Pre-Game Talk: Week for Redemption (@WPG, BUF, STL, @DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If anything, he's made Roy's decision a lot harder because of how poorly he's played. It's been downhill since Bigras and Zadorov got here.

You think it's been downhill? I just think he stands out even more now that we don't have The General to complain about lol.

He has been a little better about not avoiding physical contact, that's about the only thing showing he has any desperation to stay in the lineup IMO.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I have my doubts that Bigras will go from playing with the worst defenseman we're dressing to the best, but we'll see.

If anyone gets moved to play with EJ, I think it would be Zadorov, since they're already putting him out there against the other teams best forwards. Even that has a very low chance of happening, IMO. If everyone just prepares for the Beauchemin/EJ pairing to be back together, no one can be disappointed.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm not cheering for it. Make no mistake I'm happy for EJ to return but not for the consequences of it. This 50 contracts mystery needs to get solved too.

I'd guess give Bigras one more test vs St Louis. If he can handle them then he should stay. But also get EJ fresh in Dallas would be a good idea too.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm not cheering for it. Make no mistake I'm happy for EJ to return but not for the consequences of it. This 50 contracts mystery needs to get solved too.

I'd guess give Bigras one more test vs St Louis. If he can handle them then he should stay. But also get EJ fresh in Dallas would be a good idea too.

There is a couple of ways you can look at EJ's return as far as him being ready.

If he came back from injury hes much more likely to have a shaky game in his first game back than in his second game IMO.

This being a back to back situation could be a good excuse for playing EJ a little less in his first game back, IE playing him with Bigras.

If we're lucky both of them look good and stick together on into the Dallas game.

Grasping at any straws I can get here lol

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They can go a few different ways with it and none are really bad options as long as Bigras stays up and Redmond is sitting.

I don't think Bigras being paired with EJ and getting more minutes is a likely scenario, might even be the most unlikely, but Beauchemin and Zadorov playing a bit less wouldn't be a bad thing.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They can go a few different ways with it and none are really bad options as long as Bigras stays up and Redmond is sitting.

I don't think Bigras being paired with EJ and getting more minutes is a likely scenario, might even be the most unlikely, but Beauchemin and Zadorov playing a bit less wouldn't be a bad thing.

Yep. Roll out:

Holden-Barrie ---> 22 minutes
Zads-Beauch ---> 22 minutes
Bigras-EJ -------> 16 minutes

But during key situations swap out Zads and EJ, so that EJ inches closer to 20-22 minutes and Zadorov closer to 16-18 minutes.

AW8

Apr 28, 2014

But during key situations swap out Zads and EJ, so that EJ inches closer to 20-22 minutes and Zadorov closer to 16-18 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see Beauch and EJ switched - just to save the legs of Beauch. If EJ is our best defender I would like to see him get more minutes. Solid top 6 though

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yep. Roll out:

But during key situations swap out Zads and EJ, so that EJ inches closer to 20-22 minutes and Zadorov closer to 16-18 minutes.

See, I like those pairings but I want EJ playing 25 mins/gm. Bigras won't and shouldn't get anywhere close to that amount though. That's why I don't think it's likely.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I want EJ playing 25 mins/gm. Bigras won't and shouldn't get anywhere close to that amount though.

I'm fine with that. Even take a couple minutes away from Barrie and Holden if we have to. But I'm of the belief that Bigras is ready for and can handle 15-16 minutes per night, and should be kept at the expense of Redmond.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm

Seriously, why did we claim Bodnarchuk? Has anyone found any logical reason behind this mystery?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Varly is playing both the b2b. Called that one. Picks might play on the next b2b in Cali. That's from Roy btw.

To me the most LIKELY optimistic scenario is Bigras staying and rotating in the 3rd pair. The other options are too optimistic for me to go there on.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Seriously, why did we claim Bodnarchuk? Has anyone found any logical reason behind this mystery?

No. And I'm not buying that they just figured they could waive a bunch of crap and someone would take one of them.

When is the all-star freeze?

Hm, maybe there's no freeze but I thought if players were on the NHL roster after a certain day then they were entitled to receiving the NHL all-star break off.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Varly is playing both the b2b. Called that one. Picks might play on the next b2b in Cali. That's from Roy btw.

To me the most LIKELY optimistic scenario is Bigras staying and rotating in the 3rd pair. The other options are too optimistic for me to go there on.

Optimism... Pass it on!!

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

My best guess is that they had/have a trade lined up, but they're reluctant to pull the trigger, probably because it involves a high-profile player/prospect.

So before making the deal they decided to see if Bods, Beegs and Zads would be able to save the sinking ship that was our D. If not, they would ave done the deal, but so far it looks like things have worked out.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ha, Tyson is awesome. Nathan is such an awkward person but you can tell those two do everything together. Surprised there was no Landy in the video though.

Guess we have our answer to the "Caption this" photo of Barrie, MacK and Sakic, they asked him nothing :laugh:

I also couldn't have been the only one who thought Bodnarchuk probably felt a bit weird and left out there lol

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I swear Tyson Barrie's spirit animal is got to be a squirrel.
grey_2855410b.jpg

I just cannot tell them apart.

Love the video, isn't as good as Hejda's awkward broken English, but pretty good. Bodnarchuk and Sakic were the best parts. :laugh: Barrie, "Nate, got any questions for Sakic?"..."No". :laugh:

Curious what is this Gala party for? Is it a charity event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad