Pre-Game Talk: Week of Approaching Deadlines (TB, NYI, @Ana, @LA)

Which position(s) do we trade for?

• Total voters

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Trade deadline is just over a week away, already getting spicy with the Coleman thing. Plus a full week with 2 home games and a SoCal swing.

Injury Report:

Kadri: Lower body injury, 4-6 weeks
Wilson: who?
Grubauer: Lower body Injury, could miss time
Calvert: Lower body injury

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So we go from thinking we got Blake Coleman to not getting Blake Coleman and learning our goaltender is hurt. Excellent evening!!

This is really helping with the Sunday scaries.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
2-2-0 this week.

Two losses to Tampa Bay (badly) and New York, two wins in Anaheim and Los Angeles.

I think the Lightning are going to run us out of the building tomorrow. Thinking almost double the shots and something like 6-2 score. Not confident whatsoever.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Probably another key injury, too.

Who's on your radar this time, Ian?

giphy.gif

Reactions: dahrougem2

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Feels like Avs will go through another slide with 2 losses in a row and injuries to Grubauer, Kadri and Calvert.

L
L
W
L

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Calvert's injury is a concern, based on the clip that Nathan Rudolph tweeted, it looked like a non-contract injury. I have a suspicion that it may be a groin or core-related issue, which may not be ideal.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Avs play up to good competition, I'm expecting a good one tonight. But we're missing our #2C, #1G, and bottom six winger. That's not something you just cover up.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Eagles played in ON yesterday and their next game is is ON once again on Friday. Some AHL teams are very specific about their budgets so does anyone know if they came back home for a few days or are they staying in California until their next game?

mid they’re staying I’d have to assume we would have already heard of a call up if Calvert is out.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs play up to good competition, I'm expecting a good one tonight. But we're missing our #2C, #1G, and bottom six winger. That's not something you just cover up.
If Tampa still missing Stamkos and Kucherov, I'd say that's advantage Avs on injury front, they just have to not lay an egg and win. But I'm concerned about the team being fragile after they lost to one of the worst teams in the league in an outdoor game

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If Tampa still missing Stamkos and Kucherov, I'd say that's advantage Avs on injury front, they just have to not lay an egg and win. But I'm concerned about the team being fragile after they lost to one of the worst teams in the league in an outdoor game

Aren't they back already? Tampa GDT has them in their lineup, but it might just be a their standard lineup not taking injuries into account.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

Stammer is back. Played last game and had two assists I believe.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The season of injuries. The team deserves a boost, I hope they get someone decent at the deadline.

Kadri is a big loss, it’s going to be tough for the Avs to keep pace with STL while he’s out.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The season of injuries. The team deserves a boost, I hope they get someone decent at the deadline.

Kadri is a big loss, it’s going to be tough for the Avs to keep pace with STL while he’s out.

Well hopefully the Blues keep standing still while the Avs get themselves sorted out.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Avs44

May 16, 2011
No second line centre for the rest of the regular season, starting goaltender out indefinitely (which in Avs world means he's basically dead), and the teams' best PKer out for weeks. This is going to be a ****ing rough finish to the season.

Need MacKinnon to really hit God mode again.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
I got to laugh at this too. I mean Grubs had to see everything developing in front of him. What is the injury anyway? did he get farted on or did he get a boo boo on the back of his head from hitting iron? Seriously what was the injury?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I got to laugh at this too. I mean Grubs had to see everything developing in front of him. What is the injury anyway? did he get farted on or did he get a boo boo on the back of his head from hitting iron? Seriously what was the injury?
Cole got embarrassed wide and then bumped into him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad