Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Return (CHI, DAL, WPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
If Marty really works this offseason on his conditioning and his first few steps, I think he can be a good player in the NHL. He has a lot higher hockey IQ than I thought he did when he first came in. He has good vision and defensive awareness and can make some great passes that make me wonder who just passed the puck. I just think he gets tired too quickly to use his tools effectively for more than the first 30 seconds or less of each shift.

DUHockey

Dec 15, 2015
The last time Marty got scratched, he came out hitting everything. I'd bet that is what Roy is hoping for.

I really like Wagner, but he should be a 13th forward for a team. A player that can jump in the lineup and provide a bunch of energy, but shouldn't play every night.

Roy giving veterans who take the night off a free ride again. Wagner payed well enough to stay in.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Roy giving veterans who take the night off a free ride again. Wagner payed well enough to stay in.

Yeah, I really hope Iggy is not a mainstay on the top line anymore. Roy really needs to quarantine him and Tangs in the bottom 6 and quit trying to play them with our top guys. Iggy especially kills the momentum on that line and Tangs can pass with them and has good enough vision to kind of be in the right places but is offsides at least two or three times a game on the top lines.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah, I really hope Iggy is not a mainstay on the top line anymore. Roy really needs to quarantine him and Tangs in the bottom 6 and quit trying to play them with our top guys. Iggy especially kills the momentum on that line and Tangs can pass with them and has good enough vision to kind of be in the right places but is offsides at least two or three times a game on the top lines.

Fact is that we have no answer, except for a couple of maybes. One of those is in the AHL, and the other Roy sees as a no not a maybe. Oh and apparently somehow Roy likes what he has on the NHL roster. lol

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Couldn't be any worse than Redmond on the right side, but I think the biggest factor stopping it is and will be the amount of minutes they want him to play. If we make it past the season and the AHL team does not, I'd imagine he'd be brought up then.

Nothing is safe if we get steam rolled by Dallas though, you never know what Roy will do after a bad loss or two.

Yeah I can see Roy wanting him to play big minutes with San Antonio. At the same time Z playing 10-14 minutes a night during a playoff a run could be just as important for his development.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah I can see Roy wanting him to play big minutes with San Antonio. At the same time Z playing 10-14 minutes a night during a playoff a run could be just as important for his development.

And us actually winning games, but Roy is the one who has to be convinced of that. That's the question I guess, if he is or is not during this season.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs need to win the games when the teams chasing them lose, you can't just say oh well at least the Wild and the Preds lost too, they all have games in hand and if Avs don't keep winning, Wild and Preds will get ahead of them eventually, one has 3 games in hand the other has 2 i believe.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Didn't Roy say it's going to be the same lineup except Martinsen for Wagner?

Kazuichi

Jan 19, 2016
Hot weather south.
Well on the topic of Varly... tbh I would prefer us not to have to be associated with all this in general.

As a also Ravens fan, I know what its like to deal with media.. fans.. perception when you have 'criminals' on your team. And its never good, only the actual fans of the team usually understand.

But inevitably, your whole team will suffer.

I'm fine with Pickard, regardless of how inconsistent he can be. Varly is old anyways.

I didnt even follow this.. Im fairly new to this sport and fanbase to be honest. Been a Avs fan for only two years now.

Did they even find any HARD evidence that said he DIDNT do it?

Or do we know for a fact he did it?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
-He didn't do it, he's not a criminal, never convicted.

-He's not old... like at all.

-He's by far better than Pickard and will always will be.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well on the topic of Varly... tbh I would prefer us not to have to be associated with all this in general.

As a also Ravens fan, I know what its like to deal with media.. fans.. perception when you have 'criminals' on your team. And its never good, only the actual fans of the team usually understand.

I'm fine with Pickard, regardless of how inconsistent he can be. Varly is old anyways.

I didnt even follow this.. Im fairly new to this sport and fanbase to be honest. Been a Avs fan for only two years now.

Associated with what? No conviction, never even charged, the suit went nowhere with a jury and she had to pay his legal fees. If people educated on the whole case think he's a criminal they likely suffer from some mental block or have a very low IQ, so who cares about their opinion. There is no way any sane person can actually examine the facts and say he's guilty. A jury in the civil case, with a far lower level of burden of proof required, made HER pay HIM. And Varly...old? He's 27.

Hard evidence he DIDN'T do it?? I'm sorry, but, what? How do you propose hard evidence of that?? The only hard evidence you could have of that would be video footage from inside the room of the entire incident. So no, there is no hard evidence he didn't do it, but he shouldn't have to prove he didn't do it. Innocent until proven guilty and all that? Allegations mean nothing without evidence, and she seemingly had no evidence, so Varlamov, to all of us, should be 100% innocent until proven otherwise.

And if we knew for a fact he DID do it, the DA would have pressed charges and she would have won her suit. Seriously...how did you even have to ask that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's hard not to be jealous. I am totally fine with STHs getting perks for their money but they are wasting such an opportunity to connect with new fans (and maybe get a few more ST deposits) because they refuse to hold a fan fair for the public. I know I can pay my $150 and go to the gala if I want, I might seriously do it next year and would certainly help if a few individuals are on the team at that point. Can you imagine a little kid getting to meet MacKinnon, he'd be a fan for life. Sorry, it's just so disappointing because I'd treasure every second of going to the team party.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
It seemed like there was a lot more people there than in past years. Duchene handed a shirt to a kid in his jersey and the kid couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

This may mean nothing, but they hand everybody who comes in a booklet with everyone on the rosters head shot, as well as a printed out roster list. Zadorov's face was in the head shots, and his name was on the roster. He was the only non roster player in the booklet. Thought it was strange.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

1) It hasn't seemed to affect the team's play. 13-14 it was more prominent and look how Varly and the team played then.

2) Varlamov is not old, and Pickard is not even in the same stratosphere as Varlamov in terms of quality of goaltending.

3) The "evidence" they were presenting against Varlamov was suspect, and all signs point to him not having done anything to this woman. There's a reason the first case amounted to nothing, and now this civil case was primarily won by Varlamov's camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad