Pre-Game Talk: Week of Nate? (MTL, @WPG, EDM)

How Many Games Will Mackinnon Play This Week?

• Total voters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Spoken like a guy who doesn't have Mackinnon, Rantanen and Landeskog on his fantasy team.

Some of us need Mack back tomorrow. Especialy those of us who have their IR spots filled by Carter and Thornton with no room to put Eichel unitl Nate is activated.

It's not all about you @dahrougem2
The sad part is I have both MacK and Barrie in fantasy. I need MacK back, but I have a comfortable enough lead in 1st that I can afford him staying out the rest of this week :laugh:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Good. Hope Lindholm finds himself eating nachos. I said this a few days ago but if you want a guy in the lineup who has no NHL skill to eat up #6D minutes at least let it be Siemens over Lindholm. At least Siemens provides a physical presence, can be tough to play against and knows how to get the puck deep. Lindholm tries to be physical but just isn't strong enough.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Unfortunately at this point if there was one guy I'd take out of the lineup on the back end it'd be Nemeth, and I'm no fan of Lindholm. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me to bring in the one guy in the organization who probably has less puck skill than either of them do on their worst days.

Someone (I think it was Haefele) posted that Lindholm has slowly crawled out of the possession metrics hole he started out in, but I'm still skeptical. I wonder just how much time he's getting at even strength alongside Barrie and if he's also getting favorable matchups/zone starts. If indeed he's breaking even in shot attempts on some nights and STILL getting a big defensive load, then that's pretty impressive.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Not that Nemeth has been good recently, but he's shown some decent play in the past, and also has a (limited) NHL skillset. Lindholm does not. He plays hard, but his skillset is probably closer to ECHL level than NHL level.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Unfortunately at this point if there was one guy I'd take out of the lineup on the back end it'd be Nemeth, and I'm no fan of Lindholm. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me to bring in the one guy in the organization who probably has less puck skill than either of them do on their worst days.

Someone (I think it was Haefele) posted that Lindholm has slowly crawled out of the possession metrics hole he started out in, but I'm still skeptical. I wonder just how much time he's getting at even strength alongside Barrie and if he's also getting favorable matchups/zone starts. If indeed he's breaking even in shot attempts on some nights and STILL getting a big defensive load, then that's pretty impressive.
Since Barrie returned

Barrie and Lindholm together: 54.17CF% | 50% Ozone%
Barrie without lindholm: 46.85CF% | 89.74 Ozone%
Lindholm without Barrie: 33.90CF% | 13.33 OZone%

Pretty easy to see that Barrie/Lindholm has been the pairing but Bednar has replaced Lindholm with somebody else in those Ozone situations which is smart.

Stats look good, but I feel Lindholm has looked horrific.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Huh, that's weird, who are they pairing Barrie with that's leading to that gawdawful possession with almost exclusive offensive starts? I assume it's a mix of everyone.

What's concerning me is the slow regression of Girard's game since Barrie's return. Not sure what that's about.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Huh, that's weird, who are they pairing Barrie with that's leading to that gawdawful possession with almost exclusive offensive starts? I assume it's a mix of everyone.

What's concerning me is the slow regression of Girard's game since Barrie's return. Not sure what that's about.
Barrie's at around 45/46CF% with all the other defensemen besides Zadorov where they're at 52CF%

Reactions: cgf and Pokecheque

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Speaking of Dmen, crazy how Bigras has just fallen off the face of the earth. At one point people had him higher or similar to Z in upside.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Siemens is the one guy who might be just as bad or even worse at handling the puck than Lindholm. I don't think that swap would change anything. Avs badly need Barberio back.

Reactions: dahrougem2

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Speaking of Dmen, crazy how Bigras has just fallen off the face of the earth. At one point people had him higher or similar to Z in upside.

Looks like a bust most likely by now. Avs tried to play him in NHL, but he was just nervous looking and poor decsision making. Not everyone can make it to the big leagues.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Looks like a bust most likely by now. Avs tried to play him in NHL, but he was just nervous looking and poor decsision making. Not everyone can make it to the big leagues.

Im not ready to write him off yet. He can still skate and move the puck which is an asset in the NHL. Hes also still very young is he not? If he can ever figure out how not to get hit all the time he might etch out an NHL career.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Always felt that was a crazy thought. Bigras ceiling was never near Z’s. It’s amazing how far he’s fallen though. He’s not even producing points or generating shots, whether it’s the NHL or AHL. What exactly is he then?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Bigras had his NHL shot this year, he didn't grab it. I really liked him, but you can't play D in the NHL if you shy away from contact. For all his warts, at least Lindholm plays physical and works hard. His upside is low, but I'd rather have him on the team than Bigras if Bigras is going to cost us goals.

Reactions: Arnusson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad