Pre-Game Talk: Week of Matt Duchene (@Philly, vs. Tampa, vs. Matty, @DUUUUUUU)

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
McLeod got tribute, so should Duchene. He had some great moments with Avalanche at the end and some amazing highlight reel goals.

Don't be bitter .
I agree, I think a lot of people are salty for no reason. If we traded him and got a crappy return because he "requested" a trade, I could see why the saltiness but we got an amazing return for Duchy so I remain a fan and probably will his entire career. I don't live in CO and am actually about as far away as possible in the U.S. (in FL) but he did some amazing stuff for the Denver community and he was always a class act even when he wanted to be traded and Sakic was dragging his feet, he still signed and met with the fans every single game. Did he make a stupid comment about making the playoffs with Ottawa? Sure he did but I can guarantee that everyone in this forum has made at least 1 stupid comments in there life so I will give him a pass.

I think being on the dumpster fire team that is the Sens is punishment enough and we as Avs fans need to give the guy a break. The guy just found out he us going to be a Dad for *****'s sake. Live and let live, I say but i will also say #GoAvsGo!! :wave:

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
Don't really care whether or not there's a tribute video, or how Duchene feels about coming back to Denver, personally.

I'm much more focused on two things:

1. Zadorov crushing Duchene on a zone entry
2. Scoring at least 5 goals

Lets make this game the start of the Sens' slide - beat them badly enough that it breaks their mental.

Reactions: Tommy G

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Duchene is a winner. He has won WC, Olympics. When you're every year playing for bottom feeder it sucks and at some point you get sick of it. I would say he got very unlucky how things worked out.
I wouldn't say that riding the coat tails of team Canada makes him a winner. His WC win was while many of the best players in the world were still playing meaningful NHL games. I will admit that he did look good in the Olympics but it wasn't like the success of Team Canada was on his shoulders. Which is when Duchene always has succeeded and looked good.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I actually caught grief here for saying that Duchene was a good to great complimentary piece but not one that a team should build around several years ago.

I wish him well and hold no animosity. I can understand why Duchene went to Joe and formally requested a trade after being dangled in the rumor wire for so long. To me, Duchene is just to fragile emotionally to be a true leader on any team. Landy is tough as nails mentally and that's why he was named captain and shows why he took the teams plight personally and wanted to be a part of fixing it.

Still would've loved it if we could've traded Duchene prior to the whole ROR exit. Our 2nd line would be so much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad