Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Return (CHI, DAL, WPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
If any of you are able to send questions to the Roy radio show today could somebody ask one about Bigras? Here's my question I'd love to have answered so if somebody wanted to copy and paste it I'd love you forever....

Through 9 career NHL games Chris Bigras is yet to be on the ice for a goal against. How do you feel about his game and is there an opportunity for him to earn some more playing time?

Wasn't he on the ice along with Bodnarchuck when King scored in the 2nd period of the LA game?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Nobody from either team has scored while he has been on the ice in the last 7 games. Talk about a shutdown D ;)

He isn't getting much OZ time at all. They seem to like to keep that pair's shifts very short and it's obviously easiest to make a change when transitioning into the OZ.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Grigorenko - MacKinnon - Duchene
Landeskog - Soderberg - Rantanen
Comeau - Mitchell - Iginla/Tanguay
McLeod - Wagner - Skille

Time to convince the oldies they need some rest down the stretch. ;)

This. This is my lineup also.

Iggy, Tangs, Wagner, could all rotate in and out of the lineup and play 2/3 of the game so we don't have an ''isssue'' with our vets being benched for the remainder of the year.

At this point I think I would prefer to have Everberg play good D than have Iggy/Tangs in the lineup sucking the life from their linemates.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Will has been returned to San Antonio.

And it looks like Martinsen is in for Wagner.

Interesting, a high flying offensive team against Martinsen or Wagner? Which one would you want regardless of Roy's actual roster decision lol?

Wagner can skate, but hes not been that good defensively. Martinsen is pretty much a passenger at both ends unless he hits everything that moves.

I guess I should just s. t. f. u. because Greg is still in the lineup, lol

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What's up with Varly outside of the civil case? Been out of the loop for the better part of the last week.

Physically nothing other than sitting all day in a courtroom for a week and a half.

Roy is usually pretty desperate to start Varly. But the mental toll and the fact he hasn't practiced or been on the ice much I can understand. He also said something about knowing more about Berra soon, so there might be a setback there but I haven't seen the video yet v

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
What's up with Varly outside of the civil case? Been out of the loop for the better part of the last week.

Nothing? Possible that his mind still isn't 100% on hockey because going through nearly a week of this trial wouldn't be helpful to anyone. Other then that though Varly is 100% ready to go physically.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Martinsen is pretty much a passenger at both ends unless he hits everything that moves.

The last time Marty got scratched, he came out hitting everything. I'd bet that is what Roy is hoping for.

I really like Wagner, but he should be a 13th forward for a team. A player that can jump in the lineup and provide a bunch of energy, but shouldn't play every night.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The last time Marty got scratched, he came out hitting everything. I'd bet that is what Roy is hoping for.

I really like Wagner, but he should be a 13th forward for a team. A player that can jump in the lineup and provide a bunch of energy, but shouldn't play every night.

I agree Wagner should be a 13th forward. However Martinsen should be a 14th forward. ;)

Hope you're right, Marty does have to be able to catch people to hit them though lol.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Marty and Wagner are interchangeable in my mind, given how they've played so far. Two completely different players, they both don't bring much.

Change of topic, but given how responsible Bigras has been so far, do you guys think there's any chance we see Z called up at some point during this playoff push?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Marty and Wagner are interchangeable in my mind, given how they've played so far. Two completely different players, they both don't bring much.

Change of topic, but given how responsible Bigras has been so far, do you guys think there's any chance we see Z called up at some point during this playoff push?

Couldn't be any worse than Redmond on the right side, but I think the biggest factor stopping it is and will be the amount of minutes they want him to play. If we make it past the season and the AHL team does not, I'd imagine he'd be brought up then.

Nothing is safe if we get steam rolled by Dallas though, you never know what Roy will do after a bad loss or two.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

The difference is that Wagner is a center and can penalty kill. He's never been below 53.5% in the faceoff circle in any season of his career. I'll always take the center who can log some defensive minutes over the guy who does nothing but hit. If Martinsen got better defensively, i.e. not chasing his defender, using his long reach better, tighter gap control, etc. then he could PK as well, but it's not happening. Wagner is the more valuable player to a roster, IMO.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The difference is that Wagner is a center and can penalty kill. He's never been below 53.5% in the faceoff circle in any season of his career. I'll always take the center who can log some defensive minutes over the guy who does nothing but hit. If Martinsen got better defensively, i.e. not chasing his defender, using his long reach better, tighter gap control, etc. then he could PK as well, but it's not happening. Wagner is the more valuable player to a roster, IMO.

Easily more valuable to the roster than Martinsen. Perfect 13th forward like Hench said.

Wagner doesn't PK well tho.

Hes not Cliche, that's for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad