Pre-Game Talk: Week of Nate? (MTL, @WPG, EDM)

How Many Games Will Mackinnon Play This Week?

• Total voters

PeterForsberg

Aug 4, 2012
Has Kerfoot been playing hurt too? He seemed sortve off last game. Also is Mack coming back tomorrow?

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Going to assume that the Oilers game is the earliest we see MacKinnon. No way they're rushing him back.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Been saying that about Siemens since 2013. Duncan The Ugly still here fam.

Unlike Dunk the Lunk, Woody actually has an NHL skillset tho. I wanted to believe with Dunk...until I watched general Guenin come down and instantly jump Siemens for PP time while displaying much more puck skill.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
A lot of players in the AHL have an NHL skillset. It's all in Bigras' mind. He's terrified with the puck, and scared to get hit even though he puts himself in god awful positions to get plastered so much. Unless that changes, he'll never play in the NHL. It also doesn't help that he has a muffin for a shot.

Reactions: McMetal

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
A lot of players in the AHL have an NHL skillset. It's all in Bigras' mind. He's terrified with the puck, and scared to get hit even though he puts himself in god awful positions to get plastered so much. Unless that changes, he'll never play in the NHL. It also doesn't help that he has a muffin for a shot.

I think it's more being terrified of getting benched than getting hit. My biggest gripe with Bigras for a long time was that he'd take too many hits to make a play, eventually it caught up to him which scared him a bit, but that's faded. This last time around he had the exact same jitters coming out of scratches that Zads did. But Peacock got to play through those jitters and became the monster I always knew he could be...while Woody just kept getting yanked.

He needs to go to a team with a bad D where they'll let him get comfortable in the NHL and stop worrying about getting sent back down.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think it's more being terrified of getting benched than getting hit. My biggest gripe with Bigras for a long time was that he'd take too many hits to make a play, eventually it caught up to him which scared him a bit, but that's faded. This last time around he had the exact same jitters coming out of scratches that Zads did. But Peacock got to play through those jitters and became the monster I always knew he could be...while Woody just kept getting yanked.

He needs to go to a team with a bad D where they'll let him get comfortable in the NHL and stop worrying about getting sent back down.

Bigras reminds me of that fish from that movie about fish. Finding Nemo. You know the one fish in the tank whose scared of everything? Yah that dude whatever his name is. That's what I'm gonna call Chris Bigras from now on.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Bigras reminds me of that fish from that movie about fish. Finding Nemo. You know the one fish in the tank whose scared of everything? Yah that dude whatever his name is. That's what I'm gonna call Chris Bigras from now on.
Isn't that... Nemo? You're going to call him Nemo?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's hard to tell what's what with Bigras. Is he so jumpy because he's afraid of physicality or is he so jumpy because he knows there is no room for error with the coach? Either way, the stones has to drop and he has to learn to play out of his comfort zone to have a sliver of a chance to be a NHLer here. I don't really blame Bednar for not wanting to play him when he looks like that but it's possible things could have been handled differently to build the player up.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It's hard to tell what's what with Bigras. Is he so jumpy because he's afraid of physicality or is he so jumpy because he knows there is no room for error with the coach? Either way, the stones has to drop and he has to learn to play out of his comfort zone to have a sliver of a chance to be a NHLer here. I don't really blame Bednar for not wanting to play him when he looks like that but it's possible things could have been handled differently to build the player up.
I'd be surprised if we don't see him traded for another project soon.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Zads looked just as jumpy when he came back from his scratch. The big difference was that Bigras got punished for his jumpiness while zads got even more PT to play his way through it.
I'd be surprised if we don't see him traded for another project soon.

Agreed. Hopefully it's to a team that has the PT to let him actually get comfortable at the NHL level.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I wouldn't say Zadorov looked just as jumpy. They both looked scared to make mistakes, but Bigras also looked horrified in all facets of the game. Zadorov wasn't scared of the physical play. Bigras is not only scared of it, he just accepts hit after hit. For a guy touted to be a smart player, that's not smart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad