Pre-Game Talk: Week of Approaching Deadlines (TB, NYI, @Ana, @LA)

Which position(s) do we trade for?

• Total voters

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So it's pretty much a no go to trade for Lundqvist for Colorado, even at 50% retained salary? $4.25m for this season and the next? Not to mention the price would be nothing.
We have two NHL goalies under contract for the next 2 years, so no.

Reactions: McMetal

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So it's pretty much a no go to trade for Lundqvist for Colorado, even at 50% retained salary? $4.25m for this season and the next? Not to mention the price would be nothing.
Why would we want to acquire him? He’s old past his prime and worse than Gru and Frank currently but costs more than them both combined, even at 50%.
*not counting Franks new deal.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Not trying to attack you, just pointing out that Tynan is 27, and Dries is 25. At those ages, they're likely done developing. There's not a lot of precedent for a 27 year old career AHLer blossoming into an NHL regular.

I totally agree it not likely they're going to develop into NHL players. My issue is when people act like it's an absolute fact that they're never going to be an NHL regular player - as if that kind of thing is impossible. Martin St. Louis was an AHL-level player until age 25. Brett Clark was an AHL player until age 29. I'm sure there are plenty of other example all over the league. But people act like just examples don't exist.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Donskoi has 4 points in his last 25 games. Cooled off in a big way. He's still providing decent effort on the forecheck and defensively. We knew he was a bit streaky when signing here. He did have 27 points in his first 30 games so all in all, he's still provided what anyone has a right to expect.

With Rantanen, Kadri and Calvert out it would be nice if he started providing a bit more offense.

It would, but he looks like hes on an island when he has the puck in the O zone lately. I was hoping we'd see something against LA tho.

Our offense is in trouble due to our center depth.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Wonder if Francouz gets one of the 3 stars of the week for the league this week?

3-0-1 record with a Shutout, .946 sv% and a 1.46 GAA. 4 of the 6 goals he allowed came against the Bolts as well.

Pretty damn impressive week for the guy, after just signing a fresh 2 year extension with the boys.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad