Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Return (CHI, DAL, WPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
"The Best Player to Ever Play the Game" has been suspended. We have a chance.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
No captain for the Hawks, that'll cramp them a bit especially on the power play, but that Kane line is still intact and deadly. No Varley actually doesn't concern me. If Pickard can put on a show like that on the road in LA the day after he puked his guts up, Pickard with a week of rest at home ought to be plenty to give us a chance to win.

Actually optimistic about this week. It hasn't been long enough since the last meltdown for them to have another one. I'll be conservative and say four points allowing for a loss against either the red-hot Hawks or the very angry and humiliated Stars. But five or six isn't out of the question given how they match up inside the division.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I voted with my heart.

Although I could see all 4 being linked. Rewaive Bodnarchuk, CBJ picks him up and can send him down (nobody else claimed him, right?). Trade Seimens to CBJ for someone like Markus Hännikäinen. New guy goes to SA to replace Rantanen, who gets called up for the rest of the season. To make room on the Avs roster, Guenin gets sent down (also replaces Seimens down there).

This works on so many levels...in my head anyhow. Avs get Mikko, which most of us want. Rampage lose him, but still have a Finnish winger (not nearly as good, but ain't that bad). Guenin gets to play at his natural level, and SA defense does not get (much) worse losing Duncan. Avs drop a contract ... this is essentially a 2for1. And explains the Bodnarchuk shenanigans: the Avs take the risk of another team claiming him, then rewaive him back to CBJ and they can send him straight to the AHL as he has now passed waivers. That little bit of risk is what evens out the trade. Had another team put in a claim for him, Avs have to hold him until next year, or let the other claiming team have him....and lose out on making the trade....or have to offer more than Seimens. Of course, I am just guessing on the players they would be asking/offering....but those are ones that might make sense, especially given the amount of scouting each other they seem to have been doing. There are a couple CHL guys in the CBJ system that intrigue me more than Markus Hännikäinen, but the scouting has been focus in Lake Erie, so I limited myself to that roster. Also went with F, to be the replacement for Mikko...did not leave a ton of good choices. We know they want Bodnarchuk back, as when we claimed him, they said they would take him back if we rewaived.

Crazy theory, will not happen. But I like it. Thoughts? (I can move this to the stickied thread if that would be more appropriate).

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If they miss the playoffs, Josh should sue that chick for millions of dollars in lost revenue on the grounds that this bogus trial kept their #1 goalie out multiple games.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
thanks TV, is this the first time this season they have had only 6 D?

On the roster, definitely. They might have had only 6 healthy before but always an extra on the roster. I know it's their AS break and don't play until Friday and could call someone up by then but Avs don't send someone down for one game usually. I think it's kinda cheap just to send a guy somewhere just so he doesn't get to have a break. Avs could have sent Bigras down for the weekend and didn't. Labrie was even iffy for the game yesterday and considering the rate they have injuries down there I don't think they want to roll with 6 for long. Maybe it's nothing but it's a bit odd.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So Corbett was sent to Ft Wayne this morning. Why am I bringing this up? Because the Rampage now only have 6 defensemen.

Hmmm, this could be interesting. Even if it's just Stuart getting healthy, and Redmond or Bodnarchuk being sent down, I think that's positive news.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Any chance he aggravated whatever it is yesterday? Cause otherwise I'm just gunna continue assuming that we're gunna see Gaert eating nachos in SA again; and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

He played the whole game. Clark also just came back from injury. If anything they should be adding one and not removing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad