Pre-Game Talk: Week of McJesus, O'Money & cgf's Russian lover (Oilers, Blues, Stars)

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Would love to see AJ Greer make an impact this week. He can bring something that no one else in the bottom-9 brings- Size and grit. Time for him to carve a role out.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Would love to see AJ Greer make an impact this week. He can bring something that no one else in the bottom-9 brings- Size and grit. Time for him to carve a role out.
Yes and the team needs some size and physical presence up front .

Reactions: Avs71

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Need to win these games. I think the Oil will be the toughest game but that is still win-able.

OTW
W
W

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Is it just me or does Connor McDavid look like a (fully grown) little person?

1. I hope you’re not in Canada where you can be thrown in jail for saying something like this.

2. What do you mean by this? Are you suggesting he has the head of a midget...or that he was supposed to be a midget but it didn’t take?

jvcjdudu jcycyxjene

Nov 11, 2014
Denver
1. I hope you’re not in Canada where you can be thrown in jail for saying something like this.

2. What do you mean by this? Are you suggesting he has the head of a midget...or that he was supposed to be a midget but it didn’t take?
LOL 1. Thank heavens I'm in the land of the free 2. Yes a bit of both. He has the facial structure/head shape of a little person, but it just so happens that he grew all the way. You know what I mean? I've always thought that about him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’d put Bo Jackson and others easily above him.

No way. The speed, agility, balance, hand-eye and strength that Lebron brings already makes him an all time great athlete. Then add in the fact that he's 8 inches taller than someone like Bo and it's no contest.

Reactions: cgf

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
I’d put Bo Jackson and others easily above him.
I agree I would say that Bo edges out Lebron. I would probably rank the top 4
1) Bo Jackson
2) Lebron James
3) Deon Sanders
4) Michael Jordan
Just my opinion on the matter
Bo Jackson is by far the best athlete I have ever seen in my life, the guy was just a freak of nature and had done things that I have never seen replicated Lebron too but Bo was just on another level

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We'll see if Greer gets more than five minutes. If he doesn't then you could've re-acquired Samuel Henley from his cable-laying job in rural Canada and it wouldn't make any difference. It's frustrating to see he trusts a guy like Gabriel Bourque but not Greer.

Reactions: expatriated_texan

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Not ideal for Greer but at least he's actually in the lineup this time!

I guess this means Ghetto is with Jost and Compher. Good opportunity for him to show something.......anything. He's one of those guys who is really only useful if he's producing and he has 3 points in 14 games. Not all his fault because of his ice time and role but he hasn't exactly earned more.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
So a week of I wish we had Draisaitl!/I have no sense of self-worth and wish we had O'Reilly!/I wish we had Radulov!

Easy pass, sorry

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Hoping for 2/3. If we lose all 3 and go on a losing streak again, I'll be pretty concerned.

It's a bad sign when teams alternate between winning and losing streaks.

We lost 5 in a row, then had 2 reg losses over 13 (14?) Games. Losing all 3 would mean a 4 game losing streak, and that's not a good look.

Settle down there, bud. We've lost 1 game in a row...

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
I agree I would say that Bo edges out Lebron. I would probably rank the top 4
1) Bo Jackson
2) Lebron James
3) Deon Sanders
4) Michael Jordan
Just my opinion on the matter
Bo Jackson is by far the best athlete I have ever seen in my life, the guy was just a freak of nature and had done things that I have never seen replicated Lebron too but Bo was just on another level

Deon should also easily be above him. Deon might be the most athletic CB of all time. CB is a position that emphasizes athleticism. Every CB is athletic and to be the elite of the elite is noteworthy.

Also, hitting a baseball is the most difficult thing to do in sports.

So he had athleticism to be an all time great at football and the skill to play baseball at the highest level. Can Lebrun hit a baseball at the major league level?

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
No way. The speed, agility, balance, hand-eye and strength that Lebron brings already makes him an all time great athlete. Then add in the fact that he's 8 inches taller than someone like Bo and it's no contest.

Bo was faster stronger and had better hand eye coordination. Bo Jackson was great at two very different sports. Lebron has only played basketball.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think Lebron James is the greatest athlete to ever live.

It’s a real shame that basketball is what he plays.
0*UPp7brTrzyudQk6C.gif

Not sure if I agree, I consider tennis to be one of the hardest sports or the hardest sport and I can't see how LeBron would be able to beat Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
0*UPp7brTrzyudQk6C.gif

Not sure if I agree, I consider tennis to be one of the hardest sports or the hardest sport and I can't see how LeBron would be able to beat Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic.

I mean Nadal or Federer would get dominated in a game of basketball by Lebron...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I mean Nadal or Federer would get dominated in a game of basketball by Lebron...
It's definitely a hard discussion because Nadal and Federer would have to start as really young kids to get the growth needed to play in the NBA. However, tennis is probably the only sport where the combination of athletic and technical ability needs to be extremely high to be able to win consistently as both of them have done. NBA is almost purely an athletic sport, that isn't to say there isn't talent because "fake moon landing" Curry proves there is, however all you need is an athletic centre or powerforward to dominant the league. In tennis, since you're also a single, you need the mental fortitude of the MI6 as well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad