Pre-Game Talk: Week of Matt Duchene (@Philly, vs. Tampa, vs. Matty, @DUUUUUUU)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The best would be if it started off with Duchene as a kid in his Avalanche jersey. Then it shows him being drafted and everything but then suddenly it turns into one of those awful YouTube remix’s like the bed intruder.

It loops little clips like Duchene saying he just wants to play playoff hockey and then the Avs doing so last year. Then Dorion pops in and goes “we’re a team, we’re a team”. It continues with videos of the Avs justbripping it up.

Then at the end it just says “thank you Dutchy”.

Ya know what, somebody needs to make that video right now anyway lol.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
There is no need to boo the man. He gave his heart and soul for this team; it just wasn't enough. I would cheer him if i had the chance and would thank him "for his service".
Until he put his tail between his legs and gave up on the team. I don't really care what he does but I'm glad he's gone and instead have Girard along with every other player we got for him.

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
There is no need to boo the man. He gave his heart and soul for this team; it just wasn't enough. I would cheer him if i had the chance and would thank him "for his service".

Nope, sorry, but anytime a player repeatedly asks for a trade, he is not giving his “heart and soul” to the team. That’s Landeskog. That’s EJ. That’s the guys who have gone through losing and still want to be part of the solution.

I don’t respect players who ask for a trade. When you’re a teammate and a guy you go to battle with decides he wants out, he’s dead to you. He’s basically saying he doesn’t trust the guys in his locker room to be good enough and find a solution.

He gave his heart and soul up until Roy’s last year, then it was a complete quit job by Dutchy.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Not sure what I'd find more unbearable, watching a game where Matthew is playing against the Avalanche or reading this board in a week where he's playing against the Avalanche.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Matt Duchene's career arc with the Avs pretty much went like this.

I hope there's a video tribute followed by applause, then everyone can move on.
Anyone who thinks he quit on the team is flat-out wrong. Go ahead and make him some kind of villain if you like, I won't do so, and I'm betting a vast majority of Avs fans won't either.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Matt Duchene's career arc with the Avs pretty much went like this.

I hope there's a video tribute followed by applause, then everyone can move on.
Anyone who thinks he quit on the team is flat-out wrong. Go ahead and make him some kind of villain if you like, I won't do so, and I'm betting a vast majority of Avs fans won't either.

What else would you call it when he requests to be traded, and the actual leaders say ' don't trade me' ?

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I'll never see him as a villain, but I was never a fan of the headcase streaks he went through. Duchene is one of my favorite Avs of all time, but the way it ended and the fact that this team never had any success while he was here makes it a little easier for others to chop him down. Hope he gets a tribute video and a standing O but I hope we leave it at that and crush his BONES.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What else would you call it when he requests to be traded, and the actual leaders say ' don't trade me' ?

Pretty sure Dater covered it--the Avs were souring on him and he saw the writing on the wall. They were likely going to trade him anyway, he just made sure it was a mutual parting. There's absolutely nothing wrong with requesting a trade from a team that doesn't really want you anymore. Again, he didn't quit on the team even when they failed to fulfill his request. He showed up at the beginning of 2017-18 and played well.

I've no ill will toward him whatsoever, if you do, that's your business. But you're leaving quite a bit out of your narrative there. He didn't just up and request a trade out of nowhere, that relationship had been deteriorating for quite a while.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I never liked him here, I’m super glad he left. But I’m moving on.....no reason to assasinate his character for me. I’d imagine he will get some kind of mention and people who liked him will cheer for him. I don’t think anything bad of those people, he was just never my kind of player. Go Avs Go!

Reactions: Pokecheque

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Pretty sure Dater covered it--the Avs were souring on him and he saw the writing on the wall. They were likely going to trade him anyway, he just made sure it was a mutual parting. There's absolutely nothing wrong with requesting a trade from a team that doesn't really want you anymore. Again, he didn't quit on the team even when they failed to fulfill his request. He showed up at the beginning of 2017-18 and played well.

I've no ill will toward him whatsoever, if you do, that's your business. But you're leaving quite a bit out of your narrative there. He didn't just up and request a trade out of nowhere, that relationship had been deteriorating for quite a while.
I believe he knew he was going to be traded anyway . Like you say he saw the writing on the wall so they concocted this playoff story .Allowed him to save face so to speak

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm not vilifying the guy or anything, but to me he definitely took the easy route out, during that whole mess of a season there were both Landeskog/Duchene rumours. One said trade me, the other went to management and said do not trade me. Good luck to him in Ottawa but he's not a guy that I'll want back like I do with ROR and Stastny.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad