Pre-Game Talk: Week of Nate? (MTL, @WPG, EDM)

How Many Games Will Mackinnon Play This Week?

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Chambers is such a clueless hack....

"Uhhhhhh, MacKinnon is in a normal practice sweater.....soooo....uhhhhhh...that might mean he will play tomorrow against the Jets.....uhhhhh."

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I really hope Mack isn't rushing back. I'd rather go a couple more games without him to make sure he's 100% than to go back in at 85% and risk reaggravatting the injury

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Even with a loss against the Jets, this team really had no business going 4-4 without MacKinnon on the roster. I fully expected a collapse. They’ve done a helluva job to hang around.

Hope Mack comes back 100%. It’s going to be a tough race down the stretch.

If you'd have told me we'd go 4-4-1 during the Mack injury, and we'd lose Comeau halfway though, I'd have easily taken it. Get healthy and hope we have a good March. Lots of home games next month.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If you'd have told me we'd go 4-4-1 during the Mack injury, and we'd lose Comeau halfway though, I'd have easily taken it. Get healthy and hope we have a good March. Lots of home games next month.

And lots of 4 point games as well. Calgary, LA, Minnesota, St. Louis. We play them all in March I'm pretty sure.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Chambers is such a clueless hack....

"Uhhhhhh, MacKinnon is in a normal practice sweater.....soooo....uhhhhhh...that might mean he will play tomorrow against the Jets.....uhhhhh."
You should hear him on NHL Network Radio. Good god he's awful. He sounded half asleep the entire interview until he was asked by Patrick O'Sullivan about Tyson Jost and you could literally hear the joy in his voice as he started speaking about North Dakota and NCAA hockey.

He also pronounces Nieto's last name "Nee-et-tow" for some unknown reason.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
You should hear him on NHL Network Radio. Good god he's awful. He sounded half asleep the entire interview until he was asked by Patrick O'Sullivan about Tyson Jost and you could literally hear the joy in his voice as he started speaking about North Dakota and NCAA hockey.

Could be worse...he could have called him Niemi for half a game like Haynes did the other night

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

That guy is what the rest of the world sees when they look at Avs coverage. SMH.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That guy is what the rest of the world sees when they look at Avs coverage. SMH.
Well either him or Dater. Pick your poison. Dater has always done a lot of radio and even in studio call in appearances for NHL Network/TSN/Sportsnet but last year Sportsnet had him on for an intermission appearance in the arena with the camera on him. Boy was that embarassing as an Avalanche fan.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
NHL Network Radio also seems to be moving away from Dater and calling Chambers a lot more when they do have random instances of talking Avs (it isn't much).

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Well either him or Dater. Pick your poison. Dater has always done a lot of radio and even in studio call in appearances for NHL Network/TSN/Sportsnet but last year Sportsnet had him on for an intermission appearance in the arena with the camera on him. Boy was that embarassing as an Avalanche fan.

I really didn't realize how bad Dater's hockey sense is until he starting doing those podcasts. Good lord that guy does not get modern hockey.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
NHL Network Radio also seems to be moving away from Dater and calling Chambers a lot more when they do have random instances of talking Avs (it isn't much).
Moser gets a lot of calls too and I don't really like him either.

the guy who's been on NHL Network Radio more and more lately is Liles which is great. He's very knowledgeable and the guys interviewing love getting him on the show.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Moser gets a lot of calls too and I don't really like him either.

the guy who's been on NHL Network Radio more and more lately is Liles which is great. He's very knowledgeable and the guys interviewing love getting him on the show.
Moser is definitely the best spoken and articulate of the three headless horsemen (Dater, Chambers, and him). They also use Moser frequently as NHL Network's main Avs guest for their NHL Live segment or whatever that show is called as well. He comes off as above-average-intelligent when discussing hockey, but also as an insane tool*.

* = #2 Urban Dictionary: Tool

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

This is what I tried to tell people when Mack originally went down. Let's see how the team plays without him first before going all scorched earth..."so, who we drafting at 10-12?". And here we are. We win tonight, we are in the last playoff spot.

God hope Macks in. And fully healthy. How many full practices has he had now?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This is what I tried to tell people when Mack originally went down. Let's see how the team plays without him first before going all scorched earth..."so, who we drafting at 10-12?". And here we are. We win tonight, we are in the last playoff spot.

He's already confirmed out.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

He's had two practices in non-contact sweaters. I'd bet money on him returning Sunday at home against the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad