Pre-Game Talk: Week of Approaching Deadlines (TB, NYI, @Ana, @LA)

Which position(s) do we trade for?

• Total voters

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Tynan just did nothing

He’d skate around in a flurry and for instant you’d think, Is he going to do something?

But no. It would just be nothing

As for Greer, we should get something for that guy and run. His face actually bothers me.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I agree he's likely a career minor leaguer. But modern NHL bottom 6's don't necessarily require size or jam - sometimes they just require defensive accountability, skating, a bit of scoring and character. If Dries improves his overall game and is able to produce offensively, he stands an outside chance of being a depth guy for us, by which I mean 13th forward or first callup.
Yeah, Dries doesn't have defensive accountability nor does he have a bit of scoring.

He's an AHLer through and through.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Donskoi has 4 points in his last 25 games. Cooled off in a big way. He's still providing decent effort on the forecheck and defensively. We knew he was a bit streaky when signing here. He did have 27 points in his first 30 games so all in all, he's still provided what anyone has a right to expect.

With Rantanen, Kadri and Calvert out it would be nice if he started providing a bit more offense.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Donskoi has 4 points in his last 25 games. Cooled off in a big way. He's still providing decent effort on the forecheck and defensively. We knew he was a bit streaky when signing here. He did have 27 points in his first 30 games
That’s insane

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Donskoi has 4 points in his last 25 games. Cooled off in a big way. He's still providing decent effort on the forecheck and defensively. We knew he was a bit streaky when signing here. He did have 27 points in his first 30 games so all in all, he's still provided what anyone has a right to expect.

With Rantanen, Kadri and Calvert out it would be nice if he started providing a bit more offense.
:laugh: Jesus. People lose their minds around here when Bura cools down, but not a peep about Donks. He provides a more all around game but still.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
:laugh: Jesus. People lose their minds around here when Bura cools down, but not a peep about Donks. He provides a more all around game but still.

Donks’s came back from a concussion, can’t fault him as those are nasty to recover from.

I’d say he only started looking like himself the past 5-10 games, and he’s definitely creating chances. Not worried about him at all. Bura had no injury and does a lot less when he isn’t scoring.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Damn. You can sure fly under the radar when the team is winning. I knew he was in a rough patch, but didn’t know it was that bad.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Donny's looked a lot better in the last couple of games. I think the points will start coming shortly.

Also, if anyone is wondering why I haven't replied to some comments lately, it's because people don't seem to be able to consider that young guys currently in the AHL might one day develop into NHL-quality players. If I dare to suggest that a guy like Dries or Tynan might be an NHLer at some point, I invariable get a condescending reply that tells me he is 100% definitely an AHL player and will never ever be an NHLer under any circumstances because the future is written in stone and no AHL level player has ever improved their game significantly. /rant

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I like the LoC call up. He was our best call up earlier in the season. Although I don't like how this is coming after a reported G injury.

Barbi will ruin this team.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I like the LoC call up. He was our best call up earlier in the season. Although I don't like how this is coming after a reported G injury.

Barbi will ruin this team.
What would calling a forward up have to do with a G injury?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I believe the Avs were only rolling with 12 forwards, and with the Eagles right down the road in Ontario it wasn't a big deal. But the Eagles are headed up to Bakersfield, so if you ask me this is just to have an extra forward.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I think LOC was injured, so I'm guessing this means he's the guy they wanted to call up from the start and now they finally can.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
6D9CF709-A214-4B2D-86F0-5152D68C8A23.png
I thought this was interesting. Our shooters suck, and can’t finish

Reactions: CobraAcesS

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
View attachment 325029 I thought this was interesting. Our shooters suck, and can’t finish

Certainly matches the eye test. The Avs are the best team in the league at shooting accuracy - the only issue is they think they're supposed to aim for the logo on the goalie's chest.*

*Edit: or six inches past the upper corner of the net.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvsFan29

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
So it's pretty much a no go to trade for Lundqvist for Colorado, even at 50% retained salary? $4.25m for this season and the next? Not to mention the price would be nothing.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Donny's looked a lot better in the last couple of games. I think the points will start coming shortly.

Also, if anyone is wondering why I haven't replied to some comments lately, it's because people don't seem to be able to consider that young guys currently in the AHL might one day develop into NHL-quality players. If I dare to suggest that a guy like Dries or Tynan might be an NHLer at some point, I invariable get a condescending reply that tells me he is 100% definitely an AHL player and will never ever be an NHLer under any circumstances because the future is written in stone and no AHL level player has ever improved their game significantly. /rant
Not trying to attack you, just pointing out that Tynan is 27, and Dries is 25. At those ages, they're likely done developing. There's not a lot of precedent for a 27 year old career AHLer blossoming into an NHL regular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad