Pre-Game Talk: Week of Matt Duchene (@Philly, vs. Tampa, vs. Matty, @DUUUUUUU)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Former Preds skills guy... started his own consulting business a few years back (so he is probably just consulting here). Big name in the skating world.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Will Jost ever be on-side again after this?

Not everyone can be Duchene.

offsides-duchene.gif

Reactions: Foppberg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The welcome back video should just highlights of the team since he left. Starting with the playoff berth celebration, ending with the Game 3 win. :nod::sarcasm:

I really don't get the welcome back video talk... Duchene asked to leave which by itself isn't a big enough deal to not have one, but he rubbed salt in the wound on the way out. I'm not against one ever, just don't think it is appropriate here.

Reactions: hooverdam

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The welcome back video should just highlights of the team since he left. Starting with the playoff berth celebration, ending with the Game 3 win. :nod::sarcasm:

I really don't get the welcome back video talk... Duchene asked to leave which by itself isn't a big enough deal to not have one, but he rubbed salt in the wound on the way out. I'm not against one ever, just don't think it is appropriate here.
Most of the fans don't know all the details of how and why Duchene left. They just remember the friendly face of the franchise who scored all those goals and sold all those jerseys. I doubt they'll let a player like Duchene come back for the first time without something to mark the occasion.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Most of the fans don't know all the details of how and why Duchene left. They just remember the friendly face of the franchise who scored all those goals and sold all those jerseys. I doubt they'll let a player like Duchene come back for the first time without something to mark the occasion.

Oh I agree... I just don't see why people and some media out there are clamoring for it after these comments:

Matt Duchene thrilled at getting a chance to win with Senators

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Of all three of Stastny, ROR, and Duchene. The one I'd want back the least is Duchene.

It''s not because I hate any of them, but because I think we need a center.

Reactions: expatriated_texan

member 116861

Of all three of Stastny, ROR, and Duchene. The one I'd want back the least is Duchene.

I hate two of them and hate the other one sometimes.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Same here. Duchene would do nothing for us since hes still not good defensively. Might be a downgrade from jost in that regard.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Cody McLeod asked for a trade too, and he got one. Cody freakin McLeod.

Just because one happened, doesn't mean it should always happen. Just because Ray Bourque got his number retired here doesn't mean all great players who played here for a short time should either.

That said, a there are 2 big differences in McLeod and Duchene's situations. McLeod was stripped of assistant captaincy and relegated to part time duty immediately by a new coach... and McLeod didn't bad mouth the team after he made it to Nashville (unless I missed something).

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
“I’m sure he’ll be excited,” Avs alternate captain Erik Johnson. “For us it’s just any other game. Points are at a premium. It doesn’t really matter who you play.”"

From the DP article on Duchene's return :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad