing that sucks is that I can't order my Eichel jersey because I don't know what number he's wearing. Damnit Kane.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Not saying this is an ideal line...

But...just in terms of Speed...

Ennis-Eichel-Kane.

Speed kills

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
You just know Eichel is smiling somewhere. This was his best opportunity to have the better career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad